• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Dojo

Smash Champion
So the name pretty much says it all. To make this short, I've noticed that alot of the threads in these boards consist of little simple questions that can be answered with a quick and simple answer.

Now to stop the flow of all that nonsense, if you have a quick question about the Knight feel free to ask here instead of posting a thread about it. I, along with a number of other people around here, can help you out. It helps clear the boards out for more advanced MK discussions to help all of us get better. :)

So if you have quick questions over
Moves
Finishers
Approaches
Follow ups
Defenses
Edgeguarding
Combos
Matchups
Or other random ****

Ask away... :)

Roager

Smash Ace
R1ngo's right, this is good. Every character should have a sticky like this in their forum.

Does anyone here know any good MK aerial combos? And how to set them up?
Best I've found so far is: F-tilt (3hits), d-air, n-air.

Dojo

Smash Champion
At low percentages a good quick setup is uair, uair, upb.
The upb comes out too fast for an airdodge so just chase the DI the right direction with it and its a sure hit.

Dojo

Smash Champion
I had an amazing one on cake's wolf the other day. Got it on video too ^.^

Uair, uair, dair, dair, upb, dsmash, nair, dair, dair.
0 to 81 for the kill. :D
Its on my combo video in the making.

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Not exactly a question, but does anyone else in here use wavegliding?

And yeah, the D-throw/Dash/N-air is always good, and it leaves options open after the dash; WoP or a D-air chain for example. Or, to really drive them nuts, end with a tornado; that can leave them with close to 40% if it all connects. ^_^

Quez256

Smash Journeyman
Lolz sorry. :p
What's wavegliding?
I made a post about it in the Boost Smashing thread, but a quick definition would be gaining a quick, lagless slide, similar to a DPC, that occurs after glide attacking close to the ground. The angle needed would be nearly parallel to the ground. More info would most likely be in the Pit thread, where I first heard about it. ^_^

When I originally noticed this with Pit, I immediately tried it with MK, since his DPC slide...well...sucks.

P.S.: DPC is Dash Pivot Cancelling btw.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Haha oh. I've actually experinced that before. Unintentionally of course but I've done it. I'll definitely check into that. Thanks. :)

Roager

Smash Ace
That waveglide is actually really useful. It can be used to move during the startup lag of the F-smash, charge a D-smash, or just be used to get some momentum going to jump and use a d-air or something like that. Pretty much anything, since it has no lag.

As for a new question, are there any good MK doubles character suggestions?

*yes, this is also a bump to keep this thread going. I think the thread is good.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
As for a new question, are there any good MK doubles character suggestions?

*yes, this is also a bump to keep this thread going. I think the thread is good.
Snake. For Sure.

MK's the character that will mostly rack up damage, while Snake's the character that will mostly kill.

Also, the Team Omnigay strategy actually works! ( http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176751 ). The Snake in my crew and I can pull it off pretty consistently; you just have to get the timing right (Wait until snake says "Now!", THEN U-throw).

However, knowing from experience, it's only worth doing once you've eliminated one of your opponents. Against two opponents its too much trouble.

Hope this helps :)

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
It's not exactly a combo video - as it was made from a few replays we saved forever ago. However, my SNAKE (and SNAKE is best for MK in doubles) team mate put together a little movie of a few cool moments we had.

I don't like the term 'omnigay' - thats so dumb. We've been using c4 for insta-kills for a long time - way before that dumb thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ISuuR2Gr6Ow

note: watch after creds

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I don't like the term 'omnigay' - thats so dumb. We've been using c4 for insta-kills for a long time - way before that dumb thread.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ISuuR2Gr6Ow

note: watch after creds
An actual Omnigay isn't the C4 instant kill. Its when you grab Snake and do an U-throw while he's holding it; which was discovered by InfernoOmni. Most people know this is near impossible against a good Snake.

metahunter just noticed how the two were somewhat similar and put the word "Team" in front of it. That's all.

Also, the fact that your video was posted 2 days ago makes it hard to give you credit for discovering it.

-Affinity

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I don't care about credits. I didn't say I was going for that. It's just an obvious tactic we even saw others using in the first week of Brawl US release.

The video was indeed posted two days ago by my team mate but that is irrelevant to anything. I wouldn't care if I discovered how to make fsmash have no start-up lag and you took credit for it - it's a game and I'm not that egotistical. Do as you will.

The video just has some clips of the c4 kill for those interested in seeing it - and to backup to statement that was made: Snake is best for MK.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I don't care about credits. I didn't say I was going for that. It's just an obvious tactic we even saw others using in the first week of Brawl US release.

The video was indeed posted two days ago by my team mate but that is irrelevant to anything. I wouldn't care if I discovered how to make fsmash have no start-up lag and you took credit for it - it's a game and I'm not that egotistical. Do as you will.

The video just has some clips of the c4 kill for those interested in seeing it - and to backup to statement that was made: Snake is best for MK.
That's fine. I personally don't care who takes credit for it.

And yes, Snake is easily the best teammate for Meta Knight.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
I personally think it falls under common sense and nobody needs credit for it. But as you can see, ppl are getting their 'credz' for posting how to pick their noses - I personally could care less.

I think a lot of Meta mains like ourselves will agree Snake is the best team mate.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Snake is easily the best. More than agreed upon. :)
And let them take credit for it if they must. It's not that big a deal.

Soo new questions.

How do you guys feel about the Game & Watch matchup?
I played hylians this weekend.
Its so amazing.
2-0'd me in the 3rd round of the winners bracket.
I made it back to the finals and managed to beat him the first set of 3 outta 5 on a big comeback. I had been losing 2-0.
He got me the 2nd set on the 4th match though. I have alot of trouble just approaching him. Any advice?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
How do you guys feel about the Game & Watch matchup?
I played hylians this weekend.
Its so amazing.
2-0'd me in the 3rd round of the winners bracket.
I made it back to the finals and managed to beat him the first set of 3 outta 5 on a big comeback. I had been losing 2-0.
He got me the 2nd set on the 4th match though. I have alot of trouble just approaching him. Any advice?
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about this match-up from hell. Hope it helps:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=171507

Dojo

Smash Champion
Thanks man. It is a really tough matchup for some reason. I cant figure it out.
He's got great priority. Great kills moves. Hard to gimp. Hard to approach.
It's a tough match....
I did better as the matches went on but it was just too good.
I'll keep some of that stuff in mind.

Roager

Smash Ace
Approaching Mr. GW is tough. Most GW's that I've seen like to defend against approaches with a short hopped F-air or an up-B to D-air, letting him avoid the attack and toss one in of his own. MK's fast, so most of the strategies can be avoided. Problem is, GW is good at avoiding being attacked. A decent approach for most opponents is a shorthopped d-air. Quick coming out, and most people don't expect it. If he goes for the up-B, use yours, and you might hit him on the way up. It's pretty demoralizing, even when it doesn't do a whole lot of actual damage. Stay unpredictable, keep him on his toes about everything you do. Not a whole lot else I know to say.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Well he didn't ask who was the best mk main. Just the best mk in general. I'm not saying his is the best. But I dont doubt he would completely destroy 90% of the mks around.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i have trouble vs rob. some easy its easy because im faster but the stupid lazer and gyro do so much. his downsmash is was quick and nair kills at 80 if im at the edge. im leanring to play smart tho and dont get outprioritized by his huge and werid hitboxes.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Ive been on gamebattles and realized how cheap people play. I hate spamming arrows and its less effective to chars like wolf and g&w. So after losing to spammers and cheap players i figured 2 can play that game and i tryed out mk. Move pattern is similar to pit so learning curve wasnt so bad but i just need solid info on how to control his mach tornado, like i press up and he stays ground level but sometimes he goes up, or i press down and he rises than stays or he just shoots up

Roager

Smash Ace
Mach Tornado is fairly straightforward, except the B button. Keep tapping it while in tornado to make it last longer and rise into the air. This makes it a good recovery, especially against edgeguards. Only issue with that is that there is no sweetspotting the edge. But yeah, push left or right to go that way, and keep hitting B to move up and keep the move going. Practice with it and it gets to be a pretty useful move. Just remember that pressing up and down are useless.

Bnana

Smash Rookie
I started with MK when the game first game out then switched to jiggz, but i am going back, any advice?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
i just need solid info on how to control his mach tornado, like i press up and he stays ground level but sometimes he goes up, or i press down and he rises than stays or he just shoots up
Repeatedly press B quickly to make it rise.

Repeatedly press B slower to make it lower.
****, I just rhymed

Top Bottom