• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
hey everyone, i finally got a smashboards account!
thanx everyone for sunday, SOO much fun (as always)

tibs: congrats on beating chris, epic matches. and sorry about my MK making you angry, i only spammed nado on you coz you kept trying to spotdodge it! i wont pick norfair again tho! lol

attila: haha yeah i nearly had to play you again in the semi's so you could **** me again! i need to play alot smarter against ur snake! looking forward to a rematch :)

earl: the other half of team awesome! great job, hopefully we'll do better in teams nxt month.

toshi: good match, sorry about picking luigi's mansion on you! lol.

hope to see everyone nxt month!

p.s. melbourne represent!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
i shall do my shoutouts now i guess xD

attila: lucas mirrors were fun ^_^, i wanted to cry on the second match though... i thought i had you... x3 also gratz on the doubles win =D melb ftw! <3

Bryan: haha that doubles match with the peach texture was soo dam funny and distracting XD also your peach is godly now, beat up my wucas u_u but good job! =3

Cao:get well soon D= i heard you've been very sick

Conor: your getting very good now with lucas! god you were giving me a struggle in the low tier matches >_< haha we should team up sometime and gather again for some more friendlies ^_^! we'll see who beats who in the singles =P

Earl: yay we finally got to play some friendlies =D your very good, i couldnt get your link hahas, we live close so me and conor will come around sometime to rock up some brawls ;3

Ricky: zomg we owned in the teams ^_^ was awesome of you to come down from sydney! i cant wait for ya to come down to Melbourne again. ;3 Team mother is the awesomes and your ness is like the best <3 hopefully this time we wont get lost in the city =p

Shaya: was nice to meet you, only really talked to you in the morning, shame we didnt get to play. untill next time =p

Jack(devil): zomg we havint played eachother in either tourney yet! ill have to pwnzor you next one maybe ^_^. Come visit kurt so we can have some friendlies haha =P

Jei: zomg you knocked us out of doubles RAWR >=O haha nah they were epic matches :3 ggs got your hat back now hehe =3 i havint played you much 1v1 we gotta do some more matches again sometime.

Tibs: Gratz on winning the singles ^_^! you show what melbournes made of! <3

X: haha i loved how you got pissed at me when i edge hogged your fox, sucked that the match ups got wrong we were gonna win D: lols well gg anyways :3

Dekar: sorry for our singles match i didnt make it to D= probably would of owned me anyways =P until next time.

Chris: awesome of you to come down from Queensland =) you're really awesome in brawl with meta, took us out of doubles, they were close and epic matches though =P Your also very nice ^_^ owned me with yoshi too in low tier gawd the combos, i thought since it was yoshi was like eh this will be a piece of cake.. ill eat my words XD

Viva: sorry i didnt team with you this time =(, we will have more team fail next time for sure!

Tom: I finally got to meet you ^_^! your falcon is soo awesome, you show what the falcon is made of! make sure you come again next time ill be looking forward to playing you again =D and ty soo much for the 18th picture! i now have the real thing <3

Vermy: Your PT is getting alot better now! great work, =) keep up the good work. we need to do more friendlies again sometime :3

Khoa: haha its fun scaring you xDD i bet you in the low tiers =3 hehe but you loved your sonic mind games thats for sure O_O awesome anyways, Chibi Khoa ^___^

To everyone else i played, good games! This is only the second tourney I've been to, and i love them to death =D this one has been the best soo far. Ill see anyone thats heading up to the autumn Smash :3

S.D

Smash Master
Whatup Melbourne?

Looks like Jei's doing a great job with Stigma B, solid turnout at the last tournament I hear? Jei also doing a great job with commentaries and popular culture references :p

Shaya playing Wario? lol/wtf?

Nice job Tibs and Attila too! Looking forward to meeting you guys sometime down the track - Diddy ditto MM me Tibs! :)

Peach ditto MM me Cao :)

Keep up the good work Melbourne! Events like these almost make me want to play Brawl seriously again.. almost.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Conor: your getting very good now with lucas! god you were giving me a struggle in the low tier matches >_< haha we should team up sometime and gather again for some more friendlies ^_^! we'll see who beats who in the singles =P
Thanks! =D yeah haha you taught me to spam the Sh aerials lol my ICs are winzorz, but no blizzard on lucas lolol i learnt my lesson on that one XD And i called dibs on doubles with you! =3

anyways off to uni >_>

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Is there a chance that the next tournament can be on the 24th?
My soccer team has a bye on this date.
That prolly wont be possible, since Autumn Lan 2009 is being held in Queensland over the weekend of the 23/24, and there are a lot of people from melbourne heading up, including jei (i think), so it would be better to have it either the 17th or 31st of May. Im thinking 31st.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I'd do shoutouts, but there wouldn't be many. T___T

Sorry for stalling the singles bracket, and to everyone I did play, you're all awesome.

Melbourne *****. (because of the level of epicness, I might just come down more often to get some more matches out of you guys)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
shaya's put all this vids up now, pity he only taped me losing...

@adultlink: your posts are rather annoying and pointless. please stop.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
-Your snake still looks awesome as even if he lost >.<
-We should try some snake dittos some time since I play him also =)

-Anyway, we should play some games while I'm around for the next week and a bit since we probably live like 5 mins from each other, Bryan often comes over so some smash sometime - would be fun =)

-But yeah, if peolpe want to oraganise stuff regarding any of the smash games, let mek now
cwoo8888@hotmail.com

-Haha Shaya, I saw your vid comment. IF you think the Marth boards will be like 'wtf why didn't you win on battlefield' the MK ones would tear me apart if they knew what happened haha

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wtf Attila.

Honestly. I hope that was sarcasm, because otherwise you're being rude for something 'personal'. I think you played excellently in those vids... The whole 'command centre' was set up all day, you just had to ASK if you wanted a vid recorded on it. And of course the tv it was on had melee/64 and all the other friendlies happening on it quite often too.

I've still yet to upload the grand finals. Resynching audio takes too much effort, twas tired, etc.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah attila did play well i agree, nah he wasnt being rude. but umm yeah your missing the gf's and me vs you on norfair =) hehe. but thanks for the vids you've already put up

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
yeah attila did play well i agree, nah he wasnt being rude. but umm yeah your missing the gf's and me vs you on norfair =) hehe. but thanks for the vids you've already put up
Hmm, It should be up. I didn't exactly not upload it. Must have errored.

And I can't even check why it didnt upload because youtube is like BANG NO UPLOADING *****.

Also guys, we all need to work on our 'p's. Everytime CAO, or S.D. or anyone said a word with 'p' in it, it would be a big SPIT sound on the microphone that sends my ears to a painful painful hell

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Just buy a better microphone. That thing is a piece of crap. I would buy one for Rocky

ViVa

Smash Ace
Hi everybody, Just made an account so I could post here, I'm that mario main btw =)

Sunday was awesome fun, Congrats to tibz for winning
Didn't see the matches though but will watch em on youtube soon

Afropony

Smash Lord
That prolly wont be possible, since Autumn Lan 2009 is being held in Queensland over the weekend of the 23/24, and there are a lot of people from melbourne heading up, including jei (i think), so it would be better to have it either the 17th or 31st of May. Im thinking 31st.
Oh yeh good point :(
I guess I'll only be coming to tournaments if they're held on a saturday.

Anyways yesterday and today my school actually held a Brawl tournament. It was actually amazingly succesful, there were 57 people and it cost $15 to enter (It was a fund raiser for the school although 1st, 2nd and 3rd still got money) Anyway with a bit of persuassion me and some of the other people that know about competitive brawl turned into an "official tournament" with proper rules. This included counterpicking banned stages double elimination and all that stuff.

Here was the top 8

1. Afropony (Pit) :laugh:
2. Element (MK)
3. FMR (Snake, Marth)
4. Pit-ske-one-son (Pit)
5. ChiWay (Marth)
6. Josh (Dedede)
7. Chunky (Peach)
8. Allen (Fox, Falco)

I told some of the better players about smashboards and told them that Melbourne had some regular tournaments. They seemed quite interested, hopefully some of them will come and join us.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Afropony, if you don't mind throwing me the name of the school, I'll add it to the LIST of tournaments :D

57 * 15 is huge, weeee

And I thought there wouldn't be any more for the rest of the month, was almost going to post the new monthly tournament results :O

Unless you feel it wasn't a real tournament, and the results weren't really worthy.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
The Grand Final had the most screaming? Why did it have to be the one not to upload?

Also, if it was recorded, I want to see my loss against Amaterasu uploaded too =P

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
People should have some patience (about the videos). And no, your match against amaterasu wasn't recorded. You (OR ANYONE) should have asked :D.

I'm still pretty scared of you Cobalt. Getting destroyed by Meta keeps me shivering unlike reasonably close matches with a diddy kong :p

Zero

Smash Hero
A school tournament with 57 people, holy ****. Our school laughed at the idea of a Guitar Hero tournament, imagine what would happen with Brawl. ;-; So jealous. I always considered putting the idea to the school peoples, to scout out for skill and interest, but common sense told me the answer anyway. Lucky you :<

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Don't worry Shaya. You're just not experienced against MK I suppose. All in due time.
Too cool.
MUST BEAT YOU.
:laugh:

Why couldn't you have been there Cobalt! I missed you!

-

Going through the grand final vids now... There's no way you can go "oh yeah can't hear the crowd".

