• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Teams just in:

1. Tibs + Attila
2. Shaya + djbrowny

TEC is too good. The only thing they can lose to is other members of TEC ;) Such a shame I ended up in the emergency ward... good times

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
shaya is pretty dam good and if DJB goes snake I reckon they'll win since shaya knows how to team with snake.

Splice

Smash Hero
Wow, Awesome. Tibz is a legend, beating all the pros that were there. I feel good to have been 2 stocked by him. :)

AND Where did you place Nix? 25th? Better be higher than 25th this time....

Also who came second and so forth as far as you know? I WANT INFO NOW!!!!

Nixernator

Smash Ace
1. Tibz
2. Amaterasu
3/4. Attila
3/4. Shaya? (not sure on these results)
5. DJbrowny
Thats all I know, I"m not too sure.

And I came dead last. Played horrible, don't know why I bother sometimes :p. I didn't lose a game at 64 tho, but I didn't get to play Amaterasu or Shaya

Afropony

Smash Lord
I see Attila comes 3rd or 4th because I'm not there to knock him out haha. Did Cobalt go or did he just play worse then usual?

Unlucky on coming last Nix, how many people attended?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I don't think Cobalt went, maybe about 50 people went? Maybe a bit lesss.
Edit: Unlucky coming last? I deserved it, I played terrible. Maybe I won't use Sonic as much anymore...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
:c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :grin: (Finals) :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c :c

pretty much sums up my day, if anyone was offended by me today, it was because I was very ill, so apologies to all.

GG everyone

I came out of hospital so I could see everyone, was worth it

-------

oh there was lots of recording with commentary so people can look forward to that soon

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Attila = 3rd cause i owned shaya (d3 what?)
i think shaya came 4th, but not 100%.

great turnout, shaya/djbrowny/chris coming too. quality was insane. and vids should be up soon (thanks in advance shaya) so everyone can see the melbourne awesomeness.

shoutouts later

@arfo: ill use snake next time, and we'll see what happens.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yay! Tibs ftw, melbourne represent! =D I wants to see the vids, quick upload them to youtoob! :3

Whats that shaya? Melbourne sucks? =P

Ant1

Smash Ace
lol djbrowny came 5th wat a nub :D
I woulda at least of come 2nd with wolf if i went lololol.
I bet he didn't even counterpick with mk on rainbow cruise. It's an instant win!
Probably will start complaining to me about how wi-fi has made him suck.
Djb rarely beats my wolf, so theoretically i would have gotten a better placing them him.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
Unless i was against shaya, wolf loses bad to marth/dedede

Anyone know the characters the top 5 used?

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Today was lots of fun ^_^, i laughed soo hard at the match with me ricky vs bryan and conor, when bryan had the peach texture which was soo dam funny... ah teh lols :3 sorry for spiking you ricky and kicking us from the doubles D: just playing for fun anyways =P

at the end of the night i just started getting sloppy at brawl, i was too sleepy haha

attilla that second ditto match with lucas made me wanna cry... xD

hmmm rankings coming up soon?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Tibs = Diddy
Chris = MK
Attila = Snake

I think thats right, I dont know the rest lol

@leish: haha yeah that peach was hiarious XD chris has soooo many cool textures, i want homebrew now :3

Ant1

Smash Ace
I know diddy's can be REALLY good, but ur playing MK man!
Just hover above him and d-air! and mach tornado to land/retreat.

Edit - Looking at the matchup now it seems its actually pretty even though. Guess it was expected.
wow my first ever infraction on a forum. sorry for voicing my opinion

Vermy

Smash Champion
MELBOURNE REPREZENT! WOO!
Vermy's recap:
I really played poorly in singles. So disappointed in myself.
Did well in doubles, think me and Ugly came 12th?
Came 9th in Low Tier.
And 5th in Melty Blood wtf. Lol

Shout outs!
Jei: excellent job, really. Couldn't have gone smoother.
X: lol commentarys
Khoa: noooooo! We failed! Practice did nothing! Jk
Condog: Grudge matches are awesome
Earl: you got some sweet ATs with link, son.
Meteor: why for you nom my fire with psi magnet. =( gg
Leisha: how did you get so good so fast?! Gg
Bryan: we still haven't played each other lol.
Gary: knocked me outta singles! Ah well, glad to see you using a gc controller
Tibz: just wow. Amazing. Best matches I have EVER seen in my life. You've done Melbourne proud. Close match in low tier =p
Attila: Won low tier? So...tibz wins singles, Tibs + Attila win doubles. Wow. You guys just dominate.
Tak: MELTY BLOOD! SO GOOD. MOAR.
Cao: =/ not your cheery woxy self today. Hope you're feelin better. <3
Drixon Sypher: Dair>fsmash. I did not see that coming. Gg.
Dekar: you are handsome.
Chris: good to see you, your matches were hella entertaining. And texture hacks = win.
DJbrowny: didn't get to vs you. Lame. Next time.
Milk + JJJJJ...j?: good to see another pt. Good matches, hope to see you guys again.
Everyone else I missed: you're all awesome. So many people have gotten so much better. Sh*t just got real.
Shaya: how do your words taste? Are they bitter? Hard to swallow?

MELBOURNE > NSW

Vermy: you suck. Get better. Still #1 PT in melbourne. ^_^

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
But amaterasu losing to a diddy with MK is laffable.
Seriously.
This is totally inappropriate - especially with the lack of knowledge and context from this tournament.

Derogatory comments are not welcome anywhere around here.

tibs7

Smash Champion
omg what a day, seriously. Thanks for all the support I needed it badly. Beating chris is finals 4/6 times was not easy and yeah home advantage helped I guess =) congrats to chris tho very very good player! Shoutouts will be done tomoz I'm sooooo tired.....

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Great day guys. I played real bad this time round, but excuses are just that - Excuses. We could all theoretically say 'If I was on top of my game...' Though I also claim partial bracket ****. Chris first round? Bah! Perhaps I should learn a high tier and conform to the pressure...

Back to the point, I'm sure everyone was just playing way better this month, hence my poor play. I would do shoutouts, but what else is there to say? Everyone was Awesome. 'Nuff said. Yes, even you Nixernator, though I should really stop playing you - you're teaching me to sandbag. =P

smopup

Smash Journeyman
I know diddy's can be REALLY good, but ur playing MK man!
Just hover above him and d-air! and mach tornado to land/retreat.

Edit - Looking at the matchup now it seems its actually pretty even though. Guess it was expected.
wow my first ever infraction on a forum. sorry for voicing my opinion
M2K himself recently said that he thinks the Diddy-Meta Knight match up is even (I lurk this place too much haha). Dunno what makes you think it's so easy for Meta Knight.

I look forward to some videos. It sounds like there were a lot of good players. :)

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
*creates an account to just to post here* :laugh:

that was my first tourney,
was good fun :)

lotsa skilled players in melbourne :|

thoroughly enjoyed myself and looking forward to the next one!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
wow, so much for us trash talking you guys...
now I cant wait for rambo to rocky, and I 'm really looking forward to that match Attila I think I could learn alot from that.
also tibs is like pwn

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
Awsome day :D.

Just ordered a proper Gamecube control from japan so i can use Falco next month =).

ohh and is there any 1 who lives south of cbd like around Moorabbin or somewhere that wants to brawl sometime? cos im kinda over playing comps for practice

btw very nice work tibs

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
= Stigma B 26/04/09 =
Entrants: 46.

1 Tibs (Diddy)
2 Amaterasu (Metaknight)
3 Attila (Snake)
4 Shaya (Marth)
5 DJBrowny (Lucario)
5 Nicks (MetaKnight)
7 Dekar (G&W, Marth)
7 Drixon Sypher (Fox)

MELBOURNE REPREZENT! WOO!
Shaya: how do your words taste? Are they bitter? Hard to swallow?

MELBOURNE > NSW
Doubtful. My words still hold much merit. If melbourne was so good, it wouldn't have let 3 out of their top 8 be out of staters ;)
Tibz and Attila are definitely a cut above :bee:
Fun games, didn't feel I did the best I could of, and my matches with attila were insanely close, wtf fsmash hitting from behind, lame. Hope to play yas soon!
And when I felt I was ready to beat up Chris, I never got the opportunity too :(. Focussed all my effort into meta matchups; I got to really work on Diddy :(
Oh and DJBrowny, ho ho ho, let's just say I have a lot more faith in Adelaide now :). Don't worry guys, I'm at least semi-legit.
Also Ant, you can't blame either myself or Chris for losing to Diddy Kong, our only practice ever against Diddy is fighting the MOST CAMPIEST CAMPY CAMP style of play ever (Hi Vyse)

Anyway **** this, 20 to 8 in the morning 8am, and I just got home and I got like uni in a couple of hours, but I don't have a voice, and my head hurts, and I need caffeine in my veins, but I want to sleep, but I have uni, ughh.

Doubles was fun, I still suck at recovering with Wario though :chuckle:

Did someone say commentary? All I heard was CAO repeating "Oh man I love 'I am gay' so much" constantly over and over again on the microphone. Poor show CAO.

Bit disappointed you had such bad health issues happening CAO, half the trip was SEEING CAO FOR EPICNESS, and when I saw you, eventually, after you gave me a humongous shock that you were in hospital [:(] you looked so unwell - it made me sad, you shouldn't be putting yourself through so much, I'm surprised your sister let you go... Glad I got to see you still! Probably would have missed my train if you weren't there guiding Sam!

SAM YOU'RE AWESOME.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol i didnt sleep on the bus, 28 hours awake wtf.

I acheived pretty much everything i set out to do which was awesome :) and with no /MK/Snake to my name for the first time in ages hahaha. Doubles is always the best. double dtilt lock on the wall lmao :D infinite thanks to jei for getting me from airport and staying at his house, no way i could have come without that help.

I might post more once ive got some sleep >_>

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Shout outs!

Chris: bad luck man, i thought you had it. our matches were heaps fun too, look forward to a rematch. and keep your eyes on my c4s lol
Tibor: no, im not gonna start calling you tibs. i refuse. nice work bro, but low tier is defs my domain
Cao: poor cao! get well soon so we can play more low tier!
Jei: much better with no groups, nicely done. low tier kinda got ignored though :'( our match was seriously intense... youre catching up...
X: didnt get to play each other, but love your enthusiastic commentary :)
Bryan: a whole day without us versing each other? werent you lucky hehe
Tanman: bad luck with matchups this month man, we'll play next time
condog: barely saw you, and didnt verse you once. *sad*
Tak: lol @ melty blood. lots of fun. but not as much fun as low tier :D
Leisha: rather impressive. your team matches were amazing!
meteor: same as leisha
earl: love your link, but you got unlucky with your matchups man. we'll train snakes soon
nick: you almost had tibs! i couldve versed you again in the semis! practice hard so i can get more mk practice :)
dekar: where the hell were you hiding? i saw you walk in, then didnt see you again
djbrowny: fun in doubles, wanted to face you in singles man
khoa: where was falco? i hate him more than mk!
DS: almost came to the low tier finals. next time :)
anyone ive forgotten or who's names i cant remember: much love and see you next month

and last but by no means least:

Shaya: close? thats a matter of opinion. i had you from start to finish. even with snake against d3 on a stage with walkoffs, and where you chaingrabed me from 20% to 140% against a wall. i guess im not the noob you owned in january anymore. look forward to a rematch. oh, and melbourne totally beat the best from the other 3 competitive states yesterday. pretty sure that makes us no1 :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Johns, lots of them.

*coughs*
*sneezes*
*limps [left leg]*
*lost voice*
*fevers all over the place*

Wait, johning? Oh, sorry, I was just preparing myself for when the doctor will see me and be like "wtf, did you get hit by a train or something?"

I'm pretty sure Sydney has what it takes to beat out Melbourne in a 5 v 5 crew battle :D. Wait... people don't know how to handle Cobalt yet. ****.

Make it 8 v 8.

Toby.

Smash Master
*sigh*

I hope this doesn't degenerate into an argument about whether shaya lost by a lot or a little.

I think its fairly parochial to claim that one state is better than the other, especially from the evidence of a single tournament where the top 5 featured players from every state in attendence anyway >.>

To use an analogy, it would be like me claiming that wollongong (my home town) is the best brawl town in NSW because I won a tournament.

I'd prefer it if we dropped the "my state is better than yours", if only because it fosters seperation and antagonism. We would all improve more rapidly if we just got along and were happy to support people better or worse than us without having to constantly remind them that they suck.

Anyway!

I've been hearing awesome things about Attilla and Tibz in particular, so I can't wait to see some tournament videos soon :D

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I'll do my Shout outs later tonight hopefully. Bit busy today and I can't remember half the People I fought in singles or who I fought in doubles, so I'll probably end up thinking bout that all day instead of doing what i'm supposed to be doing, haha

But if i'm lucky i might have it within the next hour, But I don't think i'll be that lucky.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
top 3 = scotch alum... cmon bryan step it up! i'll train you since you keep asking me :)

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Hey guys, yesterday was a great tourney with good numbers of people and tvs, and I thought it was impressive how well everything ran in general, thanks to Jei and X for organising things =)

Tibor: It was amazing how you managed to take back every game, some really great comebacks and great aggressive Diddy play managed to overwhelm me in the end. Each match was really intense and I really enjoyed the competetive spirit that you portrayed throughout our matches, really great thing to see in the Melb scene and I hope you keep it up =)
No Johns in our matches, you played better than me yesterday, so congratz on your win and I'll see what I can whip up for you when Rocky rocks around =D

Atilla: Your snake was one of the hardest I have ever versed, and it is really evident that you are pretty lethal with him, our matches were also really intense and fun, I know that you felt that you hadn't much experience with the MK matchup, but despite that you did an awesome job. Spacing with projectiles and tilts were pretty impressive, so yeah, also conrgrats on your placing! Oh btw, lol at low tier, I got a massive payback for the snake/mk matchup, things happened so fast that I was like 'what? o.O'

Tanman: I didn't know who you were before yesterday, but when you confidently picked sonic, I knew something was up haha. You really shocked me in our matches, I really thought that my first match would be a good warmup, but you really brought on the heat with your sonic. I don't think I've ever had to treat a sonic with so much thought and tact while playing as mk. Your style of play seemed to me very unique and it was admirable that you played and knew sonic so well, hope to play some games with you again some time!

Jei: We just didn't have what it took for teams this time, just didn't bond enough or something lol (hint hint jk) But yeah, thanks for teaming with me, we had some good team matches! And btw, rematch me in melee =D

Leisha: I was also impressed by your lucas, in teams it was tearing us apart at some times, really impressive use of lucas and his advanced techs. I hope you keep up your brawl game, cause I could see you in no time ripping the melb scene apart with him hehe

Meteor: Me and Bryan were discussing you in the car yesterday about how awesome your Ness is. Amazing how many times you can spike me, or bat me, or just generally **** me with any of Ness' moves. In teams it was pretty scary facing off against you lol, we'll catch up soon I hope!

DJBrowny: We didn't get to chat too much, we've prob done more chatting in the Lucario/Pikachu IRC room lol. Can't believe you got me twice in teams in that 1v1, really impressive that you brought it back like that, I think Shaya brawlgasmed over that play haha. I saw some matches of your Lucario throughout aswell, and it was great to see him being played so well!

Shaya: Lol. What to say, better luck next time? Hate your wario, hate your marth, liked your leather jacket that taught the melb people a thing about fashion hehe. Nah, overall even though you think you didn't play as well as you could have, I still see you as one of the best players that I've come across even with all your Johning, oh and yes, we'll **** all teams come Rocky =D

Bryan: When I saw your Brawl peach I was impressed, you are playing her quite solidly, and I could see that you were forcing people to take her seriously! Melee Peach is just lol, combo me to 60% then you get triple kneed, work on your DI lol

Cao: Sucks that I had to see you in such a state yesterday, I hope things get better for you soon. Don't feel too bad about losing the weight because I'm guessing most of it will be water anyway!

-Theres a few players I haven't mentioned, but if I ranted on about how much the scene has changed etc, it would go on for a whole page or so. But yeah, I just want to say how impressed I was at the Brawl scene, at both the massive growth of the number of players and with that, the overall skill level. It is really great to see the game being played so skillfully, and it has really motivated me to try harder with my own characters in brawl =)

-So yeah, just finally, about the interstate rivaly. I also think it isn't helpful to say whether X state is better than Y state, more focus on progression of players via encouragement is something which I would like to see =)

tibs7

Smash Champion
at uni and bored so shoutout time! hehe

Chris: what attila said, bad luck! i thought you had me too. you made me realise even more how broken meta is, it was soo hard to hit you, stay still! i have literally like no meta experience, i need to learn more about it.
Attila: beating you in a tournament makes me feel bad, in that third match against chris, i seriously thought you had him.....next time
Cao: you were like a zombie when you first came but when finals came you were back to normal cao haha next month dont be almost dying on me yeah?
Condog: impressive IC's man...earl was telling me "omg condog has improved so much he full cgs now" haha keep it up!
Shaya: king johns haha nah real nice guy, will defs verse you again sometime! put vids up asap! =)
Forte: i <3 you, lollies were awesome haha
X: what attila said, you were going nuts haha sooo funny
DJb: only versed you in doubles against your meta was good!! come again sometime.
NIcks: omg i was getting so angry versing you hahaa, you were like 1 dsmash away from winning! next time dont cp norfair =P
Earl: love the melbourne spirit haha only saw you vs chris =( your really good still come next month
Dekar: funny mann, you GnW is gay.. and i <3 you also =)
Tak: fully obsessed with melty, and i can see why its sooo crazy i want it, i want it now!
Tanman: omg chris first round unlucky, defs best in bedigo haha
and last but not least bryan: i told you i could beat chris! didnt really see peach, yeah get cao to train you haha, as i always say come to my place whenever uleh!

and to everyone else: keep coming to these tournaments as we want melbourne to be the best smashers out (like we arent already geez =P).
and cao seriously hope you get better!

EDIT: omg forgot vermy: absolute mad dog, yes PT was very close to a win, you're improving rapidly. PT rep yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom