• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Kaffei

Smash Hero
@Orion: shadow is just a troll <3

The only match ups I think that are close to even are wario/diddy/falco/fox/snake (not on RC or brinstar)

maybe ICs.. cus once you kill nana popo can't do ****

Orion*

Smash Researcher
snake def is worse than the others i think vs mk, we know how to fight him SOOOO well now

fox is gay i will admit

underrated character

Kaffei

Smash Hero
snake is overrated. honestly sometimes i think it's 6:4 our favor. you just have to be super patient when he camps and then just juggle his ***. we can cover so many of his landing options.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
you posted your thoughts on a forum board, and your a mod. you expect people to NOT respond to what you think about this game? LMAO stfu thats some bull****

also gw is 65/35

and ics are like 6:4

even perfect ics will never grab perfect mk. the difference is, when mk gets hit, he takes some percent and dies to uair at like 104592-53 and when ics get hit, you gimp nana.

end story

ics will never win

i think diddy/falco do the best vs mk, and then marth then wario, but i may be baised from losing to mr.r recently so. i will revise this in a few weeks, but i used to think it was 65/35 and he did some options i would never think of that make me think marth has ""more" of a chance

also, marth doesnt get ***** as bad on mks cps, as falco and diddy do. the same for wario

You lost to Mr.R?

When was he in the states? lol

Master Raven

Smash Master
I'm one of those weird people who use X to jump and alter between A and C for Dair depending on my groove atm.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
ive sadly never played mikehaze so i cant compare to him

him vs neo in my mind is hard, because neo just ***** my **** really hard sometimes, and other days hes just not playing so well.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
im a broke college student thats trying to afford going to tournaments in my own continent LMAO

but ill look into it

also @ miles, for college staying here 5 years assuming something bad doesnt happen

Exdeath

Smash Master
i thought orion's names was pronounced OR-RE-ON
The spelling indicates that it should be pronounced as "Oh-Rye-Un."

With that said, Shaky's name is the proper spelling for "Shay-Key," yet his name is supposed to be pronounced as "Shack-E."

Here's a thought; why not just ask Orion?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You should come to Bavaria at some point, orion. Good food, smash scene that desperately needs help...

EDIT: Holy **** if you're in europe you should wifi me and teach me how to be super super gay.
if theres a legit tournament where i can potentially make money, sure?

also, you are welcome to come here from thursday-sunday once i get a TV
i thought orion's names was pronounced OR-RE-ON
no *****, like the constellation

@ miles its my irl name also scr00b

lilseph

Smash Ace
What is a good way to gimp wolf?

i have found a couple of things that work for me but i want to hear your guys opinion, just in case they work better than mine.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You can Nair his side b and if you time it right it will knock him out of it and you'll take 0 damage. if he double jumps, nair/dair depending on spacing. then you just edge hog because his Up sucks ***

If you throw/hit him off stage, and you know he will double jump , shuttle loop him.
If you throw/hit him off stage, and you know he will double jump with an air dodge, fall back, wait for the air dodge to end, and shuttle loop him.
If you throw/hit him off stage, and you know he will drop a little low so he can double jump onto the edge, do a falling nair and keep knocking him away with dair

idk

Exdeath

Smash Master
I just Nair him if he tries to use Side-B, Up-B his Up-B so that we trade hits, and then just Nair him until he dies. If he doesn't do anything or tries to aerial you, just Dair him and he shouldn't be able to return.

lilseph

Smash Ace
lol, well everything you guys have mentioned so far i have already figured out with MU experience. Guess i got it thsi time, thanks guys :D

NNID
Budget_Player
BPC is European? Wtf is Bavaria lol
Bavaria = Bayern; it's a region in southern germany. With, I might add, the third-worst regional ruleset I have ever seen (3 starters, RC banned, CGs banned... only worse ones are the MXBBR and the Japanese ruleset, which remains the very worst competitive ruleset in the history of super smash bros).

if theres a legit tournament where i can potentially make money, sure?
They're looking into hosting Brawl in Berlin again; it's a national-level tournament. I'm going to try to start hosting monthlies, but I don't know how far I can get with that... Need to find a location first, plus they probably won't be big money things, more like 25-50 people, if I can even get that many...

also, you are welcome to come here from thursday-sunday once i get a TV
Where in europe are you and do 3-4 frames of lag make a huge difference?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
im in groningen, nederlannnndz niggz

id really prefer to not do wifi

i have a direct connection also, so i dont even know how to set that up

but im about to get my TV now LMAO, so i might just do it later today if youre interested just to see if it works

Orion*

Smash Researcher
that was pretty nondescriptive LMAO

but

against good people, especially with a character in jiggs weight class at high level play couldnt she sdi out and then punish you? even if you read the sdi out, you are getting mediocre damage, and that gives her the option to get past your zoning

fair has 19 frames of cool down and is not as safe as people think, a smart jiggs can always dash attack after or trade with fair

sl is pretty gay ill admit, but she can shield it like every other char go for the uair

lilseph

Smash Ace
Yah, i guess she could sdi out of it looking at her weight. I was just going off of what i know from my friend playing jigz >.> (who is not a high class jigz LOL)

Just play this MU like ice climbers right orion:laugh:

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I use a lot of dairs vs jiggs because it out ranges like everything she has on a 45 degree angle

lilseph

Smash Ace
^ This

i was just saying the "fight like your fighting ice climbers" as a joke. But now that i think about it more, it makes a lot of sense, i used to main Jigz, and yah dair would prob **** her.

T-block

B2B TST
Jiggs has the most trouble with a grounded MK. If MK takes to the air that's where she can compete. MK's f-air is not that great in this matchup... f-tilt and up-b OoS **** though.

lilseph

Smash Ace
<3 Oos SL. Really she COULD sdi the ftilt, BUT if she does not do it perfectly that attack ***** her so badly, as t-block said.

Top Bottom