• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC: Your Pool Predictions Were Wrong. See first post for R2 Pools!

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I mean I think I at least showed some consistent results over the years. It's doable I mean what if Ganon still hasn't reached the full potential yet because I think I can play even better and add more tricks to deal with situations Ganon normally has trouble with.

But Falcon can also be not at full potential either. I guess we'll see.

leffen

Smash Champion
Ganon is clearly mid tier

but that doesnt mean that he can't do as well or better than you do Kage

every single character can get developed soooooooooo much its crazy, and that includes ganondorf.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
We just need more Ganons representing! But it takes too much effort to be able to hang with high/top tiers with high/top level players controlling them lol, people get frustrated with Ganon and cop out. That's why all the Ganon mains are homies.. the few, the proud... lol

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I forgot what it's like to be frustrated. ;) Everyone just needs more courage to be themselves and represent what they want to do, you know?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I'm sure between Mango, Hax, and Darkrain they can come up with at least one thing for you that's better than "mediocre".
For real, it's funny to me that leffen (who is actually very good vs peach) takes pride in his anti-peach game so much but does the most boring fox stuff ever... to me it doesn't matter if I've seen it before, if it works, **** it. Smart play is actually very entertaining to some people lol

leffen

Smash Champion
For real, it's funny to me that leffen (who is actually very good vs peach) takes pride in his anti-peach game so much but does the most boring fox stuff ever... to me it doesn't matter if I've seen it before, if it works, **** it. Smart play is actually very entertaining to some people lol
I dont really take pride in my anti peach play... I should be much better than I am vs peach, and the way I'm practicing right now is the way I should've been all along.

That said, I still think I'm the best at the matchup, but I'm not really proud of that fact (more disappointed at how bad mango is at it)
and if you think my stuff is "the same old boring" then **** you you ignorant *****

and the thing is, I'd love to see the smart stuff Mango/Hax did, not the OMG KNEE TO KNEE COMBO they did. Smart stuff>>>>simple combo thats flashy but has been seen 10381831 times

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I dont really take pride in my anti peach play
I still think I'm the best at the matchup
Lol, sorry I got so confused.

if you think my stuff is "the same old boring" then **** you you ignorant *****
I never said "the same old boring" but you do do fox stuff that is nothing special, you just play the matchup correctly. And let's get one thing straight, YOU are a *****. Not me, lmao.

Also, I'm willing to say mango is better vs peach than you just because he's that much better overall than you are. You could play nothing but fox vs peach for years and still might not be as good as mango at that matchup because frankly, you don't compare to him.

leffen

Smash Champion
My whole argument from the beginning has always been that Mango may do better than me vs Armada (even tho he hasn't as of late) but that is because of his general skill being higher than mine (for now), but I am still better at the MATCHUP.

and me thinking im the best at the matchup and me taking pride in my anti peach play aren't really related...

MORE IMPORTANTLY

Forward, the smash player, just **** on Noel Brown+ Justin Wong in Marvel. YOOOOOOO

Wake

Smash Master
I'm just saying, if more Foxes learn from some of the stuff Leffen does against Armada, life will get much harder for us Peach mains.

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
leffen can you provide us with more info on this tournament like live/updated brackets, or where forward is in brackets right now?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I also agree that Leffen plays the MU best (Jman might've been able to do it better, but he's long retired).

Kage, I'm all for having faith in Ganon, but as good as Falcon? Again, you're delusional.

Don't worry, Wake. A lot smashers write Leffen off (and don't like him), and so won't bother learning from him. So we're safe.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Jman was, and still is, a **** fox main, one of the best...

but do you really think he was known for his anti-peach game? at one point he was sort of a falco slayer... idk other than that.

Wake

Smash Master
His style is very good against Peach, and if I recall, when Armada did so well at Genesis 1, Jman was pretty confident in his Peach game.

leffen

Smash Champion
Jman camps Peach too hard, and his style wouldn't work now that armadas game against camping is A LOT better than @G1.

Just look at him vs Vanz if you doubt me being better... run away ->side b past peach LOL ***** this aint brawl

Wake

Smash Master
I definitely think you're the best Fox at the Peach MU. Just keep being mean to people so they refuse to learn from your matches. It's a win/win situation, really.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I also agree that Leffen plays the MU best (Jman might've been able to do it better, but he's long retired).

Kage, I'm all for having faith in Ganon, but as good as Falcon? Again, you're delusional.

Don't worry, Wake. A lot smashers write Leffen off (and don't like him), and so won't bother learning from him. So we're safe.
I think I can get as good results as them at least, does that i mean I'm more skilled than them or is it that Ganon has that actual potential?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I would opt for that meaning that your more skilled, tbh.

Yeah, Jman's style worked very well against Peach. He was always very confident in his vs Peach game, and I think there's a friendly or two floating around from Pound 4 (?), and they were back and forth, iirc.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I would opt for that meaning that your more skilled, tbh.

Yeah, Jman's style worked very well against Peach. He was always very confident in his vs Peach game, and I think there's a friendly or two floating around from Pound 4 (?), and they were back and forth, iirc.
Yeah, it would take multiple Ganons doing as well as Falcon's for him to be on the same level to be believable.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol I remember when everyone used to hate Kage on the boards. Now everyone hates Leffen..
Well maybe 3 years ago. =P

Well there was only Linguini capable of being a true rival to me as a Ganon main. Now there's nobody which means the levels of Ganons in general just isn't high enough up there yet.. or I guess it takes true bravery to take on a character like this and perform that good. I'm pretty sure not many are willing to take on the hard road when they can win with a better character already.

It takes a dash of madness to do something like that.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
Well maybe 3 years ago. =P

Well there was only Linguini capable of being a true rival to me as a Ganon main. Now there's nobody which means the levels of Ganons in general just isn't high enough up there yet.. or I guess it takes true bravery to take on a character like this and perform that good. I'm pretty sure not many are willing to take on the hard road when they can win with a better character already.

It takes a dash of madness to do something like that.
I think it just depends on what character you have the most fun with. I havn't really dedicated my time to using fox or falco not because I'm trying to be different, or "take the hard road", but more so because I just have no real interest in learning the characters. They just don't appeal to me.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well that might be true... heh. But I mean I still think it's possible to train yourself to have a better feel for any characters. Even if you didn't like one at first, they all offer something different which is enjoyable. You can definitely get better with any character you want.

Top Bottom