• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Next MGM: Get hit by Uair, tech and trade hits with another Uair, tech again, edgehog shuttle loop, run across stage, edgehog glide.

Tesh

Smash Hero
there is a dominos ad that says large cheese pizza for 5.99 and when you click it it just takes u to dominos.com and large pizza is 11.99

THAT is trolling. I demand a 6 dollar large pizza from swf

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I hope it's not about that "be right next to the edge when MK lets go of the ledge and you'll grab the ledge on frame 1" thing

Really risky to do

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I love this hype. to everyone who knows, make sure you don't spoil it :awesome:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I hope its the thing logic did to me in pools

Cause I can't find info about it anywhere

Edit: oh snap I think it is I'm so hyped to learn it myself.

Also gimr package your mm songs minus nc hammer I want them all on my phone for music purposes

:phone:

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
As you guys probably know by now, I always finish up each episode the Sunday night before it's released. Well, last night my car stopped working at a friend's place. I'm going to be spending the majority of the night trying too see what's wrong with it and hopefully get it fixed. Because of this you're gonna have to wait an extra day for this episode to be released. Sorry.

:phone:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Heh, as Wolf I don't even have to trade with uair since shine is invincible. Good stuff^^

:059:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
WOW LOL GIMR i just did this yesterday and i must say. this kinda ***** Olimar. Which is kinda funny since Logic was testing it. I didnt even know this was what he found. I was playing a match vs a competent Oli and i ran up to the ledge and shielded. He uaired and I Shield SDIed into an edgehog lol.

Lol Gheb why would you shine there? wouldnt that still put you in a bad situation? lol

Sonic gets a very good shield slide so its possible to just run up to the ledge and the the slide will auto 'SDI' for you lol. Kprime vid of Shield SDI ftw

Anthon1996

Smash Ace
NNID
AnUglyBarnacle
3DS FC
5301-0385-3871
Epic stuff right here. Can I do it with Marth or Falco without killing myself?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
As long as you SDI with forward down and continue to hold that you should be able to dair with both and live. Kinda of like the run off dairs for them where you have to hold forward down.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
The only problem is that it usually still buffers a fast fall since MK's u-air only has 6 frames of shield lag thus the down input still fits in the 10 frame buffer window.

M@v

Subarashii!
Good stuff. At least falco got SOMETHING to stop planking, but its still risky. I dont have the frame data, but could falco punish marth or GW planking with the dair without killing himself?

Player-1

Smash Legend
I suppose Marth and falco could delay their dair so they trade hits with the 2nd Uair and that's only if they decide to do a 2nd uair...?

Does Diddy's barrel spike work on this?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So uhhhh, GIMR, I just did some testing and I figured out a way to make this better so your method is outdated :) :) :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
When I start seeing people do this realiably without killing themselves or getting gimped from messing it up I'll call it legit. If it's too risky executionwise nobody's gonna do it.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
well if you do this with a shield slide you can just hold it GIMR. Whatever. Falco and Marth still have a myriad of good options. could falco and marth (actually iono about falco) FF then DJ Dair too?

DELUX MY MAN.

Tell me everything.

@RedHalberd. I dont get how people would be dying from its not that hard execution wise. The only 'risk' involved is MK waiting and you get shield stabbed or something

DeLux

I want to run it by the Lab first so we're all in agreement that I'm correct

Give me 5 minutes

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
LOL M@V Falco could just bair. Its not like you have to dair or something. Or do people not get that?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Does it also stop U-ait to shuttle loop? One mess up there, and it could mean your stock from a stage spike

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Dude Jebus look at the damn frame data. Of course it does. SL is slower than uair. I dont see how people say if you mess up you die. The main way of messing up would be not Shield SDI. Which still leaves you on the stage. You arent messing up and getting gimped unless you decide not to put an input in as u are floating offstage. Majority of characters aerials come so fast that buffering isnt needed you can react to the SDI push offstage then just aerial. The only ones id see as "risky" is something like Diddys dair cuz its 13 frames and you dont know how to buffer. Even though all you have to do is place the input in immediately, people may still make mistakes. Those are the few that COULD be risky. All other just place you in a position to get hit and MK returns to the stage and you are in a reset position.

C.J.

Smash Master
Does it also stop U-ait to shuttle loop? One mess up there, and it could mean your stock from a stage spike
Do you understand this... at all?

Uair is frame 2. SL isn't invincible if done in the air. SL hits much laters than Uair (well, frame 6ish, but w/e)

So yes... if it beats the fastest option MK has, it will beat a slower one too :glare:

C.J.

Smash Master
its jebus, lol. have u ever seen him post before
He's bad at logic and thinking. I assumed since he's ranked in socal he had SOME knowledge about the game. Oh well.

As it stands, idk how practical it'll end up being tbh. Buffering a roll on the ledge can very easily mean MK jumping over you and nairing you off-stage... which would hurt.

I'll wait to reserve judgement for Delux's method.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
How can you not know that SL is slower than frame 2, rofl.
I was thinking more about how MK's grounded shuttle loop invincibility frames come out before the attack does and I wasn't sure how the aerial shuttle loop worked

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
that still doesnt make sense. SL is invincible frame 4 lol.

@ C.J: I dont see how that could happen. If you buffer a roll MK couldnt possibly get over you in time and Nair. He could hit you but you would still be on stage.

C.J.

Smash Master
grounded SL still isn't invincible till frame 5

EDIT:
that still doesnt make sense. SL is invincible frame 4 lol.

@ C.J: I dont see how that could happen. If you buffer a roll MK couldnt possibly get over you in time and Nair. He could hit you but you would still be on stage.
Rolls are long. Like on average ~30 frames. MK can easily drop away from the ledge jump on stage and nair. Ala MK vs Marth/mario/other characters while they're recovering. (MK grabs the ledge, Marth DSes onto the stage, MK jumps up and nairs him back off.) 30 frames is plenty of time to do it in.

DeLux

I did some further testing and got it to work both inside and outside of frame advance.

I found only one negative to it, but the method that the Metagame Minute currently uses has the same drawback

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
guys get off of Jebus' case. He asked a question because he knew he was ignorant of the data, that's why he asked. No need to harp, lol

Also, Lux, which thread in the lab? and does it involve DSDI?

Top Bottom