• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think it all boils down to large variances in perception of the game. Even amongst individual characters, certain players like different match-ups.

Acryte

Smash Ace
mewtwo vs falco on advantage chart should be -2 not -3, its not THAT bad a matchup as taj has shown, and falco doesn't kill off the top like fox so mewtwo has less disadvantage due to his light weight than in the fox matchup. -2 is fair, but not -3

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Why dont we just keep statistics of match-up win rate in tournament? All characters who have 0 tournament representation can be given -3 in all match-ups because they dont matter anyways.

GOD!

Smash Ace
when you say "we" does that mean you're volunteering?

Sounds like a lot of work. Like brawl character rankings except harder cause tournament results aren't as easy to get and there aren't as many tournaments.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
how many matchups are there

64 chart only worked so well because the number of matchups was double digit and almost all of them were played by multiple people

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
U weren't supposed to take my post seriously. I'm not sure what the word is for it, but its meant to make you think a little bit and come to an opposite conclusion.

Pi

Smash Hero
The trick is to just make a chart
And then after a while it will be generally accepted
With people regurgitating the numbers listed here on this chart

So basically, gratz on your finished chart
no one else is going to step up
I can't believe you stuck with it for so long any way

Besides who gives a **** if a matchup is accurate or not, the goal is to win.

GOD!

Smash Ace
wow that scary

apparently someone in the fox thread proved with their reasoning that trolling and sarcasm were both impossible.
so yeah.

GOD!

Smash Ace
lol haha

but I don't think these guys are smart enough to be sarcastic about not being sarcastic.

You could be right though lol I hadn't even thought of that!

GOD!

Smash Ace
loool

I wish. That would be better than the alternative.

that everyone in their are pretty much pompous idiots

sad day. Back to the match up chart...

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Yeah GOD!, everybody thinks you're adorable and all, but why don't you just stop?

You're pretty much ruining whatever slim chance you might've had of becoming a respected, contributing member of the community. And for what?

ST players still can't come to a consensus over this stuff even after sixteen YEARS of that game being played all over the world. It's not a big deal if there's a few controversial matchups.

Anyway, I'm sad to see that the thirtieth iteration of the chart is being abandoned (by the looks of it).

GOD!

Smash Ace
Yeah GOD!, everybody thinks you're adorable and all, but why don't you just stop?

You're pretty much ruining whatever slim chance you might've had of becoming a respected, contributing member of the community. And for what?

ST players still can't come to a consensus over this stuff even after sixteen YEARS of that game being played all over the world. It's not a big deal if there's a few controversial matchups.

Anyway, I'm sad to see that the thirtieth iteration of the chart is being abandoned (by the looks of it).
listen up *****

if I want to talk to you ill go out to my cellar and unchain your mom and then she'll tell you you can speak

until then keep your mouth shut ******

thanks yeah I dont really care about getting the respect of a bunch of idiots like you. As soon as you speak for the whole community I will kill myself, but not everyone is as dumb as you, thanks.

please carry on with this thread.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
LOL so basically you read about trolling on 4chan and decided you wanted to be a fake Internet tough guy. Gosh I just want to pinch your cheeks!

P.S. I'm a known and respected member of the community, at least amongst EC players. Whereas you're... some scrub who tried to troll the Fox Q&A thread a few times... Good for you, man. I'm ignoring you now.

Carry on with the Mewtwo vs. Zelda discussion or whatever.

GOD!

Smash Ace
zoso you're a scrub who gets respect from a handful of teenagers who are worse than you.

Lol who cares if I'm not good if a) I'm waaaaaaaaaay more intelligent than you and 2) I'm improving waaaaaaay waaaaay faster than you are.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
That would be extremely ambiguous. And almost everyone would complain. There would be horrible flames for miles and the mods would need to get involved and ban, infract, ban, infract. It would be chaos!

Let's do it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Yea GOD! is such a weenie. There's a difference between being a troll and an idiot.

I really wish I had something to add but this thread has no direction anymore, and I dont know how to fix it. Now that we have separated all of the characters, I think any possible sparks for discussion are gone.

I think the char spec threads should all be closed an attemps to centralize the discussion are better. In this case too much is much better than too little.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Yea GOD! is such a weenie. There's a difference between being a troll and an idiot.

I really wish I had something to add but this thread has no direction anymore, and I dont know how to fix it. Now that we have separated all of the characters, I think any possible sparks for discussion are gone.

I think the char spec threads should all be closed an attemps to centralize the discussion are better. In this case too much is much better than too little.
I love when I find posts by you I can agree with...

GOD! is a moron and probably couldn't beat ICG in Melee...

N64

Smash Champion
So the pika list is done. Axe, Chad, Zigzag, and I compiled it. I know teh_Icy is giving this up and all, but in case someone inevitably (hi KK) picks this back up, this is it. Controversy ensured.

Pika's matcups:
Fox 35:65
Falco 35:65
Jigglypuff 35:65
Sheik 20:80
Marth 40:60
Falcon 45:55
Peach 35:65
ICs 30:70
Ganon 50:50
Samus 45:55
Doc 40:60
Luigi 40:60
Pika 50:50
Mario 40:60
DK 55:45
Link 50:50
Zelda 60:40
M2 60:40
Roy 60:40
YL 55:45
G&W 55:45
Yoshi 55:45
Ness 65:35
Bowser 65:35
Pichu 70:30
Kirby 65:35

These numbers are based on the following reasoning. The number represents the average number of games out of 100 (or just the average percentage of games) that each character will win in a head to head given the following:
1. Both players are of equal skill, and are at high-top level
2. Both players have equal matchup knowledge of this particular matchup, and are very familiar with it
3. Both players are in good mental and physical shape, i.e. playing well
4. Common tournament rules are in place
5. Matches are played on a tournament neutral random stage (if particular stages swing matchups significantly, the average of the stages' affects on the matchup is taken)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Tl;DR: Pikachu sucks.

:)?

Edit: Thank you for being a realistic group of low tier mains... those seem hard to find.

Dart!

Smash Master
So the pika list is done. Axe, Chad, Zigzag, and I compiled it. I know teh_Icy is giving this up and all, but in case someone inevitably (hi KK) picks this back up, this is it. Controversy ensured.

Pika's matcups:
Jigglypuff 35:65
Sheik 20:80
Stolen from the marth boards i see :oneeye:

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
fox.........20-80
falcon.....25-75
Puff........25-75
peach.....30-70

marth.....35-65
ganon.....35-65