• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Officially Banned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And everyone on the anti ban side makes worthless posts like yours too.

Do you even still play this game? For someone who dislikes the community/doesn't want to be a part of it, you sure feel like voicing your opinion all the time.

Blah blah some retort that furthers my point blah blah

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
I dislike what this community is becoming, but I still enjoy the game.

I've tried basing my information on statistical information and viable assumptions, but all I get from pro-ban people is "NO, NO, NO, you're dumb," so why bother?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And who gets to decide what's a viable assumption or that the statistical analysis showing x data means he's broken or not?

link2702

Smash Champion
i lol'd at tommy saying he's basing his posts on statistical data...

total BS bc if he did he'd realize everything pro ban has been saying about the bat was true in the first place.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Secretly, Diddy Kong is the "next" best character on the game.

As soon as this ban takes place, Diddy Kong will explode just like MK did.

10trolls w/a hint of truth

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Secretly, Diddy Kong is the "next" best character on the game.

As soon as this ban takes place, Diddy Kong will explode just like MK did.

10trolls w/a hint of truth
I almost feel sorry for you. You're about to be splattered with a flaming **** storm.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tommy, you are the most biased, ignorant sounding (I say sounding because i know youre not actually this pig headed and stupid) person to have posted in this thread. And thats saying a lot.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
tommy, you are the most biased, ignorant sounding (I say sounding because i know youre not actually this pig headed and stupid) person to have posted in this thread. And thats saying a lot.
Meh, I wouldn't take post in this thread to seriously.

Causes ulcers

My Diddy post is simply speculation.

I have no proof besides that AWESOME Gnes vid to back that up.

I Keep double posting....:dwam:

Masky

Smash Master
Just for the record, the Pause option, saying "Disallow pausing(for tournies)" thing is very likely referenced to Tournament Mode, because during all Tournament Mode matches, the ability to quit out of the game via LRA+Start during pause is disabled.

Which means Pausing during Tournament Mode is completely meaningless, outside of actually pausing gameplay.

Just a theory.
Sorry but that's bull****

C.J.

Smash Master
Why does this sound familiar.....
Because that's what half the community said at the time?
Do you know what the other half of the community said 3 years ago?
Ban MK.

Cherry pick more.

Sorry but that's bull****
Sorry, but the statement that what John#s said is BS, is BS.

I can say words too! It's fun!
Say more words to back it up now.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Because that's what half the community said at the time?
Do you know what the other half of the community said 3 years ago?
Ban MK.

Cherry pick more.
If only there were constant polls and votes on whether MK should be banned back that long ago to prove either one of our points. At least that way we could gauge how the community felt at each of the times.

IF ONLY....

oh wait....

There's no point in arguing about MK in this thread even if I ended up being right. It's like going on Fox News and trying to prove Obama has been doing something with his Presidency.

and Grim, Yes I did, but the same logic still applies.

And Nick Riddle. dkgslhgdfjgklhja Xin Shhhhh.

NNID
Budget_Player
He is technically banned in SA :p

Nova (our TO) raged after losing to Ghost's MH and banned him haha
MH?

Also, seriously... That's pretty bad. I mean, I hate, hate Quiksilver's ZSS with a passion that goes beyond the pale, but I would never ban the character at my tournaments. If MK isn't a problem in your region, then banning him there is very, very stupid. I'll add SA to the list of regions that are scrubtasticular (alongside NS and Finland). ^_^

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I mean there were, and more than 50% said yes

but then there were a lot of people not even close to qualified casting a vote. There were people that basically only played Melee that cast votes on both sides. People making alt accounts on both sides to cast more votes.

Then you had debate over what % majority should be used to determine what to do. Some people thought 75%, some thought 60%, some thought anything above 50-55 would be enough.

All of this was before stats of tournament data, before a long period of time for the metagame to develop, etc

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If only there were constant polls and votes on whether MK should be banned back that long ago to prove either one of our points. At least that way we could gauge how the community felt at each of the times.

IF ONLY....

oh wait....
They were like 53-47 in favor of the ban, each time.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Not qualified enough to vote.....

Looks at group deciding the current MK ban.

None have placed top 5 in a national.

Would you look at that ****. Who says someone is qualified or not.

There have been 5 votes(maybe 4) that have all said to not ban MK. 1 vote bans him and **** hits the fan. If this was a PR, the anti-bans would still have a winning record.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Master Hand.

Also, seriously... That's pretty bad. I mean, I hate, hate Quiksilver's ZSS with a passion that goes beyond the pale, but I would never ban the character at my tournaments. If MK isn't a problem in your region, then banning him there is very, very stupid. I'll add SA to the list of regions that are scrubtasticular (alongside NS and Finland). ^_^
MASTER
HAND
YOU ******

Judo777

Smash Master
Not qualified enough to vote.....

Looks at group deciding the current MK ban.

None have placed top 5 in a national.

Would you look at that ****. Who says someone is qualified or not.

There have been 5 votes(maybe 4) that have all said to not ban MK. 1 vote bans him and **** hits the fan. If this was a PR, the anti-bans would still have a winning record.
Each vote got their way each time. Sound's fair to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom