• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Believe it or not, at the moment the new owner told us he has no video equipment for the ballroom, though he is thinking about remedying that problem with some of our recommendations...so we may have some direct input into the types of projectors we'll have available.

We also may not, in which case we'd either have to go the rental route, or take advantage of the generosity of MonkUnit and others who may be so fortunate. We will have some kind of large-screen display there, and I'm gathering some ideas on what to recommend to the owner of the hotel. If anyone has professional experience with these types of recommendations, feel free to PM me.

N64

Smash Champion
Immediate reaction: IT'S NOT THE OLD VENUE?! /UNSUBSCRIBE
Soon-after reaction: ok this place looks really solid. Good **** Kishes! This is gonna be awesomeeeee.

Drephen

Smash Master
Whether you’re planning a wedding reception, hosting a business retreat or luncheon, planning a family reunion, or simply throwing a party for 500 of your closest friends, you’ll find the Waterford to be South Bend’s finest hospitality destination.

Our elegant 9,000 sq. ft. Grand Ballroom can accommodate up to 560 people (500 for dinner), and our flexible space lets you accommodate both large and small gatherings in several different settings.
not gonna be enough room.....

also get hyped everyone

JOE BUSHMAN

that is all

KishPrime

BRoomer
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
For real lol. Sooo many old school players I've never had a chance to meet that I wanna play at this. Hype.

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
is there going to be any consideration of the vegans, vegetarians, muslims, jains, etc. who might be attending this event and still want to have their venue fee paying for food that is accessible?
surely I'm not the only vegan going...the restaurant at the venue even puts meat in their salads.
I haven't checked restaurants in the nearby area but hopefully there is an asian or hispanic place.

I mean, something as easy as purchasing some organic greens, fresh fruit, etc. would satisfy me and provide the smashers with tasty, healthier food

KishPrime

BRoomer
is there going to be any consideration of the vegans, vegetarians, muslims, jains, etc. who might be attending this event and still want to have their venue fee paying for food that is accessible?
surely I'm not the only vegan going...the restaurant at the venue even puts meat in their salads.
I haven't checked restaurants in the nearby area but hopefully there is an asian or hispanic place.

I mean, something as easy as purchasing some organic greens, fresh fruit, etc. would satisfy me and provide the smashers with tasty, healthier food
I actually do a ton of catering in my job so I'm used to stuff like this. We'll work with the caterers to try to provide as large of an option base as we can. I haven't gotten into the details yet.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Luke, I did a quick google search and there is plenty of restaurants and stuff in the area. Idk which serve vegan food, but there is at least a subway within walking distance and sit down restaurants too

MeatIsMURDER

Smash Ace
I actually do a ton of catering in my job so I'm used to stuff like this. We'll work with the caterers to try to provide as large of an option base as we can. I haven't gotten into the details yet.
awesome. sounds great. Thanks for taking my request seriously, I think it's a very reasonable thing to ask for and shame on dale gribble for laughing at my lifestyle
I am intolerant of your intolerance
joe, I figure there has got to be at worst one asian place nearby, like I said I haven't looked. I won't look until I can confirm myself for the tourny

KishSquared

Smash Master
Getting flashbacks to the first FC where it never even occurred to us that a vegetarian might show up. I recall sending someone (my wife?) racing out to BK to grab some veggie burgers, haha. We've learned a lot with each iteration, for sure.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm definitely not one of those douchebags. I even let a captain falcon player beat me recently.

I wonder what the actual room capacity is according to the fire marshal.

Rusty Shacklefurd

Smash Lord
South-east of New Zealand, and no, you'll never fi
awesome. sounds great. Thanks for taking my request seriously, I think it's a very reasonable thing to ask for and shame on dale gribble for laughing at my lifestyle
I am intolerant of your intolerance
joe, I figure there has got to be at worst one asian place nearby, like I said I haven't looked. I won't look until I can confirm myself for the tourny
I said no offence. I laugh at everything.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Eddie + Joe Bushman now.. I want a Ganon gauntlet NOW!!!
my thoughts exactly. urrgrggggggg.

i'm a vegan. if anything, we can go out to a whole foods and make something from scratch. :bee:

jeffgordon24

Smash Rookie
There's a Subway right across the street that I've worked at several times that could potentially be good for catering and vegetarian concerns.

KishPrime

BRoomer
Can't cater in external food to the building, but people are free to make the walk across the street!

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Ooo the Waterford Estates. I've been in there for an awards ceremony before. Nice place there. There is quite the number of eateries around, from cheap to decently priced. There's a really good place within about a 5-10 minute walk called Mikado's, make really good bento boxes.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
not gonna be enough room.....

also get hyped everyone

JOE BUSHMAN

that is all
Gamefaqs team need to happen. I tried to organize it at FC:D but it never went down.

I.B

Smash Lord
Never thought I'd see the letters FC again. Enough to make a grown man cry :(

And all the old names I'm seeing in this thread... FUUUUU- Nostalgia for days!!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Why on earth is this sunday through tuesday? Seems really inconvenient for work/school.

Sorry I'm sure this has been answered already but I'm not gonna go through 61 pages.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Why on earth is this sunday through tuesday? Seems really inconvenient for work/school.

Sorry I'm sure this has been answered already but I'm not gonna go through 61 pages.
It includes the same number of weekdays at Thursday through Saturday, except that by being on the other side of the weekend it makes everything significantly cheaper.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Tournament full of rusty *** Melee players......sounds hilariously fun.
Hate to say it but dudes that have been out of the game for a few years are going to have a rude awakening. When I played the Memphis/Huntsville crew after a couple of years of not playing competitively I discovered that the gap had gotten quite large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom