• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I'd prefer it if we dropped the "my state is better than yours", if only because it fosters seperation and antagonism. We would all improve more rapidly if we just got along and were happy to support people better or worse than us without having to constantly remind them that they suck.
Yeah i agree totally with this, no point of everyone hating each other and fighting over which state is better. Just a game peoples all get along and have fun which is the main thing >=(

haha smash 64 was soo hard, i had not played it in soo long XD bryan with all of his spikes.. i just loved spamming ness's pkfire it was soo cute <3333

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya: Lol. What to say, better luck next time? Hate your wario, hate your marth, liked your leather jacket that taught the melb people a thing about fashion hehe. Nah, overall even though you think you didn't play as well as you could have, I still see you as one of the best players that I've come across even with all your Johning, oh and yes, we'll **** all teams come Rocky =D
Want to hear the good news? That was the first time I had ever played Wario in a tournament :laugh:. I'm so bad at recovering with him ;_;

Shaya: king johns haha nah real nice guy, will defs verse you again sometime! put vids up asap! =)
Can't run away forever! (That's to both you and me :p) I gotta work on what went wrong, because the way you turned it around first match and blitzed me towards the end of the second was a shock I haven't felt since Cobalt (:mad:) Meta knighted me. Funny that your comment about Chris' MK was practically what I felt for both you and your brother. I just kept going "wtf, he air dodges, I knew it was coming, I wait a moment, swipe my sword, WTF IT MISSES? *RAGES*". Definitely out played by you yesterday; even though my matches with Attila certaintly felt it almost came down to a little luck heh.
With all the interstate 'trash talking', it's great that both you and many others don't take it more seriously than just the hype it creates, and of course, the tension that builds throughout the day (bang bang excitement). Hope to see you guys move on up and venture to the NSW or QLD threads to HYPE IT UP (esp. QLD, since you're there soon).

Vids? Yeah, they're in processing. Upload them probably within the next few days when I'm at uniz.

All in all, I'm really proud of the Melbourne scene, not in the sense that I feel I contributed to it (I didn't really at all, except like corunning one of the tournaments once [I think it was the first one Attila went to as well]), but of how I'm sparingly apart of that, and to see it grow so well, it definitely makes me jealous and leaves a bit to be desired in both NSW and perhaps the QLD areas too. People I've talked to (Chris and Toby [and probably CAO]) know my assumptions of why Melb Brawl has grown so well and it really makes me happy. Hope to come down again soon :chuckle:

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
luck my ***. i won pretty comprehensively. first match you were over 200% and i had just hit 100% at the end, and in the second against d3 i had under 50% and killed you at 153%, despite wall chaingrabness. even in teams when both our partners had died and it was us two on battlefield, i came from behind and won. luck is the cheapest john of all, cause it calls me crap, while excuses at least simply say that you preformed badly.

in the end, the best man won. ill probs come up after exams in june or july. better start practicing.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i agree with swordsaint here a'. you dont have to argue! like you do at home haha. we all know you beat him and proved him wrong that all there is.

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah thanks swordsaint, i dont think anyone expected that result, especially me, since i lost to him prior to the final.......he put me in the losers bracket =( haha

EDIT: him = chris

swordsaint

Smash Master
Unlucky lol. Well be sure to know that NSW will take a heavy blow from this and come back new and improved, ready to fight back. We gave you our best (I think? Maybe he wasn't? lol jks no offense Shaya) and you guys lived. Even Queensland placed higher. It's sad to think Sydney is the bottom of the east coast right now, but that's the reality of it I see.

MAYBE it's all part of our master plan? Lure your senses into false security and BAM! Sydney-siders overwhelm you at Rocky. Prepare yourselves.

Attila_

BRoomer
swords: im not *****ing, just putting the truth across. i felt i played some of my best brawl against him, and dont like that being discredited. i was not lucky against him, i just outplayed him. and that is all i wish to put across.

@tibs: fuzakeruna, omae.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Put it this way, he did not say IT WAS LUCK. He said HE FELT IT WAS LUCK. Entirely different. What Shaya feels means nothing to the rest of us.

tibs7

Smash Champion
a master plan ey, sounds good. Melb will take on anything that gets thrown at us =) and maybe i wasnt playing my best and was thinking of a master plan myself o_0

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'd tell you to go back to America if you took on the best in Australia without being your best. =D
I personally will be attending Rocky, and am ATLEAST 100 times better than Shaya....ATLEAST. Say you're prayers.

I'm curious as to how you beat Chris though. ^.^ Metaknight + flying + pick up your bananas + glide throwing = diddy got *****.

Toby.

Smash Master
Maybe NSW should pick up metaknight and snake. We can sell our souls for victory =D

It'll be great to play you guys once we get back from genesis. Hopefully our training in the hyperbolic time chamber/america will help us give you guys some great games at Rocky!

tibs7

Smash Champion
mmmm yeah 100 times better than shaya is very possible haha. best in Aus? i thought cobalt was and still is...

yeah i want to see vids aswell crowd went sooo nuts its full epic. chris didnt to much of that whenever he was flying i was peanuting which screwed his glide. and he did do the glidetossing a few times but its not to good for metaknight i dont think. i really wanna watch them.....also teams and beating my bro in semi's haha (<3 a')

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
When I said came down to luck, I'm referring to the last match, last stock, last movement.
i.e. the one where Snake does an fsmash facing the wrong way, I go for a grab while im behind you; which whiffs, I get hit from behind (by the fsmash).

*sigh*. That one thing turning into THAT was hardly what I hoped for. I put a lot more emphasis into what else I said in that post... I don't recall starting off with the advantage in that doubles match either, but hell, my memory is pretty bad for the day already, as it seems.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
When I said came down to luck, I'm referring to the last match, last stock, last movement.
i.e. the one where Snake does an fsmash facing the wrong way, I go for a grab while im behind you; which whiffs, I get hit from behind (by the fsmash).
I keep telling you, that was no grab, just Dedede's standard pivot animation. You just messed it up a bit.

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Here's some pics of the day =)

Nay having a great time repping toon link

Bryan 'n' me, who fail horribly whenever we team in brawl, but we'll make it back at melee teams

Bryan and X having an intense game

Everybody chilling playing smash, all is good =)

Toby.

Smash Master
Oh the drama!

I'm sure when the video gets uploaded the mystery will be solved. Either way I dont think it matters whether he was doing a pivot or a grab...the point is that he wasn't saying attilla only ever won because of luck.

Cool pics btw. It's nice to have faces to attach to names.

Attila_

BRoomer
that match wasnt recordered unfortunately, and only a few people were watching, so i think it will remain a mystery. although i will say that grabs generally have super armour frames when they are about to hit, so unless the grab missed or it was still frames off connecting, there was no grab. either way, i was at 40ish%, he was over 150%. it was looking good for me anyway.

but yeah, im sick of this conversation. i wanna see some videos and devise an awesome plan to defeat chris! next time gadget, next time...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have a photo to contribute! but in my misery i didnt take much.

Tibs and his winning victory pose. Hi Chris lol :)

C~Dog

Smash Champion
So its seems im establishing a tradition of leasving things at stigma. If anyone had a wiimote with a blue wrist strap, that would be mine. >_< If anyone knows anything about it, please PM me.

tibs7

Smash Champion
i must say, that victory pose is awesome. haha =) attila looks like hes still in shock lol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It would have been cool if there was a recording of the actual twirling hand movement. :p

You did that at least twice; and also when you beat me. I-B-Honored.

Tibz is the Hewitt.

I need to do some Federer **** before a Nadal pops up. Maybe figure out a victory pose of my own.

Maybe I'll do Saffin/Sieg impersonations when I lose. I need to buy about 25 controllers first though...

tibs7

Smash Champion
twirly hand is also awesome hahaha, i seriously thought i had won after i won the 1st set thats why i jumped out of my seat, but yeah twirly hand ftw

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
holy **** is it just me or does tibs almost look like toby in that pic?
anyways NSW already has a snake player, and come rambo time I'll be ready.
but yeah, lol melbourne pwned this time, we need to get SD back into brawl (not gonna happen :( )

Browny

Smash Hater
mmmm how does this work... Too many new people to meet in one day I cant remember them all >_<

tibs/atilla: Too **** good lol. Even my ridiculous MK strategies on Delfino werent enough :p I wish I could have tested some of my theoretical playstles vs you guys in 1vs1 but 'twas not to be :(
Nick (i think lol, the marth i came up against twice): WTF breaking my shield -> ko twice in one match. and the tipper fsmashes... omg. I play a fair amount (no pun lol) of marths and ive never seen someone land so many tippers so regularly lol. Lucario somehow pulls through :)
Shaya: really GGs lol im stoked i did so well vs you. Everyone falls for the Sonic Boom hypnosmash eventually... Everyone :D If i went MK on norfair and lost I would have regretted it forever thinking maybe Lucario could have won it for me :p moar tipper johns. I pretty much came for the doubles and teaming with you was just as id hoped :D I think in the end, glide attack did more good than harm hahaha. MK only has 500 5 midair jumps I cant be spamming uair/nair under the stage and save yor recovery in one move lol :bee:
Jei/ama: **** those matches were so close lol, probably most intense ive ever played. Why are you so good at upb oos I srsly have no idea how you do it so well lol. That one glide attack stage spike which made the crowd go nuts was totally worth the $200 or so spent coming here, melb tourney atmosphere is too cool, can i borrow some plz. As before thanks a ton Jei for housing + transport etc. Like 6 hours of friendlies or something crazy rofl i got more pit experience in one night than i have in brawl up until this day lol, too many epic matches to remember. all the sonic/lucario vs your pit/jiggs were awesome.
Earl Yeah I used to think I was a pretty technical link and can show people what hes capable of but you just take it to a whole nother level, really amazing to see that played irl. your links were probably faster than my sonic rofl.
IceK (I think?) Thanks for reminding me why I hate pokemon stadium 1 so much lol, **** windmill making everyone noe get KO'd! :) Round 3 was probably my second scariest fight of the whole tourney. Lucario is the one whos meant to make massive comebacks not falco :p
Dekar (whos probably still banned lol): idk whats gayer, rainbow cruise with G&W or jungle japes with lucario lololol. either way, **** close games. Spacing wars for 2 minutes per stock with 1 mistake from any of us costing a stock is nerve wracking, even if a little boring :p I still think you knew something others didnt when u banned frigate lol. Only people who play against me often ban that vs me :O
Nix Pity we could only get one steak match in. Nice meeting u after talking so much online lol. Sorry for not showing ya my sonic in tourney, he just wasnt feeling it today (much like my snake lmao, i got wrecked with him too :p)
Tanman/Other sonics 4 player FFA all sonic was too good, even if it took like 6 minutes hahaha.
Khoa engineering ftw :D nice meeting u dude & too many fun games at jei's for me to even remember lol. all u sonic users gotta get wifi so I can help yous prac with him :p
X, Sam and everyone else I played I cant remember the names of :( :Space animals fall too fast, easy combo food my for lucario fair-dair omnomnom :D needs moar usmash! GGs to all others I hope my campycario wasnt too annoying to play against :)
Cao Sorry i kept forgetting how long you had been there for lol too many new people in one day for me to keep track of johns :p

