• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Three events?

I thought he was only taking two?

::shrug::

I'll be there and I'm always willing to help. We'll see how Super Mass Bros. goes and if I can get three events to run smoothly.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
were doin three events but hes only asking for two votes from each person.
anyways, do alot of the people who play brawl play melee too? If not we could just start brawl halfway through melee teams, and than melee singles halfway through brawl. That way there wouldn't be much of a time constraint. It would also make sense for someone else to run the brawl portion if they are gonna overlap.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Ace is going, he is the tourney host helper master. He will think of something. (blind ambition)
ace helped out with the last couple, didn't he? and those didn't go.........smoothly.
I like the overlapping brawl singles with melee doubles idea.

Honestly, going to a tournament is a great reality check. My first made me strive to get better.
this. you get to play good people at tournies.
friendly as many good/awesome people as you can.

Spife

Smash Master
Why don't we do the most popular brawl event, the most popular melee event, and then decided the third event via coin flip? If you forget that certain combinations will take 2 days and certain combinations will take 8 hours, it sounds like a good idea ^.^

Uh second vote is the brawl event that takes less time. I'm not joking, and am not sure which one that is.

On the thought of overlap, not a bad idea, but I remember we over lapped once and there were no friendly set ups ;-; so people who fell under what ever category that I did (who don't enter both tournies) didn't play T_T

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
pretty sure it would take less time, since there would be less teams than brawl single entrants and less camping.

Cia

das kwl
LOLOL @ dothack. I don't think I've ever seen something more ironic. I'd sig that if my sig weren't already amazing.

Melee singles + Melee Doubles.

:D

DotHack

Smash Apprentice
Samus's Zair is too sexy for melee. =]

Edit: Bah humbug. Misinterpretation.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
To anybody that lives close by or is in the area that day. There is a fighting game night at Game Universe and we are trying to get as many fighters as possible to go. It will be a mix of games and both SSBM and SSBB will be there. If there is enough people there may even be a small tourney so come down and get some practice in. The list of the other games that will be in the link also and post if you think you can go.

Here's the link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214200

Almo

Smash Ace
Agr33d.
lol, almo, of course I have a camera. I'm, like, 7 pages late, but yeah.
lulz i wuz leik, wered he go?

Alright cool, now i'm even more hyped for this. How long did you intend on staying for this? Cause it's not uncommon for me to leave early around 6 or 7, but i would probably stay later if there was fun stuff to record.

To anybody that lives close by or is in the area that day. There is a fighting game night at Game Universe and we are trying to get as many fighters as possible to go. It will be a mix of games and both SSBM and SSBB will be there. If there is enough people there may even be a small tourney so come down and get some practice in. The list of the other games that will be in the link also and post if you think you can go.

Here's the link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214200
AHHH NOOO!!!!!

I would love to go to this, but unfortunately all events seem to happen on weekends i go away. i live 10 minutes away too. bleh. I only play brawl out of all those games, but still, it would be awesome. Plus i loved SC2 so i probably like 4. Raphael ftw.

I will do my best to go to this, but at most it will be for only an hour. :(

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
--foufy--a brawl even HAS to get in--there will be 3 events... >_<
I mean it has a chance of outnumbering melee votes =)
I don't actually care, 1 brawl is enough for me 2join, I would just be amazed to see it.

castorpollux

Smash Champion
I vote for brawl singles and brawl doubles

*prepares to be flamed by melee community*

anyways brawl is way more popular than melee. Just not on smashboards

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I vote for brawl singles and brawl doubles.

I think that if there is a brawl event, it should be singles over doubles...

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
very nice, luckily i live all of 20 minutes away. and since this is in feb. i plan on breathing melee for the nex few weeks to atleast get to a novice level so i can enter :D

first tourny ftw.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
@ROHK- the tournament will not help you at this point 2 be quite honest with you

practice your tech skill against CPU's then come to the tourny and play friendlies ... rent is more important then handing money away fi you you know you have no shot

Jesus is Life
obviously if you need rent then you shouldn't even consider spending gas money to get to a video game tournament.

however, what is this "I have no shot" nonsense?
I'm sure lots of countries don't try for olympic qualifiers because they figure they don't have a shot and **** their national pride and whatnot. Getting tournament experience is the best way to improve. you can practice tech skill at home, but you can't practice experience.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
if you are going to have just one brawl tourney singles is the way to go. Doubles are fun but there is a significant lack of interest in doubles in comparison to singles in my experience. But I guess that will be decided by the votes.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
the rent, was a joke. Its 10 dollars... And sleepy i have taken your advice. i realized that we are in the way beginning of january, so i have plenty of time. And as for 'person v person' ive got a brother to play with who is somewhat ok, and i feel if i can progress against his playing i can possibly hold y own against other amatuers. who knows, we'll see haha..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom