• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
The box is an item, but it's a "heavy" item like a crate or a barrel, which is why you can't Z catch it.

Cardboard is heavy

bralw logic

Tesh

Smash Hero
well it is bulky, i imagine it would be easier to catch a grenade or banana than a cardboard box large enough to fit around a super soldier

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I wouldn't call it much of a stretch to say a cardboard box that size to be of equal weight to a grenade...

Besides, it makes even less sense when you realize all of the characters in the game can hold the head of a Hammer in one hand with little to no difficulty... and we all know how heavy that **** is, it kills at 0, for ****'s sake

Ghostbone

Smash Master
The box is an item, but it's a "heavy" item like a crate or a barrel, which is why you can't Z catch it.

Cardboard is heavy

bralw logic
Yea every character besides DK moves slowly with the box...

Could this be legit in doubles? lol, Snake uses box, other player grabs and throws it?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Well, when you pick up the box the character automatically throws it. I'm wondering if the same applies to DK

FIREL

Smash Ace
Dk can carry it. Also gains a very small amount of super armor. (same thing with other heavy items)

Other people can also steal it from him, but they throw the box immediately and DK will be stuck in the same pose until he presses throw (he'll throw nothing, super armor still there).

Tesh

Smash Hero
How have I never seen that before? So basically DK can carry the box and like throw it offstage at people for gimps? Sounds like a really epic team combo right there.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
so can like, DK's keep stealing it from eachother? lol

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can grab the box away from someone who already picked it up, as long as they haven't thrown it yet.

With the ICs, Nana and Popo can keep stealing the box away from each other if you've desync'd properly. Real funny to watch.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
@John: Cool

@Tesh: I'm gonna start ignoring your posts if you don't stop camouflaging your text, lol. Btw, how do you get that color?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Just set your post color the same as the background.

Its "171717" for vibrant.

FIREL

Smash Ace
Super armor makes him immune to tripping, resist most weak jabs and weak parts of multi hit moves.
+ weak projectiles.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
That's not Super Armour.

Okay, let's get this straightened out.
There are 4 types of armour.

There is Heavy Armour. There are actually two types of this.
1. Knockback-based Heavy Armour. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain only Yoshi's double jump has this. This prevents all effects of attacks, including knockback and excluding % damage, if the move fails to surpass a certain knockback barrier.
2. Percent-based Heavy Armour. This prevents all effects of attacks, including knockback but excluding damage, if a move doesn't do enough % damage. An example of this is Snake's cypher, which has 7% heavy armour (inclusive of 7%).
3. Super Armour. This prevents all but damage from any attack. Ike has a bunch of this, etc.
4. What is this I don't even Armour. Not really armour or anything, but during this state a character ignores the knockback from an attack and instead takes set knockback instead. An example of this is Dedede with someone inhaled. At 999% a fully charged Snake FSmash will fail to kill Dedede, but the inhaled person will take knockback. Also called Sort of Armour. Both of those names coined by me, this is just sort of overlooked so threw it in.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
None, most attacks just hit the bike and not him.

There's also Kirby's stone armour, which is a variant of percentage based super armour.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm 100% certain I've seen wario Bike through flamethrower from Charizard, unless you are saying the bike can take damage for him.

Judo777

Smash Master
Most importantly DK can throw the box 4 directions. Throwing it down at people offstage is hilarious. Me and Soldier 2 sometimes play DK Snake in teams and we do that crap all day.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
A non-projectile that can beat MK's nado? DK for broken tier!

In other news, Smashboards is 502'ing like crazy.

T-block

B2B TST
Nice episode, GIMR. Really neat.

That's not Super Armour.

Okay, let's get this straightened out.
There are 4 types of armour.

There is Heavy Armour. There are actually two types of this.
1. Knockback-based Heavy Armour. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain only Yoshi's double jump has this. This prevents all effects of attacks, including knockback and excluding % damage, if the move fails to surpass a certain knockback barrier.
2. Percent-based Heavy Armour. This prevents all effects of attacks, including knockback but excluding damage, if a move doesn't do enough % damage. An example of this is Snake's cypher, which has 7% heavy armour (inclusive of 7%).
3. Super Armour. This prevents all but damage from any attack. Ike has a bunch of this, etc.
4. What is this I don't even Armour. Not really armour or anything, but during this state a character ignores the knockback from an attack and instead takes set knockback instead. An example of this is Dedede with someone inhaled. At 999% a fully charged Snake FSmash will fail to kill Dedede, but the inhaled person will take knockback. Also called Sort of Armour. Both of those names coined by me, this is just sort of overlooked so threw it in.
You forgot Squirtle's armor =)

Yikarur

Smash Master
last week Semifer discovered another way of doing this (I was live there)

- bair so that you have landing lag and are moving to the ledge
- diagonal up to the stage + B
- invincible =D

is comparable to Diddys dash attack + banana toss. the momentum he has before makes him off-stage when initiating the special.
in this case the momentum carries over and he starts the upB off-stage while facing the stage and then he lands on the stage in the invincible frames (still not that easy to do though)

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I was actually trying to do that but couldn't get it to work lol. Good stuff.

:phone:

Doc King

Smash Lord
I wonder if this technique will get banned or something while fully mastered since it looks like it can be a stalling technique.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No...you can if he was going to stall with it, you would run to stop him before he could hit invici. frames again.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Great job GIMR. You guys are doing a fantastic job with this. Now please go find a way for Sonic do do HIS invincible special on every stage.

Top Bottom