All you can hear is the people in the background cheering and screaming half the time haha.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
People should have some patience (about the videos). And no, your match against amaterasu wasn't recorded. You (OR ANYONE) should have asked :D.
My bad, I assumed you were since you were watching on that screen ^^;

Ah well, for future referance, whenever I play a match and recording is possible, I want it recorded =P

EDIT: Unless I'm defeated in 3 stock. Delete those ones. >.<

Dekar289

Smash Hero
enjoyed stigma-b? love brawl? LOVE CHRIS?
come to stigma-m this saturday! http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95746

- it's saturday so there's no school/work the next day!
- it's just like brawl but faster and even more exciting!
- forte is going!
- chris is going!
- canadian smashers are going OMFG CANADIAN!!! CANADA!!!
- all the cool kids are going!
- no shaya!!!

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Woo hoo time to post something...

They may be late, but here they are

Shout outs:

@ Toshiba: Great team man, we went pretty good for a while there.

@ Attila: I'll beat you one day, even if it is only one match.

@ Khoa: Great game, Your Kirby was a lot harder to take down then your Meta Knight.

@ Vermy: You have made Ivysaur so much more awesome. And I knew i wouldn't need that stock, thats why I did the Illusion off edge... >>

@ Tibs: Your Wolf is so much harder then your mario. And I should of kept that shine lock going, haha oh well. GG

@ Bryan: I can't belive you let me pummel you with lasers so much at one point. Refreashed moves anyone?

@ Nixernator: Dedede was extremely annoying in those friendlies XD

@ Edge Games: Shiek is just down right Cruel to Fox... *assumes phetal position and sobs in the corner*

@ Nicks: Next time i'll know my stages

@ Tanman: For..........something.....one more minute to think.....I..... can't think of anything right now.

@ Everyone whos names I don't know or can't remember in doubles: Had great fun, Ecspecially when I pegged so many off you with my Up smashes and Up airs : P

@ Everyone whos names I don't know or can't remember in singles: Alot of great Intense games. Don't think i've had to work so hard before.

@ Tak & Vermy: Thanks for giving Tanman Melty Blood, I am now hooked on it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
nix
nixie
nixen
nixernator
nixinerator
nixineranixerrer

jesus christ sort it out guys

anyway
shoutout tahme lol finally unbanned, blame sick boy

nix (metaknight) and earl: can't believe you guys don't get top 5 in singles and top 3 in teams, ur both sooo gud, better than me srs
attila: thank your bro for you 3rd spot, if he hadn't like cheaped me out i woulda gone to work on your ***, give your snake/olimar the business
tibs: 2g brah, i'll pump out some marth next time ey, it's a slow brawl learning process for me. tibs vs cobalt v chris at rocky, imo like jesus will resurrect himself to be there in person
forte: gj with running the tournament etc
chris: bl about losing to me in finals, hopefully mlg results are uploaded ey... imo you didn't look like you were playing your best but idk tibs is pretty mad ey, maybe he just makes it looks like that... you're soooo good at meleeeeeee mang, young link holy hell almost beat my marth that's maad
leisha and meteor master: "got lost" huh? something definitely going on here guys. mad lovers fo sho
sam: you lack the gayness to play g and w imo, have to be super annoying and persistant to use back air enough times, i think snake is a better fit
djb: i hate lucarios ffffffffffffffffffffff
shaya: man melbourne is good... but melbourne has always been good right, as cobalt has always been the best in australia by miles and miles and dekars
cao: ur sick =( stop infracting me gawwwwwwdddd
jei: bl. it's just a hard character counter ey. it's like cao's peach in melee, just counters puff and marth that's all. minimal skill. if i played falcon i'd own him so hard, like jv 5 that peach crap.. uh yer
icek: you final have your chance to be useful and like beat djbrowny and then you lose. awesome.
tak: you too, also loserer
wayne: jesse's keys: don't ever give someone back something that someone else has stolen and is throwing around for fun. ever. i'm sure even x hates you for it rofl
cobalt: still the best imo. wait why the hell didn't you come when you said you would? BALLLLLS

anyways thanks tibs and chris for putting on like the best brawl sets ever, was amazing 11124222

Afropony

Smash Lord
Afropony, if you don't mind throwing me the name of the school, I'll add it to the LIST of tournaments :D

57 * 15 is huge, weeee

And I thought there wouldn't be any more for the rest of the month, was almost going to post the new monthly tournament results :O

Unless you feel it wasn't a real tournament, and the results weren't really worthy.
It's Melbourne High School, It was actually a really good tournament, it was all run by students except for a teacher who was supervising. The people were actually good and the MK that came second got me down to about 150% with one stock but just couldn't kill me.

