• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metagame Minute, DI Part 4, Out Now! 12/13/2011 UPDATE!

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
That seems promising. I'll be watching it.

EDIT: Lol @ the video, I did not know that. I'll practice it when I get to take my SD card out of my disc driver... >_<

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Nice. But its longer than a minute :awesome:
oh yeah well you spelled "its" wrong :p

but seriously, I don't count the intro and the ending for the minute. Just the content :)

Tesh

Smash Hero
It really is stupid that someone has a rolling jab lock.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
With Pit, I've already mastered Footstooling, maybe I should switch...

But I dun leik metanub, i leik mudkipz!~

This is a good video, nice job GIMR.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
wow, this is awesome.
i didn't know nair could jab lock.

and it's nice that you incorporated how to deal with DIing opponents too. Most people don't when making these types of videos.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
... wow. This is pretty stupid. The lock, I mean. This project is a great idea, good work finding something this interesting for the first episode ;D

:059:

Judo777

Smash Master
I actually remember M2K bringing this up in a thread at some point saying MK can roll behind and continue the dtilt lock i thought he meant something else. This sounds like an awesome idea GIMR. I look forward to it.

Btw that lock is SOOOOOOO dumb.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I'd like to see more about the combo into the footstool and when it works/who it works on.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Simple solution: DI away when near the edge (or the whole time if you feel like it). When MK rolls, he can't get behind you, so the dtilt lock would only last for so many hits.

Judo777

Smash Master
Simple solution: DI away when near the edge (or the whole time if you feel like it). When MK rolls, he can't get behind you, so the dtilt lock would only last for so many hits.
Actually MK can easily get behind you. The biggest issue with jab locks are how much time you are given between hits. He can easily out run you and roll behind you.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ha, I love the cliffhanger.

wooshwooshwooshwoosh

Fantastic work, GIMR. Subscribing as soon as you know what channel it'll be on.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
(10:31:18 PM) *****: wow, you can SDI or tech those combos
(10:31:23 PM) rocketsci227: lol
(10:31:37 PM) rocketsci227: I was like
(10:31:48 PM) rocketsci227: "how legit is this U-air>D-air>U-air>Footstool..."
(10:31:18 PM) *****: no where close

Don't worry Guys, SDI and teching save you from everything.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Man, why are you guys looking at me like I'm some SDI god or something like that? You expect me to get out of this? It's impossible.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Alright, fine. You can SDI the n-air, d-tilt, u-air, and d-air. Practically all of MK's moves are SDI'able.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
after a 99 stock match with a non-DIing dummy, my best was from 0-67% with this. its pretty hard >.>

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Alright, fine. You can SDI the n-air, d-tilt, u-air, and d-air. Practically all of MK's moves are SDI'able.
IDK if you can SDI the d-tilt or n-air since they're ground lock moves, all you can do is DI them. However, it is the set-ups that you should be SDI-ing. (ie, u-air and d-air). The platform ones seem the most legit.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
See? What did I tell you? You call me an SDI god, then you do a complete 180 and not believe what I say?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Go back to practicing SDI now! and make a video of crazy Mr. Doom DI out of this combo. :mad: :mad: :mad:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Actually MK can easily get behind you. The biggest issue with jab locks are how much time you are given between hits. He can easily out run you and roll behind you.
You are making Zero sense...

You DI/SDI w/e the dtilt so MK's roll doesn't go behind you near the edge. He is forced to just hit you.

Judo777

Smash Master
You are making Zero sense...

You DI/SDI w/e the dtilt so MK's roll doesn't go behind you near the edge. He is forced to just hit you.
Haha then let me explain further. If the MK is smart he will not let you be close enough to the ledge to force that situation ideally MK could probably do the entire lock in place with 1 dtilt roll rinse and repeat. So he should play it safe and turn around extra early when approaching the ledges since as i was saying earlier, you won't be able to "outrun" the MK with SDI because he should be able to stick close enough to still be in rolling distance, Not to mention MK can actually hit you with the dtilt backward in mid roll as i did a few times on accident testing this earlier.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
in the video MK did a roll didn't roll behind then did a reverse dtilt then rolled behind and continued lock

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Thanks for phrasing a bit more clearly for me. I understand what you mean now. I had a bad feeling after rewatching the vids but I didn't want to eat my words.

It took around 2-3 hits for the opponent to get far enough outside.

Only thing I'm not sure of is the maximum feasible distance that can be moved during the tilt lock.

Judo777

Smash Master
Thanks for phrasing a bit more clearly for me. I understand what you mean now. I had a bad feeling after rewatching the vids but I didn't want to eat my words.

It took around 2-3 hits for the opponent to get far enough outside.

Only thing I'm not sure of is the maximum feasible distance that can be moved during the tilt lock.
I mean i wouldn't be surprised if SDI could allow you to at least make this MUCH harder on the MK. If ur forcing the MK to do 2 or 3 rolls per stage walk across he is bound to screw up. But i guess im saying ideally this is terrifying, and practically its still pretty scary.

Browny

Smash Hater
Im more worried about sonics semi-infinite (SDR-FSJ)^n than I am of this

You either need to not DI or SDI AT ALL to fall for those set ups, or miss a tech which requires a reaction time of less than a second.

As long as the controller is in your hands and you arent asleep, this shouldnt happen -_-

---

Also, I remember mew2king posting about the froll-dtilt alternating combo long ago, this isnt exactly new?

D

Deleted member

Wow, that's pretty ridiculous. Nice find, though!

Looking forward to future episodes. ^_^

Life

Smash Hero
I'd go about this by rolling after EVERY dtilt. Makes it harder to DI, I'd bet. And you'll get practice much more quickly. Harder technically, but eh.

Top Bottom