• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
bait the whole time

nado is gay

tilts ****

shied grab ftilt

dont nado into dk punch

dont get greesy for kill, make a read

lrn to make him take a lot of % offstage

typing w/ one hand oreos > u

Player-4

See you in 25 years
because then you dont have to push down on your control stick every time you dair

meaning in a tournament setting, when you DO **** UP because you WILL EVENTUALLY, or someone reads your **** you will be holding some dumb *** direction instead of being ready to, or already properly di''ing to save your stock

its not preference LMAO, its called youre being lazy
Stfu noob, this is why I hate you

bait the whole time

nado is gay

tilts ****

shied grab ftilt

dont nado into dk punch

dont get greesy for kill, make a read

lrn to make him take a lot of % offstage

typing w/ one hand oreos > u
But this is why I love you

Orion*

Smash Researcher
also, w/ dk EVERY dk just has a list of bull**** tricks ranging from

upB
breversal **** dk punch
fairs/dairs gimmicks
running offstage blindly trying to bair you
charging random smashes hoping you go into them
random down b gimmicks
extending hitboxes on cp stages
landing w/ upB laglessly to random ****

ect

once you learn your dks bag of tricks, the ONLY dk ive played who doesnt just crumple is cable

Exdeath

Smash Master
also, w/ dk EVERY dk just has a list of bull**** tricks ranging from

upB
breversal **** dk punch
fairs/dairs gimmicks
running offstage blindly trying to bair you
charging random smashes hoping you go into them
random down b gimmicks
extending hitboxes on cp stages
landing w/ upB laglessly to random ****

ect

once you learn your dks bag of tricks, the ONLY dk ive played who doesnt just crumple is cable
I wish that Cable had more videos. I just don't understand how Donkey Kong can win against a competent Meta Knight who knows the match-up.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
idk man, he just ***** my **** legitimately like

i didnt even get hit by any gimmicks in GFs, 3-0ed me, maybe 3-1? it was getting closer as the set went on but

only dumb death i had was ONE dair that was completely my fault because i went really high at the ledge // greedy

he just plain outsmarted me, i cant even john

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
yeah use cstick for aerials. that way you can di and space better. Claw or no claw has no advantages besides preference. Default is good because you can upb oos easier but there is ways around that too. Dair camping is kinda overated imo. Its not useful in most matchups, or the ones that matter anyway.

day you should train with me sometime i can help your mk
Thanks for the nice response, guys.

DJ, if we can play for a day or so I would totally love that. Although I don't mind learning on my own, I feel like a teacher would be fantastic to get better faster.
If you are ever in Cincinnati send me a message or once I start driving maybe I can head up to Dayton.
Thanks again! ='D

milesg2g

Smash Champion
How do you guys play MK?

I think I'm doing fine w/ the MU I just wanna exactly how you guys do it. Because I might be able to perform better lol.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
y is the matchup thread name a lie? "It's kind of evenish" my ***. Stop misleading people and change it to "it's kinda all in our favor..."

k thnx

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Are you drunk?

Rofl quit trolling, there seriously are match ups that are even to very close to even
i dont drink but migrane meds can make me high

what are the even ones 55:45 falco, wario, snake, diddy, lol:**** everyone else? I'm not trolling but if im misinformed feel free to correct me.

edit: even so its all in mk's favor!

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
wow i thought marth was 40:60 in mks advantage what happened?

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth is 4:6 vs MK

4:6 vs MK qualifies as "do(ing) pretty good against MK"

DK gets ****ing wrecked by MK though idk where that came from, and olimar only "does well" because he's an alien character with a ton of gimmickry, no one knows him well except like, a few of the people that main him.

I don't see yoshi either...

NNID
Budget_Player
Yeah to me this is the easiest way of doing it.
And also are there any more tips on playing the DK MU i suck at it >.<
Tornado has worked very, very well for me. Just be careful if he has a fully charged punch; that'll armor through. Beyond that he can't do **** about tornado. I beat some dude who was like 1800 on the AiB ladder with very little lag-his DK could just not punish it and everything he did in the air got nado'd. You outprioritize him pretty hard in the air; just don't do stupid **** and you won't die. Also don't get grabbed.

This.

DK (yes DK)
LOL 65-35 or worse, easily.

LOL 60-40 easily or worse

LOL we're marth's worst matchup by about 10-15 points, remember?

