• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
since I used to be a melee player, this will be no problem to master

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I watched all of the videos. Good stuff. Give me a favor and PM me some more of that Dubstep. You've got good taste.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
since I used to be a melee player, this will be no problem to master
I did to, this is harder to do then anything I've ever done in melee

I watched all of the videos. Good stuff. Give me a favor and PM me some more of that Dubstep. You've got good taste.
TBH, the stuff I find is on a week to week basis and some of it is like brand new. I actually get a lot of my music from the Newgrounds Audio Portal since it has some amazing artists and most of them will let you use their songs as long as you credit them

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I did to, this is harder to do then anything I've ever done in melee

TBH, the stuff I find is on a week to week basis and some of it is like brand new. I actually get a lot of my music from the Newgrounds Audio Portal since it has some amazing artists and most of them will let you use their songs as long as you credit them
Actually I have a very rigid taste for Dubstep. I don't like Xcore as much, even though I know he is really good at what he does. I prefer that one song ''Circle''. Do you have anymore of those atmospheric ones? Do you also have any dubstep that has a retro feel to it like Backlash?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Actually I have a very rigid taste for Dubstep. I don't like Xcore as much, even though I know he is really good at what he does. I prefer that one song ''Circle''. Do you have anymore of those atmospheric ones? Do you also have any dubstep that has a retro feel to it like Backlash?
Here's the guy who made Circle: http://shaggyhaired.newgrounds.com/audio/

all his songs are really good.

I found back lash by searching something like "8 bit dubstep" in youtube since I knew it was gonna be a GW video, lol.

Life

Smash Hero
Great job GIMR. You guys are doing a fantastic job with this. Now please go find a way for Sonic do do HIS invincible special on every stage.
We never usually have to think about this, but what are the exact conditions for isdr? I don't mean "do spindash on a slope", I mean "Sonic's on the ground by frame 2 of his release" or before his invincibility ends or whatever it is. Because if there's a way to land on that exact frame, much like the way DK finds one in this vid, then hey.

And this gives me other ideas for things to look for... Sonic would be much stronger if SDR could be canceled without having to jump, for instance (don't think this is possible though). Or snapping to the ledge from spring (I know this is possible under some condition--I have a replay of doing it on Japes but I was never able to replicate it). Or even just another new kill setup, idk. Something.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
can you test to see if this is possible on the SV platform while its moving away?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this seems harder to do than most any one frame link in street fighter and such because not only are you hitting two links immediately back-to-back, but you really don't have a very good audio or visual cue to help you hit it.

i think even the godliest of fighting game fingers would struggle to do it consistently, but i'd love to be proven wrong. this technique is total bull lol

edit: @ripple you would probably have to either cancel pivot/shield into up b as soon as possible or wait a bit longer so the platform doesn't move too far away...

you might be able to roll or dash attack into it too, like PT's zero switch

speaking of which, perhaps that would be possible on all stages...

Yikarur

Smash Master
and the invincibility is a joke (unless you're MK xD)

when DK does it on YI is just smash him =D

Yikarur

Smash Master
you can hit him with grounded non-grab moves and because the single hits are rather weak you'll always clank and cancel the copter and his invincibility vanishes. If you hit him with a strong enough move you'll even beat his copter and you sent him flying =D

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
you can hit him with grounded non-grab moves and because the single hits are rather weak you'll always clank and cancel the copter and his invincibility vanishes. If you hit him with a strong enough move you'll even beat his copter and you sent him flying =D
Shh don't tell them. I was planning on keeping this secret. =)

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Wait does that mean Fox's Dair will have the same effect as when Fox's Dair vs. MK's Glide attack happens? First hitboxes will clanks and then Fox continues to Dair?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Let's put it this way. DK is completely invincible during the up-B, if you cancel it while he's grounded though you can hit him during his cancel animation if you have an attack that out prioritizes the up-B. I should've put that in the video. On the other hand, if you see him do the air version you better just run.

@Steeler: I agree that this is really difficult to do. That doesn't mean some one couldn't learn to do it consistently though.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Ey gimr can you like...zip all the songs up in one file you've used for these and put up as a link to download

:phone:

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ey gimr can you like...zip all the songs up in one file you've used for these and put up as a link to download

:phone:
possibly, but it'll have to be after Genesis. Also, the Copyrighted songs I cannot give(MC Hammer)

@ripple: It's actually easier to do on the Smashville platform. If it's moving left then you can run left and do the turn around one since the platform will slide under you as you slide off. This gives you a larger maragin of error.

I think the same applies to the Shield version also.

Tesh

Smash Hero
So, would it be theoretically possible to do this back and forth on a small enough platform (think frigate or just one BF platform) using the momentum from the previous up B?

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
you might be able to roll or dash attack into it too, like PT's zero switch

speaking of which, perhaps that would be possible on all stages...
I doubt it. The zero switch has nothing to do with momentum; it's all about position. The platform just moves out from under you before the animation finishes.

I think someone will be able to do the pivot version of this consistently. The shield one seems way too hard though. :(

Judo777

Smash Master
possibly, but it'll have to be after Genesis. Also, the Copyrighted songs I cannot give(MC Hammer)

@ripple: It's actually easier to do on the Smashville platform. If it's moving left then you can run left and do the turn around one since the platform will slide under you as you slide off. This gives you a larger maragin of error.

I think the same applies to the Shield version also.
You talkin about transform? I don't think you can do anything to lessen the lag on Sheildas transform. She can transform in midair so her animation doesn't like cancel if she leaves a plat it just switches to the aerial animation.

@Yikaru dair will clank DK's invinciopter. B moves clank with everything thats not transcendent.

Player-1

Smash Legend
There was a tweet saying from someone at Genesis saying GIMR found something incredibly "gay", wondering what it is ^.^

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
There was a tweet saying from someone at Genesis saying GIMR found something incredibly "gay", wondering what it is ^.^
Logic actually discovered it and he was showing it to people at Genesis all weekend. I dunno though, a way to stop MK's planking with a lot of the cast doesn't seem gay to me. You'll have to wait and see though ;)

@Bam: I was at Genesis from Thursday to Monday, thus, no episode.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
no no i know u were GIMR haha. Im just anticipating what you found since that tweet about you finding some gay. So Logic found it? Respect. i wanna see it in action.

Top Bottom