• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
BPC does and people have trouble reading so they just assume the whole wall of text is full of the word SCRUB.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Well, after I got the #'s for the nado...

it's damage per hit is actually very well in-line with most other moves in the game.

Only difference is that it's so easy to hit with <.<

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I wonder why I don't see more MK's using FF SH F-air to Up+B. It combo's if the last hit of F-air doesn't hit, makes it easier to land a kill at high %.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I have a question:

Since the ROB boards flooded our social and got it locked, why don't we flood their social and get it locked?

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
god **** what the **** happened i dont post in mk social for awhile then it gets locked? My question is why do you guys suck so much without me?

SethT

Smash Ace
Speaking of Robs...

How does one go about beating them? I've heard the match up is pretty heavily in MK's favor but why?

Dojo

Smash Champion
Tornado is legitimately bad for them.

Plus edgeguarding them isn't very hard. They have to come up with some kind of aerial so you hover a jump distance away wait for the aerial to come then punish accordingly.

Excellence

Smash Champion
I'm playing this match-up as Wario so try and answer accordingly, please. Where is Meta Knight most vulnerable in this match-up? If both characters are on the ground and facing one another, Meta Knight can wall Wario. If both characters are on the ground and Wario is close, Wario generally has the advantage. If Meta Knight is on the ground and Wario is above him who wins that? If Wario is on the ground and Meta Knight is above him DAir camping or just baiting who wins that? In the air, it seems like Meta Knight beats Wario on all accounts. I guess a simplified question is, in what zones does Wario have the advantage against Wario?

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
MK SHOULD NOT try to Dair camp Wario. Wario wins that fight. It won't always work, but you should be able to punish Dair on shield with Fair, nair, and sometimes Uair iirc.

MK for the most part seems to win on the ground (Ftilt mostly, dtilt, Shuttle loop, Fsmash and dsmash)

The main thing in this matchup is that MK hits more but Wario hits harder. You should be air camping until you have a fart about ready before going in if you're going to approach at all. That way you'll have trouble getting in, but when you do it will hurt.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It's pretty hard. I prefer ledgedropped bairs or fair. I don't like dair for that. The safest method is nado, but it pops him up.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I also approve default controls. I just set my R to attack since it's mostly unused. I might use it when I play Rob, makes things easier, but yeah...

Kaffei

Smash Hero
When I dair camp, I claw. I jump with X, which is pressed by my index finger, and dair with down C, which is pressed by my thumb. I press them almost simultaneously. This is the most effective way to dair camp IMO.
Any time I do a dair in the air I claw it, then I move my index finger away when I'm not dairing or whatever.

like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bwgjk8cA8Lg

I don't ever use tap jump to actually jump, it's just there and I really don't care about it lol. i guess it helps with up b oos that's about it. Oh and JC tossing.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Tap jump off and Y to grab for me

I Dair camp by doing rising Dairs with X for jump and A for my attacks, sorta rolling my thumb in order

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I dair camp by hitting Y with my thumb, then bringing it straight down to hit the C stick.

It feels pretty natural and works for me.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
Thanks, guys!
I do have a tough time going from x then quickly hitting down c stick. Or it's not tough, it's just not as fast.
I feel like claw would make more sense, but the feel is strange since it's new. XP I'll try it out and see if I can adapt to it, though. If not, I'll stick with the not as fast x to c stick.
@P-4, You use A ariel? Hm. Interesting! O:

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
@P-4, Yeah!! I can imagine that being difficult with the A button. Aha. >.<;
Yeah, and retreating fairs as well. Ariels are much better used with c stick.

I realized that I kind of like setting R to attack (no springs) and jumping with my thumb and attacking with my index finger. I'll still play around, though. I honestly wouldn't mind claw method it's just sooo weird. XP Aha. Thanks, guys!

Orion*

Smash Researcher
because then you dont have to push down on your control stick every time you dair

meaning in a tournament setting, when you DO **** UP because you WILL EVENTUALLY, or someone reads your **** you will be holding some dumb *** direction instead of being ready to, or already properly di''ing to save your stock

its not preference LMAO, its called youre being lazy

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yeah use cstick for aerials. that way you can di and space better. Claw or no claw has no advantages besides preference. Default is good because you can upb oos easier but there is ways around that too. Dair camping is kinda overated imo. Its not useful in most matchups, or the ones that matter anyway.

day you should train with me sometime i can help your mk

Top Bottom