Lucario, Pikachu, Fox
No objections here. **** fox.

and even Yoshi do pretty good against MK
Debunked a while back, IIRC.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
DK (yes DK), Olimar, Marth, Lucario, Pikachu, Fox, and even Yoshi do pretty good against MK
DK gets ***** LOOK AT YOUR ****ING TOOLS
everything else is around 6:4, although i feel like fox and marth do the best out of all of those, and

YOSHI IS 8:2

OH MY GOD all i did was play a yoshi for the last year in NJ, once you know what to do he has ZERO options, ZERO. ive also stayed at green aces house a bunch, and mmed pride (but i think i used another character vs him game 1, i dont remember)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
im in EU for school, will be here for 5 years

tl beats mk
no. not at all

i will not post a ratio though because, i kinda hate them anyway but, i personally suck at the mu so it would be very biased i think. either way, just looking at the tools, TL definitely looses.

by how much is where your opinion can vary, but when i see inui beat jash, someone MUCH MUCH better than him, yes jash ***** the **** out of me, i only beat him once out of like 5 times by timing him out twice in a row, i realize that knowing how to nado in this matchup is so stupid

you dont need to outskill toonlink

do gay **** and then gimp them lmao

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Jesus stop with the spam, I posted my personal thoughts, I didn't ask for anyone's opinion.

GW and ICs do good against MK too

Exdeath

Smash Master
Jesus stop with the spam, I posted my personal thoughts, I didn't ask for anyone's opinion.

Both of those are very stage dependent.

The more "neutral" the stage, the worse it is for G&W, the better it is for ICs, and vice-versa.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
How do you guys play MK?

I think I'm doing fine w/ the MU I just wanna exactly how you guys do it. Because I might be able to perform better lol.

Omai ****

I meant to say "How do you all play Wolves or Falcos?"

dammit plz answer this lol

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
MK's ratios are soooo overrated. He doesn't lose to anybody, admittedly.
Other than DK, I agree with P4.

Especially about it not being bad for GaW. And no, I'm not using the term "not doing bad" liberally.

Actually, I believe IC's beat MK, just not neccesarily yet. You all know what I mean by this.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

you posted your thoughts on a forum board, and your a mod. you expect people to NOT respond to what you think about this game? LMAO stfu thats some bull****

also gw is 65/35

and ics are like 6:4

MK's ratios are soooo overrated. He doesn't lose to anybody, admittedly.
Other than DK, I agree with P4.

Especially about it not being bad for GaW. And no, I'm not using the term "not doing bad" liberally.

Actually, I believe IC's beat MK, just not neccesarily yet. You all know what I mean by this.
even perfect ics will never grab perfect mk. the difference is, when mk gets hit, he takes some percent and dies to uair at like 104592-53 and when ics get hit, you gimp nana.

end story

ics will never win

i think diddy/falco do the best vs mk, and then marth then wario, but i may be baised from losing to mr.r recently so. i will revise this in a few weeks, but i used to think it was 65/35 and he did some options i would never think of that make me think marth has ""more" of a chance

also, marth doesnt get ***** as bad on mks cps, as falco and diddy do. the same for wario

Player-4

See you in 25 years
you posted your thoughts on a forum board, and your a mod. you expect people to NOT respond to what you think about this game? LMAO stfu thats some bull****
Don't make me infract you for flaming >_>

I was answering SNO's question, I actually didn't want to hear what other people think. It's my opinion so shove it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
flaming doesnt have a point, thats just called being bluntly honest LOL

then again, your the mod. do they have a infractions for people being *******s even if their right? :D

Player-4

See you in 25 years
flaming doesnt have a point, thats just called being bluntly honest LOL

then again, your the mod. do they have a infractions for people being *******s even if their right? :D
Lol yeah, it's called flaming :). You can make a point without being an ***hole you know.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i could, but considering how many things go across on the internet, if i make it sting a little so you know how stupid you looked, maybe you'll take a suggestion with a grain of salt so you dont get punished for the same mistake twice ;)

also, LOL what is the "mods"definition of flaming that they give you

or is SWF just like w/e we take people you give infractions now. because thats stupid as hell

etecoon

Smash Hero
THAT's flaming? lolol, that was like, mild criticism. and he's right, that's the whole point of a public forum, if you post something here you should expect that people WILL post their own opinion on it.

edit: flaming would be insulting you over it IMO. he was a little abrasive, but he never said "wow you're stupid P4" or anything like that, he just stated his opinion in a very straightforward manner

Player-4

See you in 25 years
LMAO stfu thats some bull****
That^ is flaming

This conversation is getting stupid and off point anyways. Idk why I got off into this with you guys anyways since you all don't understand.

So lets just drop the whole thing, or you guys can take it to PMs with me if you'd like

Top Bottom