• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC: Your Pool Predictions Were Wrong. See first post for R2 Pools!

Bones0

Smash Legend
Yo, can SOMEONE get the ****ing stream fixed? Loads of people are experiencing lag issues. Peef has explained multiple times that they just need to lower the bitrate and that it won't affect quality, but no one currently running the stream setup seems to care that 15% of the community is incapable of watching the tournament.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
is there a Pools sheet for Project as well?

i'd like to see that

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey Bones,

KishPrime here. We'll look into it tomorrow and see if we can make some adjustments. We had an issue today with some of the internet setup that I think got resolved by around 3 PM, but not sure if that's the case or not. I'll run it by them.

In any case:
http://www.zettagaming.com/meleefc/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Melee-Singles-R22.xls
It isn't really internet related more than it is related to the settings being used on the stream itself. I would just talk to Peef directly via PM or w/e and I'm sure he can help you real quick.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I hope Cosmo does really well.
This, I honestly think he could be the highest playing midwest player at this. I didn't know until today that he was going to this, so I'm excited about the tourney all of a sudden(still sucks Dart didn't attend though).

Is it 4 that makes it out of each round pool is so then I'll list predictions.

Pool1
1 Hungrbox
2 Kage
3 Duck
4 Nite

pool2(weak pool except for top2)
1 Mango(duh)
2 Darkrain
3 Littleengland
4 Irishmafia

pool3
1 Shroomed
2 Chillindude
3 Jake13
4 Ambix

pool4
1 Kels
2 Doh
3 Vudujin
4 Thegooddoctor

pool5(I really want Ripple to make it out of this, but I just don't believe it)
1 Wobbles
2 Hax
3 Trail
4 MattdotZeb

pool6
1 Axe
2 Abu
3 Chad
4 Drephen

pool7(a cruel pool)
1 Sfat
2 Cosmo
3 Swift
4 BigD

pool8
1 Vanz
2 G$
3 Tink
4 4%

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
My last ones were decently close. Seeds were a little off but almost everyone I predicted would get out, got out.

Now round 2 (seed listed from 1 to 4)

Pool 1
Hbox
Kage
Duck
Nite

Pool 2
Mango
Little England (you 100% got this Jason LOL)
Dark rain
Yakal

Pool 3
shroomed
Chillin
Baka
Ambix

Pool 4
Kels
Doh
Vudujin
Lanceinthepants

Pool 5
Hax
Wobbles
Trail
Mattdotzeb

Pool 6
axe
Chad
Mojo
Drephen

Pool 7
Sfat
Cunning kitsune
Cosmo
Swift

Pool 8
Vanz
Tink
The moon
G$

:phone:

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I'm really looking forward to Chillin v Shroomed and Hax v Wobbles. Juggernaut matches. :)

btw can anyone post the r2 pools out? Or put them in google docs? I'm having a hard time opening xls files :/

Ambix

Smash Ace
round 2 pools was probably the worst playing i've ever done in my life. -__-

I'm going to go get drunk and cry now.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
round 2 pools was probably the worst playing i've ever done in my life. -__-

I'm going to go get drunk and cry now.
My match against Kelly was for me. Being my first multi day tournament I underestimated the mental toughness needed to play Melee

LittleBoyLarry

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kish, I don't know if anyone has suggested this to you yet but, could you make a Top 10 Combos video just like how they did at Big House? :O

kd-

Smash Lord
A Top 10 or just an FC Combo video would be awesome. Also awesome would be a "Moments" video like Evo's ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHC8Kbum-bk ) or the (edit: Pound 5) Montage ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2UQWQgpU4E ). Please please PLEASE have some footage for this, I would love it :]

Just for Darkrain.
Watching the black and white, slow-mo replay of Darkrain's combo on LE in between Darkrain's sets on the stream was amazing. If Darkrain's sets in Top 8 are as good as everyone says they are, a Darkrain FC Combo video would be mind blowing.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Hey guys, look what I found:

Isn't the only one you've beaten Mango and at one tournament? And since then hasn't he beaten you using Link? You've had one amazing tournament, and it's been the peak of your career, and since then you have not been repeat such success in tournament. I don't even expect you to get top 8 at FC.

You're good, but not good enough for top 10.
:troll:

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well you look at that! Where you at, Froggy!? I can handle myself just fine vs top players. =) But i understand how most people know Ganon sucks so they don't expect too much from him. I even almost took Mango's Fox to game 5, I can do better even now!

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
*sigh* fine. I accept that I don't know everything about this game.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Froggy I remember you also saying that I have already peaked and reached my full potential, and you don't see me placing at the top anymore.

I have definitely gotten better and I will continue to rise. I'm nowhere close to my full potential.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I love how Kage gets like 7th at Canadian tournaments and 5th at American ones.

And by love I mean omg America learn how to fight Ganon

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Everyone knows how to fight Ganon just not me. =P

As for Canada, I mean these guys trained me. Of course they would know every single trick I do. Impulse 7th with like 70 people, FC an actual legit 5th with 170 people. I do not understand this game anymore.

DoH, you say that but you lost to me in a MM and pool at G2. ;) (J/k) Though you definitely know the matchup very well from what I've experienced. And you played very well in teams too, so that's legit as well.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I have no idea how to fight ganon and I did well against you who knows how to fight peach. Proof that Ganon is awful

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I don't know how to make videos.

Also Kage's set with Mango really was awesome...short of an unfortunate suicide he actually did have a shot during that set.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I volunteer to make a top 10 plays video for FC if you guys want me to. Omnigamer/VGBootCamp are probably better at making videos than I am, but I have the time and motivation to do it (especially since Darkrain will be prominently featured =P)

Here are the top 10 plays videos that I made with Reneblade, for SMYM12 and for The Big House, if anyone hasn't seen em and wants to provide input:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY3_daIPp1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZaIE8122fk

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just make a darkrain combo video with footage exclusively from FC

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Omg Darkrain is going to get so many spots lmao. For FC you should probably make Top 15-20 plays because the Top 8 final pools, there were a crapton of matches.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
yea juggleguy that would be amazing! if possible top 15-20 would be great cause there was a lot of good material, but top 10 is good too cuz then u really get the good good stuff only.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I love how Kage gets like 7th at Canadian tournaments and 5th at American ones.

And by love I mean omg America learn how to fight Ganon
To be fair, Ganon mains make it kinda hard by not being bad at this game. And killing everything at 50. But I'm bad vs Ganon, so meh.

He does still suck, though.

Top Bottom