Forte4Tei

Smash Apprentice
Tibz: I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO WIN I CALLED IT LOLLOLOOL. Btw that pose is freaking awesome, it's the coolest photo of the year imo
Chris: I was thinking that when Tibs was playing you in the final you might screw up again like earlier this year. Guess I was right. But still you kept me thinking that you might have had it in the bag; I think I said so too.
Attila: Too good, beat Shaya fair and square imo
Shaya: =)
Cao: =)
Dekar: Owned
Tak: Owned
Bryan: Owned
Devil and X: Amazingly awesome.
IceK: We should have tried. "Something in my eye!" - ROFL
Jei: I can be a TO too =)
Cobalt: Congratulations, you are truly cementing yourself as Australia's finest smasher.
Sam: MB sux.

I'll be selling lollies if the next tourney is before May 20th teehee

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Oh man. I brought the motion sensor, but forgot the wiimote -.-

I played poorly. It might just be me, but everyone seems to have become better, skill wise. No one falls for my banana tricks anymore =(

Drixon: Awesome fox. I kinda wished I didn't kill myself so many times in doubles lol. Well, I didn't kill you once (I think) =)
Nick: Argh, your metaknight is mean =( That 'nado is really stupid, and using that on Luigi's Mansion?! OMGWTF banned.
Milk: Great matches. Your unexpected comments make me lol. Also, hurray for someone who mains Kirby!
Tibs and Amaterasu: This has probably been said a million times, but those final matches were AWESOME. Epic moments which no one saw coming. Where do you come up with these things?!
To those who played Melee and 64: WTH, what is this? Quit tempting me on playing such awesome games. And who the hell is bringing copy of melee to a brawl tournament?
To everyone else: Argh, so many people. I wish I could get to know all your names/faces. Then there are those who I haven't even played once. I'm always up for a game, so challenge me!

Thanks Jei and X!

*goes back into lurking mode*

EDIT: Links to vids/Shaya's account please?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Awesome tourney was awesome. Seriously that has to be the best tourny I've been to (lol out of my 3 tournys) and the one I did worst in. Smash 64 + Epic finals makes me happy no matter what.
Shoutouts tomorrow

C~Dog

Smash Champion
omg that doubles final is epic

i just realised...i didnt do shoutouts!

vermy: yay grudge matches lol we didnt get to do the 3rd match =O i was obviously gonna win tho haha
leisha: omg double :3 you did awesome! why did i have to vs you for low tier tho your the one training me dammit! >_< too bad you missed singles, you wouldve kicked *** with lucas
jei: awesome tourney dude, everything went great yet again you need to be in the tourney director group =D
khoa: we needed to play more lol you give me good mk practice haha
earl: that was a pretty close match! i was actually doing good cgs today lol but then you cp snake >_<
ledge: yes you getting a proper controller :) we can play for reals next time then, but no pikman spam for olimar XD
meteor: why is your ness so good?! seriously! and you need to come for your bday next month lol you can enter for free XD
tak: why did you ban chaos for melty blood?! i dont know how to play for reals! and next time i will bring a usb so i can get it for myself and get really good mwhaha
attila: seriously we didnt play once! wth i would have totally killed you..... ;P
tibz: woo melbourne! you show mk whos boss haha
bryan: yay we won a doubles match! and we only killed each other a few times lololol and that peach texture was hilarious! XDXDXD
nix: smash 64 lol it ruins my brawl skillz haha
and everyone else i vs'd, they were really fun matches, you were great =D

finally thanks out of staters for providing some epic entertainment lol

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Alright, I now know why Tak loves Meltyblood so much. Seriously, next time I come, I'm bringing the game - I can actually DO stuff now. With a keyboard too. Definately taking the Melty Blood Tourny next time, I'll beat you all.

*Waits for the epic singles videos to start popping up* Sure, the doubles was Epic, but there wasn't enough screaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom