• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
And you will lead them to glory!

anyway I have updated the ranbats.

congrats to CAO and Scoot for munching those Singles points and Afropony for a +7 in doubles. I would like to think I played a little part in that ;)
Devil's placement in doubles is looking quite juicy also.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
im amazing for not even living there

i wish i lived there

/says it all the time, i swear it'll happen eventually
You could be more amazing if you DID live here, Melbourne is automatically cooler than Sydney.

Sry Vermy maybe next month? Organizing crews of 4 will be a hassle by itself. Low Tiers in the morning > Doubles > Pools > Bracket is what it's looking like at the moment.
I'll probably make the schedule sometime tomorrow.

swordsaint

Smash Master
haha nix, you'll stay ahead of me, i wont be at the next stigma because there's likely gonna be a sydney tourney

use that to solidify yourself :p

and I very likely wont have the cash to fly down much next stigma season anyway, who knows though, can always hope for a miracle

miracles are called powerball on earth

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Lulz no one give him a ride =P.
Come live her Scoot you're totally cool enough to hang with the cool guys in melb. You even teamed with one of us, honorary melb resident.

Edit: Quietly hoping for a suprise 64 tourny :p

Afropony

Smash Lord
And you will lead them to glory!

anyway I have updated the ranbats.

congrats to CAO and Scoot for munching those Singles points and Afropony for a +7 in doubles. I would like to think I played a little part in that ;)
Devil's placement in doubles is looking quite juicy also.
Yes +7 in doubles :)
I'm surprised Ledge is so low on the list, he gives me heaps of trouble.

Can't wait for monday it's going to be so fun!

Maybe we should do scrambled eggs crews one time, that would be interesting.

Khoa, I played MKW today and have beaten all of the elite times or whatever they're called :). My Shy Guy Beach time is so pro ;).

earla

Smash Lord
nicks should be in the melbourne A crew. pro wario, mk and has only missed one stigma al year, dedication deserves a spot.

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Just lurking the SQUAT thread, and saw this listed at the top of the ruleset

"Golden Rule: If players wish to alter or ignore any of the following rules with rules more familiar to them (such as ‘random starter select’ instead of stage strike) they may on the premise that all parties to the matter agree to it before hand."

Seems like a great idea to me, for example, at the last stigma, I asked quite a few of my opponents if they agreed to remove Yoshi's Island from the neutrals, due to it being a kind of crappy stage that I personally dislike. Aside from making the matches more enjoyable personally, it allowed for stage striking to occur, rather than having matches based off of luck due to the random stage select. I don't think this would detract from the ruleset in anyway, since any 'negative' changes to the ruleset people won't like would have to be agreed upon, whilst 'positive' changes can be made by the players own decisions. So for example, people could add Lylat to the random stage select/add a stage for striking, play a neutrals only round, or agree to more stage bans or anything else you can think of. This seems like a great addition to the Stigma ruleset, as it allows more freedom with the game, whilst not detracting from the experiences of people who won't to play as per normal, due to them having to agree to any changes (although whether or not this rule would be allowed in finals is a seperate matter).

Unrelated Edit:
In unrelated, awesome news, I am now going to make it to Stigma B for Singles, or atleast some friendlies. I'll probably get there around 3:30, maybe earlier if singles starts earlier though.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
wish i could come, but can't

oh and uh, WOXY WUBBLES CUTE etc
(anti-infraction insurance)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
"Golden Rule: If players wish to alter or ignore any of the following rules with rules more familiar to them (such as ‘random starter select’ instead of stage strike) they may on the premise that all parties to the matter agree to it before hand."

Aside from making the matches more enjoyable personally, it allowed for stage striking to occur, rather than having matches based off of luck due to the random stage select.
The 4 starter stages are neutrals, whether your character is good on a neutral or not, those 4 stages were chosen so it would be as fair on both players as possible. I personally don't believe that any first matches on neutral stages are "based off luck".
You still have your one stage strike at the start and a counterpick if you lose.

However, no one has had any negative feedback on the whole "if both players agree" thing in relation to stages so you all can do whatever the hell you want for all I care. Just as long as you change it to the four neutral stages once you're done with your match.

On that note, I posted these rules based on the official SBR ruleset and this is how it will stay. Alfa you should know that we have been doing this all year and we aren't about to start adding/removing rules.

In other unrelated news, I have updated the schedule on the OP but here it is anyway:

Date: Sunday the 4th of October

Time: 10.00am - 10.00pm

9.00am - 9.45am: Set-up and friendlies*
9.45am - 10.00am: Low Tier Registration
10.00am - 11.45am: Low Tier Tournament
11.45pm - 12.00pm: Doubles Registration
12.00pm - 3.00pm: Doubles Tournament
3.00pm - 3.15pm: Singles Registration
3.15pm - 3.30pm: 15 minute break**
3.30pm - 7.00pm: Pools
7.00pm - 9.00pm: Singles Tournament
9.00pm - 10.00pm: Pack-up and gtfo***

This is subject to change and most of it is just a guideline. I would very much like it if we can stick to this guideline so I will be DQing anyone playing friendlies without mine or X's permission.
If we manage to get this done nice and quickly then we may have time for a Crew battle after Singles. Imagine that: Low Tier, Pools and a Crew battle all in one tournament ooh.

Oh and during all of this we'll try to find some time to get the JINXED vs ASSAULT battle going...shouldn't be a problem.

earla

Smash Lord
yo, EB games has smash on the big screen all of mon, wed, fridays this week if anyones in the city.

seeding for doubles and singles?

Vermy

Smash Champion
HI BRY-BRY! ^.^

I finished work at 10:45, took 2 trams and walked 40 mins past a 7-11 that got held up, and was stopped by cops and questioned. I don't feel like sleeping. ;_;

That and i've eaten half a large pack of Skittles so i'm hyped up on sugar.

KHOA IF YOU READ THIS I'M WORKING TOMORROW FROM 3:30-11, COME TO HP FOR DINNORZ. I'LL HAVE BREAK AROUND 7:00, WE CAN GET NANDOS! =D

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
lol!

well, i was suffering from massive sleep debt and collapsed at 3pm and woke up at 11pm :\ So that means i probably woke up at the same time as americans lol.

haha u get hyped up from skittles? *hopes leisha doesnt read this*

tibs7

Smash Champion
bryan is a zombie...and should also come to my place like everyday to practice smash since i dont have a wii anymore =(

Vermy

Smash Champion
Hi Attiladactyl =D
Enjoying REAL sushi? =3

So it turns out Ugly can't come to this Stigma. I am in need of a team partner, who's the lucky S.O.B who'll team with me? J4? ViVa? I mention you two because I'd like to see more of what you can do first hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom