• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
ITT: people agreeing but still writing huge walls of text

:phone:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I agree. I dont think MK needs to be proven unbeatable/broken in tournament to be bannable. I guess someone intent on maintaining the games integrity over the community might do so, but I think drawing the line on bannability in terms of how it will affect the community is fine (at least in this specific case).

I think what bothers anti-ban more at this point is many people seem unwilling to acknowledge that this was a decision reached based on community opinion. Theyre so averse to the idea, that they start inventing BS reasons for why MK needed to be banned to make the decision seem objective when at most there exists only one under specific parameters and in theory.

Can't really quantify how many there are, but its not hard to tell who they are.
What evidence do you have that the reasons why the community wanted him bad weren't the good reasons people like DMG have brought up?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
~sighs~ Reading that meta knight is finally getting banned makes me kinda sad....

It makes me sad because I remember how much I absolutely loved this game and how much that would mean to me back then but now... It means very little to me.

I hate getting older.

Jeremyt_01

Smash Rookie
That's very interesting! Although I've never been to a tournament, I would say that will change the game drastically. I'm kinda glad he's banned, and then I'm not. Now I will never get the chance to mentally defeat my Meta Knight opponent!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
11%
so overcentralized~

URC: Can you hurry up and ban Brinstar and RC now that you've banned MK? I'm sick of having to play on those bull**** stages even after their purpose has been served.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
They're being smart and waiting for the bad players to realize Brinstar and RC are legit stages, so they can finally add in the rest of the legit stages that whiny regions b'aaaaaaaw about.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I want to see Pika vs Falco on Japes just so average Falco players can continue to get exposed even when they think they're broken on the stage.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
They're being smart and waiting for the bad players to realize Brinstar and RC are legit stages, so they can finally add in the rest of the legit stages that whiny regions b'aaaaaaaw about.
who the **** are you

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Somebody who is calling it like it is. Been doing it for quite a long time now actually. Don't know where you've been since Brawl's release: I spend a lot of time in the tactical boards. Not as much as I used to, but I'm still around.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Oh, Niddo, you troll. In all seriousness, though, I doubt the URC is going to add in legit stages like Japes or Norfair; they, by their own admission, operate on a policy of pandering (whether for good or ill), so if players don't say they want those stages, they won't get in. The stage list, I predict, will only get more restrictive as time goes on.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Honestly, yeah. Probably not to that facetious extent, but I'm guessing American Brawl will one day reach the point where its stage list is "FD, BF, SV" and everything else is just "too gay", "interferes with PvP too much", or whatever other BS reasons people invent to keep stages like Japes out of the legal list. Ok, so maybe they'll keep in a PS or possibly Delfino, but just to keep a 5 stage starter list and to keep the number odd, as if the number of legal stages == 5 is somehow the most important part of the stage list.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Honestly, yeah. Probably not to that facetious extent, but I'm guessing American Brawl will one day reach the point where its stage list is "FD, BF, SV" and everything else is just "too gay", "interferes with PvP too much", or whatever other BS reasons people invent to keep stages like Japes out of the legal list. Ok, so maybe they'll keep in a PS or possibly Delfino, but just to keep a 5 stage starter list and to keep the number odd, as if the number of legal stages == 5 is somehow the most important part of the stage list.
Yeah, I was over-exaggerating.

Life

Smash Hero
No items Diddy only FD? It's more likely than you think.

I'm not as pessimistic as Kieser though. As long as there's one TO who's not an idiot, we'll continue to see at least Unity-level stage diversity somewhere (maybe not a full-out 20+ list, but better than nothing).

Being a part of Stage Rage feels like being an Ayn Rand protagonist, LOL

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Honestly, yeah. Probably not to that facetious extent, but I'm guessing American Brawl will one day reach the point where its stage list is "FD, BF, SV" and everything else is just "too gay", "interferes with PvP too much"
But BF and SV's platforms get in the way.
Obvious ban.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Why don't we...now don't kill me before you actually consider this idea.

Why don't we...as a community....create balanced but differentiated stages in stage builder to be set as standard for tournaments? Some that are relatively simple and easy to recreate.

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
M2K and Kismet played on Distant Planet and Spear Pillar for Winners Finals. Granted, both play MK but still.

Seems Legit.

C.J.

Smash Master
Why don't we...now don't kill me before you actually consider this idea.

Why don't we...as a community....create balanced but differentiated stages in stage builder to be set as standard for tournaments? Some that are relatively simple and easy to recreate.
It's been discussed and Overswarm headed a BBR project to try to start doing just that. It fell out of favor, AFAIK, as it would be somewhat difficult to standardize it all. Players would have to be members on SWF in order to know about them which isn't that good for getting new players to join the scene. Additionally, I think some of the pieces are glitchy.
Again, all AFAIK so don't quote me.

M2K and Kismet played on Distant Planet and Spear Pillar for Winners Finals. Granted, both play MK but still.

Seems Legit.

There's nothing wrong with DP, imo. Spear Pillar on the other hand... yeah no.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Espy, I don't have a problem with it. I know if you clash with it's hitbox you stop it. I was just throwing out the argument first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom