• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yeh toshi was amazing in melee teams last months too
greatest teams player in melbourne maybe? so entertaining to watch

joeyjoeyjoejoe

Smash Apprentice
Toshi is an awesome partner. His Diddy and my Fox worked well together.
lol yeah fine, hes pro

i rmr that tourny, me and a friend versed you (and lost) in doubles. you guys then overheard our counterpick and then banned it. then afterall that, it turned out we werent supposed to play at all :dizzy::laugh:

good times

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
lol yeah fine, hes pro

i rmr that tourny, me and a friend versed you (and lost) in doubles. you guys then overheard our counterpick and then banned it. then afterall that, it turned out we werent supposed to play at all :dizzy::laugh:

good times
Haha, yeah good times. Ithink you then continued on and knocked out my brother and mate, haha

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Thanks for coming to my meet guys, good times. Results here if anyone cares.
Low tier
1: Afropony (Mario)
2: Nixernator (Bowser, Ganon, Falcon, Lucas)
3: Jei (Yoshi, jigglypuff)
4: Condog (Lucas)
5: Haydino (Ness)
5: Atlasmist (Ganon, Mario)
7: Splice (Ganon, Bowser)
7: Khoa (Ditto)

Doubles
1: Team Chibi (Splice + Khoa)
2: Ultra gay (Jei + Afropony)
3: Haydino + Condog
4: The leftovers (Atlas + Nixernator)

Singles
1: Afro (Pit, MK)
2: Splice (Game and Win)
3: Haydino (See above)
4: Khoa (D3, Diddy, MK)
5: Nixernator (ZSS, Snake (lol))
5: Jei (Pit, MK)
7: Atlasmist (MK, GnW)
7: Condog (Kirby, Lucas)

Crews:
Team Splice : Splice, Jei, Nixernator, Condog
Team Afro: Afropony, Haydino, Khoa, Atlas
Results:
Splice > Afro with 1 stock left
Haydino > Splice with 2 Stock left
Nixernator > Haydino with 2 Stock left
Nixernator > Atlas with 1 Stock left
Khoa > Nixernator with 3 stock left
Khoa > Condog with 1 stock left
Jei > Khoa with 3 stock left

Team Splice won by 3 stock.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Toshi is an awesome partner. His Diddy and my Fox worked well together.
yeh toshi was amazing in melee teams last months too
greatest teams player in melbourne maybe? so entertaining to watch
Aww, quit it. You're making me blush :chuckle:

Cant ditch toshi
unforntunately
:laugh:
What's that suppose to mean? >=(

Can't wait for this Stigma. Hopefully we can get some melee action going. I miss melee =(

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Hey guys. I've been inactive for a while now. I've been busy with VCE and other stuff and I've totally forgot about the smash scene (stupid tf2). I don't really care about getting a 99+ ENTER but I won't be coming to tournaments this year at all. I'll most likely be back next year though so stay tuned :)

P.S. Redact no I'm not coming to Rocky...unless you gimme a big hug.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
"And the people of Sydney rejoiced for years and years..."

Cobalt I'll give you 30 Redact sized hugs a day all the way up until Rocky just so you will come...

Oh btw people, it seems that both our power-television-bringers (Ugly + Drixon) aren't coming to this tournament so we will be like 6 tv's short this STIGMA so unless a few more people bring a few more tv's, I might have to scrap Pools from the schedule due to time hindrance...I don't really wanna do that and I'm sorry if it comes down to it but with so many tv's missing I really can't see Pools running...

Help out by bringing some tv's if you can please...pretty please?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Probably should re-instate the whole 'free entry to ppl who bring TV's' thing just to get our numbers up again......
Then again I could just scrap Pools and have the JINXED vs ASSAULT as some kind of main event with recording and all...

Someone please comment I'm dieing here..

Splice

Smash Hero
Hi Jei. I think we should have Pools just put more people onto each TV and let like 4 people through each Pool. Will friendlies be allowed during the Crew battle? That would be fine because then I could still get a good warm up, although Pools are much better in my books but hey.

How many TVs do we have and how many do we need?

Also I want all my matches, even ones where im nowhere near the finals recorded, as I need to get some Feedback from the GaW boards.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
More people per pool doesnt work, since it vastly increases the number of games that needs to be played. Better to do it as normal, just assign multiple pools to a tv as neccessary.

EDIT: Splice, you cant say you want all your matches recorded. Thats unfair on other people who want matches recorded =/

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
There's no way of predicting how many people will turn up and who is bringing TVs so really a decision needs to be made on the actual day. The way things are going though it really does look like Pools won't happen, 6 TVs is an enormous dent in our usual number.

Though I agree Splice, I really want to do Pools. I'll try as hard as I can to squeeze in any possibilities but at the moment all 'm hoping for is more people bringing TVs.

Is Tanman and Edge_g coming this month? Or can they also not make it because Drix isn't driving...just want to know because it's usually Tanman who produces the recrding equipment...

_X_

Smash Lord
@Jei, I think half price for T.V bringers depending on what want (EDIT: what PEOPLE want (left mistake for epic lulz)). The less money goes in the less you'll get out of your pot. It doesn't affect us at all.

@Splice <3

In regards to friendlies during Crews; don't you think it ruins the atmosphere when you don't have everyone around, watching the madness happen?

Match recordings have to do with Tanman, talk to him it has nothing to do with anyone else.

Splice

Smash Hero
@Connor :
How is it unfair? By getting my matches recorded, other people get their matches recorded too!
It's only like, 5 matches max that I'll be playing in, and others can have their matches recorded too It won't take a lot of time, If they want their matches recorded they would wait for that TV too.
I don't see why it should be a problem...

Kazejimonji

Smash Rookie
Hi guys.
I'm not sure if anyone has said this but EB Games in Swanston will have SSBB on for only Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. If ur in the city then come and join if you can.
Cheers! XD

Splice

Smash Hero
Ok sorry I wont get my matches recorded i wouldve liked to get some feedback for Rocky thats all, dont have to jump on my back.

Pity they dont have smash at EB on Thursdays, perhaps we should move N2C meets to a different date.

Haydino

Smash Cadet
Im not gonna be able to make it to this Stigma (:() so ill see you all at Rocky

also Ty for organising the meet Nix was great. Sorry I left so quickly

tibs7

Smash Champion
oh mannn TV troubles. i could potentially take 3 TV's.Potentially coz it depends on bryan picking me up and taking me home. So convince him to take me and you have +3 Tv's. yeah tanman should be coming to this, he wouldve told me otherwise.....

earla

Smash Lord
welcome Kazejimonji. you're very welcome to come this sunday to stigma.

Toby.

Smash Master
Luke be reasonable. 15km to jei's 20kms to everyone else.

That's 35km. That would take over 2 hours travelling at a blistering 15km per hour. And honestly I wouldn't want anyone to drive that fast. It's just a game. We don't want to put anyone's life at risk.

I hope you've seen some sense now luke.

Vermy

Smash Champion
If by "puppies" you mean "babies" and by "die" you mean "Vermy eats them in a dark room" then you'd be correct.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
ahh right, of course toby, I wasnt thinking 4th dimensionally.
I should have factored in the average speed when travelling the circumfrance of a stalated rhombecube octahydron and then multiplied that by the wind speed (depending on the moon's cycle of course) and added an extra hour or so, its incredibly difficult to even maintian a constant pace of 10kms an hour let alone 15, thats just suicide, absoulte madness.

you sick people need to start thinking of your futures and the consequences of your actions!

Vermy

Smash Champion
We did just have a tourney 2 weeks ago, and Rocky is next week. People might want to save their money. Thus Ugly isn't coming, since he's working for money. If I had a car I'd do the whole shebang, but alas I don't. =(

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Should be able to come down guys. I mean, the Coke Car is all fixed up from the accident, and parents gave me the A-Ok to attempt driving down and back again. Provided she can fit two tvs in the back, should be bringing them and recording equipment (And Edge.) As for getting the matches, I seriously just don't have the time I used to what with Uni and a social life and such , so all the recordings should be taken by someone who will actually do something with them. In Raw format, they're about 200MB per match I think, so even a 2 GB flashdrive will get you 3 or so of your sets. Hopefully I'll remember/be bothered to burn all the matches to a couple of discs for Tibs so you can pester him for them ^^;

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I'll be satisfied if just the crews were recorded lol.

Which reminds me, Vermy post ur lineup for assault. It will be 6v6 unless we need to extend to 7v7.

JINXED will be

Jei
IceK
X
Devil
Khoa
Nay if I can get him to come...
Probs have a spot available because Nay's attendance is bleak..

I didn't post characters because they are likely to change, chance of me entering using a different character depending on who I'm cp'ing is likely...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
melbourne has commitment issues, obviously

but srsly, nsw players travel a lot further with a lot less complaining than you guys do
I agree, but the Bendigo crew are an exception. :)

Tanman - do you think Bendigo are able to recommit to bringing TV's for Rocky now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom