• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I can answer the latter one: They're actual TOs lol

I'm really curious to see Europe's results at Apex now. I think all 3 parties involved (USA, Europe, Japan) are in for a surprise.

MK is banned after Apex. It would not make any sense to ban him at Apex with Japanese players and such who play MK

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Right decision made for mostly incorrect reasons and announced at a poor time by an extremely biased committee.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
lol@this community
if this backfires is there going to be an unban?

lol even more at this community if it backfires.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah, see, this is why. Germany gets, at the moment, all its information from the USA because nobody knows what the **** Japan is doing. This has to change. Pronto.
They have a website
smashbros.org i think, though it's in Japanese and I don't know how it works

FoxFireMage

Smash Apprentice
Thank you URC!!! Until after Apex its STILL optional, just glad that soon I don't have to deal with it

:phone:

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Questions to the URC: Is anyone from the URC going to give some reasoning as to this decision (did you deem he was broken? purely to make some players happy?)? What gives the URC the power to ban a character?
As far as I understand, the URC is comprised mainly (if not totally) of national-scale and well-respected tournament hosts. They have as much right to say MK is banned at their tournaments as any host has to make any rule change. What gave them the power to make a stagelist the way they did? Same question essentially.

Answer: They are hosting the tournaments.

:248:

Doc King

Smash Lord
Most users ever online was 4,206, 03-10-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Can we break this?

-Ran

Smash Master
What works in one metagame, won't always be the answer in another. We strongly encourage others to apply as much effort and diligence that we applied during our decision. We aren't asking other nations to emulate us; this is what we have determined will be the best course for the US/Canada metagame.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Just out of curiosity, who were the 15 people that voted ?

Chuee

Smash Hero
Brawl is a game. The character is the problem. Not the players.
That means it doesn't matter when you play he still is bannable. You just have to do it later then I guess.
inb4mkdoesn'twinApex

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
As far as I understand, the URC is comprised mainly (if not totally) of national-scale and well-respected tournament hosts. They have as much right to say MK is banned at their tournaments as any host has to make any rule change. What gave them the power to make a stagelist the way they did? Same question essentially.

Answer: They are hosting the tournaments.

:248:

As far as national-scale and well-respected I'd have to pull the mulligan there.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Just out of curiosity, who were the 15 people that voted ?
Also, post data, charts, etc, if not also complete (If name-removed) logs of any debates you may have had.

I doubt there was actually much discussion.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
never ending scroll down mode activated

tekkie

Smash Master
Different high tiers will lead to different mid tier counters will lead to pickles and cream cheese on your sandwiches.

Get ready guys.
this.

more peach/ROB/lucario/whatever means i can use my main more because even if it theoretically means more D3 no one plays D3 so no prob :3

I PROPOSE EVERYONE WHO NEVER BOTHERED PICKING UP A POCKET MK ALL HAVE A CELEBRATORY TOAST

CHEERS

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
This will certainly be interesting.

To kinda honest wish DDD was banned instead. And he's likely to show up more often at this rate :(

suinoko/Jade Stern

Smash Cadet
NO NO WAY

Why dont americans restrict ****ing stages?
before banning Character which restricts the players' action , you should ban stages whitch are TOO GOOD for MK
Current rulesets have advantages for Mk players too much, so you should change rulesets.

I talk about this at twitter, MANY Japanese players agreed my opinion.

no way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom