• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Staco

Smash Champion
Bavaria = Bayern; it's a region in southern germany. With, I might add, the third-worst regional ruleset I have ever seen (3 starters, RC banned, CGs banned... only worse ones are the MXBBR and the Japanese ruleset, which remains the very worst competitive ruleset in the history of super smash bros).
CGs are not banned.
RC sure is banned, because in europe it´s standard to have such a ruleset.
(SV, FD, BF; then the normal counterpick stuff + Orpheon + Brinstar)

Better than actually putting Pirate Ship to the Counterpicks, as you request or using all Brawl Stages, even crap like Wario Ware for starterstage stage stricking (you also requested that one), lmao!

Space the fair deffensive against Jiggs, so that you catch her with the tip of it.
You can´t DI through the full length of Fair and then punish.

And btw, I have never seen anyone DIing MKs fair constantly, really hard to pull of, since it comes out to fast to DI on reaction. (at least the first hit of MKs FAir)

Odinyte

Smash Rookie
One thing with MK I can never figure out, is how to use his uair and dair attacks. For the life of me, their range feels like 0 reach. And they always appear to be outdone by almost anyone elses dair (if above me) or their uair if below me. I can't get practice with it lol. I pretty much just nair and fair everywhere I go. But I want to use them, I just never land a hit with them when I try.

Odinyte

Smash Rookie
Oh if it matters, my brother tends to play Olimar and Diddy. He hides behind bananas and crap... with Olimar, he tries to dodge and sweep, throw pikman, repeat, extremely defensive. For that I just Nado him, but in the air, I'm completely worthless and can only use fair and nair to defend myself.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Oh if it matters, my brother tends to play Olimar and Diddy. He hides behind bananas and crap... with Olimar, he tries to dodge and sweep, throw pikman, repeat, extremely defensive. For that I just Nado him, but in the air, I'm completely worthless and can only use fair and nair to defend myself.

Try to keep oli in the air that's where he sucks, but it does require some spacing so keep that in mind.

NNID
Budget_Player
CGs are not banned.
It is at Ravenlord's SF, IIRC. And get this, it's because the members voted for it that way.
RC sure is banned, because in europe it´s standard to have such a ruleset.
(SV, FD, BF; then the normal counterpick stuff + Orpheon + Brinstar)
You mean The normal starter stuff + Delfino + Brinstar? Also there is no valid reason to ban RC. Ever.

Better than actually putting Pirate Ship to the Counterpicks, as you request or using all Brawl Stages, even crap like Wario Ware for starterstage stage stricking (you also requested that one), lmao!
Lol, you nuts? First of all I don't advocate Pirate Ship (rudder camping makes the stage broken in too many matchups), second of all the "strike from the whole stagelist" thing is reasonable because, whoops, warioware will only happen if both players find the stage fair (although it is fairly reasonable to remove warioware and the circle camping stages, as they are broken in every matchup)...

And no, it's not better. Removing competitively legitimate stages from the game when there is no question of their competitivity is a ridiculously bad thing. Part of why I will be ignoring all ridiculous scrubby pleas to remove RC or PS2 from the stagelist should I host a smashfest. Gotta find a ****ing location...

Against Diddy, you're going to want to ensure that he doesn't keep banana control. If he does get in a position with two bananas in solid control, dair camp him until one of them vanishes, then approach. Other than that, try gaining control of bananas; glidetoss->dsmash/fsmash is incredible.

Against Olimar... eh, I'm stumped. If he's not dying every time he goes offstage, you're doing something wrong.

Odinyte

Smash Rookie
Olimar has amazing recovery, assuming he has all his piks. If I jump off and do fair, it usually knocks him up and left/right depending on side of stage. Better air attack than fair for when he comes back? I haven't mastered the shuttle loop. I find it hard to use against a pure defender like my brother. Though he will claim he uses every move lol.

Staco

Smash Champion
They maybe banned the DDD standing infinite, but not the other CGs. (that means they banned infinites and no CGs!)
And btw, you should start to accept that the people (at least the europeans) don´t want to play with your: GreenGreens etc. stagelist.

Dair camping against Diddy doesn´t work that well.
I prefer trying to catch the bananas while beeing in front of Diddy.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
They maybe banned the DDD standing infinite, but not the other CGs. (that means they banned infinites and no CGs!)
And btw, you should start to accept that the people (at least the europeans) don´t want to play with your: GreenGreens etc. stagelist.

Wait what?

D3's Standing still CG is banned?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm not sure but that's the only reason I go MK on D3 is because of his gay *** GR's on Ness. I have no problem dealing w/ D3 lol

NNID
Budget_Player
Olimar has amazing recovery, assuming he has all his piks. If I jump off and do fair, it usually knocks him up and left/right depending on side of stage. Better air attack than fair for when he comes back? I haven't mastered the shuttle loop. I find it hard to use against a pure defender like my brother. Though he will claim he uses every move lol.
He might get good range, but it's like with Ike or ivysaur-decent range, ridiculously easy to gimp. For details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_183330&v=QWjL4BQwLsI&feature=iv
National level olimar getting 3-stocked by M2k, showing us how to gimp olimar.
(warning: unless you are good like M2K, going full-out aggro may not work)

Yep, this is stupid.

I'm not forcing stages I'm not 100% sure about on people. There's a big-*** difference between PS2/RC and GG/PS/PTAD; that difference is that there are reasonable arguments on the latter ones that come down to "test this more", whereas on RC and PS2 you really can and have to say "learn the stage".

I prefer trying to catch the bananas while beeing in front of Diddy.
Well, run away in any case. If they have a good banana fort, running away is definitely the way to go. They have so many options...

at that one tourney it is (cadet said so, I didn´t read that anywhere)
normaly it isn´t banned in germany

isn´t it also banned at mlg?
Yeah, MLG are scrubs.

jpak

Smash Lord
if you know marth is going to fair you. whats the best option to counter that?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
RC is banned in Europe? The hell you guys doing? We here in Finland sure have it as legal as it can be...

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
idk when to pick ftilt or when to pick dtilt sometimes. i usually just go by feeling or if i think i need ftilt's bigger hitbox to prevent aerial bs but i guess that means i don't rly know when i want to dtilt. help?

Staco

Smash Champion
if you know marth is going to fair you. whats the best option to counter that?
Depens on how he is using the fair.

Well, run away in any case. If they have a good banana fort, running away is definitely the way to go. They have so many options...
If you run away you will take your own options.
It´s no problem for Diddy to get out a new banana, if you are allready running away, so you won´t get any possibilitys for an good opening.
And Diddy is able to punish Dair Camping, if you don´t space it really far away from him, so it´s not a really good way to deal with Diddy.
Even MK is in a bad situation, if he is directly over the enemy.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
*if you run away you will only take away your own options.

and you'll waste an opening to **** diddy as he pulls a banana and tries to catch it.

there. i win the game of english. ;O

Odinyte

Smash Rookie
Does M2K ever post here? I've watched a number of his videos, quite amazing. But one move that I use probably too much, that I never see him use is the Dsmash. I mean there must be a reason he doesn't spam it or something, I mean I don't spam it either, but it is just so lightning fast with decent knockback.

Odinyte

Smash Rookie
Also how bad manner is it to grab the ledge against chars with limited returns, cause I saw he did that a bit.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
*if you run away you will only take away your own options.

and you'll waste an opening to **** diddy as he pulls a banana and tries to catch it.

there. i win the game of english. ;O
oh

idk

unless its adhd just take their bananas and **** them is my general mindset XD

Kaffei

Smash Hero
He might get good range, but it's like with Ike or ivysaur-decent range, ridiculously easy to gimp. For details:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_183330&v=QWjL4BQwLsI&feature=iv
National level olimar getting 3-stocked by M2k, showing us how to gimp olimar.
(warning: unless you are good like M2K, going full-out aggro may not work)

Yep, this is stupid.

I'm not forcing stages I'm not 100% sure about on people. There's a big-*** difference between PS2/RC and GG/PS/PTAD; that difference is that there are reasonable arguments on the latter ones that come down to "test this more", whereas on RC and PS2 you really can and have to say "learn the stage".

Yeah, MLG are scrubs.
You think anything that you disagree with is stupid.

They aren't double posting, they just have the same avatar. Actually Kaffei's says K4L over it, but it's hard to notice. P-4 FAIL. :smash:
i put K4L so no one else can steal it

..then again they can just get it from staco <_>

NNID
Budget_Player
You think anything that you disagree with is stupid.
Wait hang on you're not staco

DAMMIT KAFFEI GET A DIFFERENT AVATAR

Also I think things that I disagree with that I have shown to be reasonably ridiculous to be stupid. Yep. Like banning RC. I've found very good reasons why not to ban RC as a stage. These reasons all seem to point to the fact that if you ban RC in your tournaments, you are stupid, the people who would otherwise not come of RC was legal are stupid, or both.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm not talking about banning RC

P.S. staco should change his avatar i had this first!!!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
why, as in, so-far-you-haven't-told-me-any-of-these-well-backed-up-reasons.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
But I wanna hear from you!

As for Snake thing, if I have the lead I just camp and avoid grenades. If I don't, I just try to bait ftilt/utilt and punish them

Top Bottom