I would call it a "worthy" tournament.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Ha I'll do Shoutouts now.
Khoa: Good to see you again man, <3 you with absolutely no homo.
Tan: Bad luck, we all know your Sonic is pro, and I almost had you..... lol
Siyro: Fox, gah. CP D3 from now on XD
Edge: Sheik is broken lolwut, nah awesome to see you and the guys, come down more :)
Jei and X: Thanks for running another awesome tourny, you guys are amazing
Nicks: I swear you've gotten better, loved your set against Tibs, next time don't take my advice XP.
Chris: Nice to meet you, I will play 64 against you one day.
Condog: Hahaha, your IC's would be so pro with less SD's and more blizzard :p. Kidding, they're are so going to be awesome next month, top 10 at least :). Also 64>Brawl
Bryan: Kirby/Fox team lulz on 64
Tak: Thanks for convincing me to play melty blood, I sucked but it was fun.
DJ: Awesome to meet you after speaking so much, teach me how to be pro like you one day yeah?
Splice and Afro: Awesome to see you guys again... wait no it wasn't. Kidding want to see you guys soon.
Nixernator: Lulz you're crap, why do you even bother showing up? Stick to 64 you scrub

And everyone I forgot I didn't do it on purpose I still think its the people that keep me coming back.

Edit: Dekar, imagine having one of those names I never know who I'm supposed to play and if people are talking to me...

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
Shoutouts

Sam: Thank you so much for driving me home and helping out with the Melty Blood tourney, new ruleset coming soon >=D
Cao: Hope you feel better soon, team foxywoxy wasn't so funny without you =(
Jei: Nothing more I can say about your Pit, didn't get to play you in singles. Also your Hisui is really different and awesome
IceK: I'm better in all games now XD
Devil: Thanks for teaming with me, we got heaps better towards the end, also play more Melty and stop having hangovers on the day of the monthly =P
X: Play Melty Blood I wanna hear you yell at how you have no idea what the **** is going on XD, also we need to play more Fox dittos bro =D
Tanman: Whoever wrote that 9:1 matchup for Fox and Sonic is ********, I still have no idea how i won
Edge Games: HOLY **** YOU CAN DAC WITH SHIEK AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!, seriously you move across the stage in about a second.... scary (also how did I win with Yoshi?)
DJ: I hate lucario.... that is all
Forte: Good job with helping out, play Melty but don't use Len =P
Vermy: Your Akiha is good man keep at it, also your PT is improving so much quicker than I expected
Tibz: I missed your big moment, I was playing melee
Attila: Your Lucus is a *****
Dekar: No you
Wayne: Think about the consequences of what you are doing
Byran: Am I too mean to you?
Chris: Watching you play Yoshi has actually interested me in learning how to play him

Vermy

Smash Champion
@ Vermy: You have made Ivysaur so much more awesome. And I knew i wouldn't need that stock, thats why I did the Illusion off edge... >>
Ivy is queen of broken. (Snake is king)
-Bullsh*tseed
-sweetspot vinewhip
-bair
-usmash
-uair
Johns! Johns I say! Both were close matches. Good DI out of squirtles utilt lock....that sh*t can go upto 88% if I tech chase correctly. Good games still.
DS: "I ban Japes"
V: "mmk, I cp Luigi's mansion"
DS: "Crap. -_-"
I did NOT see that dair>fsmash coming.

@tak: bloodyphiyah! <3 Ahika. Yay for Sparta kick. Melty blood at stigma-m? Yes? Ill be coming along this saturday. Someone teach me how to play melee good. I main Samus and Young link. I want to pick up Dr. Ninja. (Dr.Mario with black coat)

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Did someone say YOUNG LINK?
I love young link, Melbourne has to play more young link!

And I need more pokemon trainer dittos Vermy, I think squirtle dittos would be the most crazy thing ever, and would consist of squirtle basically sliding everywhere with grab ranges that take up 1/4 of FD lol

Vermy

Smash Champion
@chris:
Yay! Be my mentor? =D
I suck at melee. But <3 the little Kokiri warrior.

Hydrograb 1/4 of FD only?
You aren't doin it right, son. ^_^

I can teach you the following:
*hydroplane dsmash
*hydroplane usmash
*hydrograb
*hydro fsmash
*reverse hydro fsmash
*itemplane. (The AT I discovered where squirtle slides the entire length of Smashville while charging an fsmash in the opposite direction AND holding an item)
HELLYEAH SQUIRTLE IS FOR PROS.

Yes I'm being cocky, but after all the training and research I've done, I deserve to be. =p

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Lols, need pkm trainer dittos I say!
I know a few ATs with them aswell, either way our matches will be very, very bizzare

But yeah, every time I feel as though I suck at using young link, I just tell myself to spam more, and everything automatically gets better =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom