• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played Melee for the first time in 3 years the other day and even the level 9 computer has gotten better. I couldn't beat it once. :c

I still remember the look of terror on Jeff's face when I asked him where the vegetarian food was at the first FC.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I still remember the look of terror on Jeff's face when I asked him where the vegetarian food was at the first FC.
Pretty sure I didn't even know vegetarians existed back in 2004. Also pretty sure you guys got sick of veggie burgers and salads by the end of FC :(

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh this side of the weekend is cheaper?

well i guess it's too late to switch it now...guess the south is just gonna have to miss the first few days of class...

hope dr peepee doesn't mind missing his first few days at a new school...

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I missed the first couple days of classes for APEX this semester. No problem.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I just realized that I baited BOTH of my infractions out of moderators. In one case it took a supermod because I was already a mod and mods can't warn mods.

Protip: Asking for infractions usually works.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We have to get the old Midwest power five back together at this.

MI will take responsibility for getting Dope to go. Tink will be easy, this is basically in his backyard. Drephen posted here recently, so he's probably attending. I saw Darkrain lurking this thread the day it was posted, pretty sure he'll find a way to attend. All that's left is Vidjo... where has he been? I don't think he's been to a tourney since Pound 4.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Really? Coulda sworn I looked at the uncg calendar and saw we start on the 13th...

Edit: nvm, semester starts the 13th but I guess that's for students and administrators and ****. That's all I looked at the first time lol. Carry on, my fears no longer exist.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
KishPrime said:
As always, we will be utilizing the MELEE-FC Pools Elimination system for Melee singles to ensure that every participant gets a good number of tournament matches in for their entry. There are no two-and-outs at FC!
How does your pool elimination system work if it isn't the standard pools rules?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I just assumed that his pool ruleset was different than the standard everyone uses now because of the "here are no two-and-outs at FC!" which I'm assuming is referring to pools and not singles?

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I just assumed that his pool ruleset was different than the standard everyone uses now because of the "here are no two-and-outs at FC!" which I'm assuming is referring to pools and not singles?
Well, he's right isn't he? There are no pools where if you lose two games you automatically are out of the tournament, unable to play anymore...

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
I don't think it has been mentioned but the multiple amateur brackets for each round of pools would be awesome to see at a national.

KishSquared

Smash Master
FC-style pools are multiple rounds of pools, each with a line of elimination. So R1 of pools might have 12 people, and the top 6 move on, etc... until we have our 16 or 32 that we want for the final round.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
FC-style pools are multiple rounds of pools, each with a line of elimination. So R1 of pools might have 12 people, and the top 6 move on, etc... until we have our 16 or 32 that we want for the final round.
Jeeeessssussssss 12 man pools? 0_0 thats...alot of games.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Well, he's right isn't he? There are no pools where if you lose two games you automatically are out of the tournament, unable to play anymore...

Tell that to EVO

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Hate to say it but dudes that have been out of the game for a few years are going to have a rude awakening. When I played the Memphis/Huntsville crew after a couple of years of not playing competitively I discovered that the gap had gotten quite large.
flip side of that coin, some of these new kids are gonna be like WTF when some of the old skoo midwest is smackin dat asss

KishSquared

Smash Master
These whippersnappers need to learn some respect. Back in the day, Jigglypuff was midtier, Falco sucked, and there was an entire metagame surrounding item use. We played on Big Blue, drew brackets by hand, and walked to tournaments 500 miles away.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
These whippersnappers need to learn some respect. Back in the day, Jigglypuff was midtier, Falco sucked, and there was an entire metagame surrounding item use. We played on Big Blue, drew brackets by hand, and walked to tournaments 500 miles away.
Wait, people don't walk to tournaments anymore? Damn. I just picked up a new pair of boots for the trip. Them younguns just don't get the spirit of tourney travel anymore.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
This post is the most beautiful thing in this thread cause its so true

kids today have no sense of smash history

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Do the forest green names mean you old folks have been overgrown by the wilderness or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom