• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC10R Legacy...is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Whoa, I 2-0'd Tink at FC3, I didn't think I had ever beaten Tink before. Get Rocked.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
I remember back in the day when Tink thought his jiggs was good. LOL! We put an end to that real quick didn't we tinky? :p

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tink played Puff back in the day?!

That was like... the one character I couldn't have imagined Tink using.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
i consider someone being old school Midwest when they were active during the time Midwest 5 (dope,vidjo,drephen,tink, and darkrain) were all active in the Mw still

now there's that OLD old Midwest that was even before that

:phone:
OLD old being Eddie, Eduardo, Edgar, V, Vocal, Smog, Fusegen and a small handful of others? Yeah I remember those guys :)

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
V's tag is actually SuperPichu, but everybody knew him as V. He was already well-known by the time I joined up, so it doesn't get much more OG than that.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I'm trying to hunt down the bracket to make sure, but yeah I'm pretty sure you weren't there Drephen.

Ambix

Smash Ace
I remember watching Moogle play Tink at Inn5. Fox vs. Jiggs. Yuck
I remember afterwards we stacked 100 pizza boxes and tink Nair'd them.

Midsouth represent.

EDIT:

it wasn't tink. it was forward.

I should be able to accurately remember things that happened half a decade ago god damnit.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Did he get the nickname from his camping skills then?
Apparently so. He tried to camp Viperboy on Corneria, and Viperboy set the record for most lasers shot in a single game; he played Camperbob's game and won.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
That's right Iggy, I remember there was some reason you guys couldn't make it out to it. I remember that was the first time I met you guys, and Joshu ended up winning it.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Pretty sure everyone in the Ship ended up with a semi-major tournament win. Joshu had TNOT, Tim had FRI, Daniel had FoB3, I had SMYM2, and Iggy... I can't remember. Didn't you win a Michigan tournament?

Drephen, are you reading this thread? Has Mathos seen this thread yet? He must come.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I thought mathos has the record for most lasers in a match

Also that bracket that was posted is weird as hell, pre tio era?

:phone:

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Iggy won SSA2 with a bunch of the Michigan and Ohio people there.

I didn't even know there was a TNOT2?!?!?!? Do you have the tio file so I don't have to totally recreate it for this?

http://www.ssbpd.com/tournament

Also, wow Omni beasting the bracket there.

Camper Bob's nickname came from the fact that he camped people even while losing. He'd run away on Corneria and just pull turnips until he got one that he was happy with, and then STILL would usually just wait until the other person got impatient. Unfortunately for him, he played in the Midwest were most of us would just wait him out, but he did very well at FCs.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I also recall the crowd gathering around the TV at one of the FCs when he showed off the YLink camping under Corneria trick. There were a lot of reasons he became known as Camper Bob. And the famous Ken quote, "You're losing, why are you still camping?"

I have the file Tim, but it's really old. I don't know if it's still compatible with current TIO versions. I'll upload it anyway. Opens in TIO 1.1 fine. Unfortunately the actual win-loss record for each match was not recorded either; my suspicion is that I recreated this bracket to test out TIO later on, and it wasn't available when the tournament actually occurred.

That was maybe the only tournament that I performed decently well. That was post-Kirby switch too, so it makes it that much sweeter :)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Omnigamer, are you the same Omnigamer that had a lot of really crazy Touhou replays mostly back from the Imperishable Night days?

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Yes, that was me. A lot of the runs should still be up on YouTube. That was almost 8 years ago or something.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Wow. This game is amazing. 10 long years, and people who were playing back then STILL want to come back and play now. Goodness.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Yes, that was me. A lot of the runs should still be up on YouTube. That was almost 8 years ago or something.
Yeah lol. I doubt you remember me but I used to see you in #shrinemaiden.

Just kinda reminded me of it, because I ran into Kefit (SSB64/Touhou player) this weekend at Sakuracon and we were talking about the good old days.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Yeah lol. I doubt you remember me but I used to see you in #shrinemaiden.

Just kinda reminded me of it, because I ran into Kefit (SSB64/Touhou player) this weekend at Sakuracon and we were talking about the good old days.
I knew your username sounded familiar, but I couldn't place it between that, swf, or sda. In any case, it's a small world I guess ;)

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Melee has always been the one time in my life where I haven't minded hanging out with douchebags.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
This thread is like 56 pages too long to check, so forgive me for asking.... is it likely that there will be housing at the venue? FCs in the past have done this, and one of the few majors to do so.

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Only in that the venue is part of a hotel.

This stuff should be final and up literally any day now. <_< Sorry for the delay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom