• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Orlando 2010 - April 16-18th ($7,000) - RESULTS THREAD IS UP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MLG_Deimos

<font color="dimgray"><b><i>MLG Administrator</i><
Hey, is there anything special I need to do after buying a pass or am I good to go? I managed to buy a pass just now.
You should be good to go after buying your pass. When you go up to check-in, you will provide your MLG username. You should also have a valid Photo ID with you, as well as a Parental consent form if you are under 18. Lastly, do not forget your controller.

So Fatal said:
Deimos, any idea how seeding will work for 1v1?
Players will be seeded using the following criteria, in this order: SSBB Pro Circuit Rank Points and SSBB Online Qualifier Rank Points. Players with no SSBB Rank Points will be seeded randomly. No Players will have SSBB Rank Points to seed the 1v1 Event until the 2nd Pro Circuit Competition.

You can register for the SSBB Online Qualifier by going HERE. The rank points earned in this Online Qualifier will count to the 2nd Pro Circuit Stop in Columbus.

Megaman36

Smash Cadet
NNID
Megaman36
3DS FC
0473-7900-4411
Okay, thanks for the heads up Deimos. Btw, any know if there might be anyone from Tennessee attending this?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Players will be seeded using the following criteria, in this order: SSBB Pro Circuit Rank Points and SSBB Online Qualifier Rank Points. Players with no SSBB Rank Points will be seeded randomly. No Players will have SSBB Rank Points to seed the 1v1 Event until the 2nd Pro Circuit Competition.

You can register for the SSBB Online Qualifier by going HERE. The rank points earned in this Online Qualifier will count to the 2nd Pro Circuit Stop in Columbus.
I'm gonna be so mad if I'm playing CFL at this ever.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I'll laugh if a lot of pros go to this and do not do qualifiers and play each other first round:)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Sorry people i had MMs with I just found out that I'll be only allowed at certain parks depending on the day (school band trip). So I'll be right next door to my first OoS tournament/first MLG tournament/very big tournament, but not be allowed to go =(

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'll laugh if a lot of pros go to this and do not do qualifiers and play each other first round:)
It's guaranteed to happen. I'm sure at least 60 of the people of the people who pre-regged are ranked in their region. I'd be willing to bet at least 90 of the people who register in the end will be ranked players, so expect a lot of **** brackets.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
this tournament is going to be sooo stupid when it comes to seeding, I'm prob not even doing the Qualifier since only random people are going to do it and i'll prob get M2K or some good *** pro anyways even if I'm 1st seed so it's pretty pointless, oh well!

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I thought the qualifier was specifically for Orlando , and Orlandos results will be used as seeds for the Second event.

Edit.

"* The first Super Smash Bros. Brawl Online Qualifier will be for MLG Columbus, and will help players boost their seed at all live competitions. Online Qualifier registration opens on March 15, and competition begins on March 29."

Chibo is right.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
the difference between other games mlg runs and smash is that all the other games mlg run revolve around mlg...their grassroots scene sucks, so their rankings basically started when mlg did. but smash is all grassroots and we already have very well established rankings, so someone knowledgeable like AZ should help seed the original bracket at least a small bit so as to prevent ally and m2k playing round 2 or something stupid like that. then after orlando mlg can do their thing.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Seeding being done randomly is pretty much how I thought it was going to be. This first event will be a bit wacky, but after this one things will even out a lot more.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If I hear Ally vs M2K 1st round I will laugh my ****ing *** off.

jk. Not gonna lie. That'd be really, really gay lolol

lou4222

Smash Lord
The proven players should definitely be seperated, but sometimes "well known" players are over rated. If the TOs do somewhat organize it, hopefully OS and AZ can give the midwest some love

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Anti you're going to this? I smell trolling lol.
You smell trolling about a MLG event? wtff...

M2K vs Gnes 1st round
If M2K wins he plays Dojo's Diddy
Wins that plays my diddy
IF HE CAN GET THROUGH THAT, ADHD's diddy....

diddydiddydiddy.

(Protip everyone use Diddy against M2K)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
You smell trolling about a MLG event? wtff...

M2K vs Gnes 1st round
If M2K wins he plays Dojo's Diddy
Wins that plays my diddy
IF HE CAN GET THROUGH THAT, ADHD's diddy....

diddydiddydiddy.

(Protip everyone use Diddy against M2K)
Rofl, but seriously I thought you weren't going... **** THIS IS GOOING TO BE SOO LOL

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Assume 0, and you get slightly more.

All money matches need to be done in hotel rooms.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
As long as you put his contact information after purchasing the pass, your friend should be fine. If there are any questions regarding what the current contact information is, please submit a Helpdesk Ticket on MLGPro.com where I will be able to assist you more. Please make sure your friend has a valid photo ID as well, and that his contact information on his profiles are up to date (emails, etc).
You should be good to go after buying your pass. When you go up to check-in, you will provide your MLG username. You should also have a valid Photo ID with you, as well as a Parental consent form if you are under 18. Lastly, do not forget your controller.
Hey Deimos,

My friend bought my pass for me, under my MLG account. He doesn't need to show up to verify, does he (because he's not gonna go)? Will the fact that it's under my MLG account and username make things easier, like I just have to show ID like you said earlier?

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'm going to make it to winners finals because everyone of a name worth mentioning is gonna be on the opposite side of the bracket.

M@v

Subarashii!
*enters singles*

first round: Ally

first losers round: M2k, knocked out by ADHD first round.

gg me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom