• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 15: The worst TO ever! PC Approved - April 18 and 19 - Framingham, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
MDZ is afraid of brawl so he's trying to kill it. End of story. At least don't get our hopes up MDZ if you didn't even plan on brawl happening in the first place. Won't be coming to this whether it's brawl or not; bad tourney host = fail tourney.

So Fatal

Smash Master
Why are we even voting in the first place. Brawl would outnumber Melee no matter what. And it's best for the store. They need money to pay off the tv's they bought for the halo 3 tournaments. So I really think this should be all brawl..

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
MDZ is afraid of brawl so he's trying to kill it. End of story. At least don't get our hopes up MDZ if you didn't even plan on brawl happening in the first place. Won't be coming to this whether it's brawl or not; bad tourney host = fail tourney.
Man you guys are being dumb. Mainly just you and matt.

I don't hate Brawl. I just don't play it in tournaments. I have ran Brawl tournaments at the past MMs and at this one I did plan on Brawl. I told Jamie that we'd run both.

Brawl will be at this tournament o_O
The three events with the most votes will be done.
The reason behind the voting thing is that I figured instead of having me pick the tournaments the people going can. That way people don't ***** at me about the games played. Apparently that didn't work.

So, yeah.

Eggm

Smash Hero
The reason brawl has more people who come than post is cause all the cool people who are actually worth being around and having fun with are mostly melee smahers who post on smashboards. Everyone else is just uninformed people who think brawl is better cause they lurk these boards and get sucked into things that brawlers say and can't get it out of their heads and because they don't know any better eventually buy it. I call these people pot feeders. They won't exist once a few more mainstream games come out and they move onto them. Then brawl will finally die. :) yay.

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
Man you guys are being dumb. Mainly just you and matt.

I don't hate Brawl. I just don't play it in tournaments. I have ran Brawl tournaments at the past MMs and at this one I did plan on Brawl. I told Jamie that we'd run both.

Brawl will be at this tournament o_O
The three events with the most votes will be done.
The reason behind the voting thing is that I figured instead of having me pick the tournaments the people going can. That way people don't ***** at me about the games played. Apparently that didn't work.

So, yeah.
you still fatso

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Brawl wont exactly die.
It's just if you want Brawl to have both events so badly, Icy, get all the Brawl players who come to the MM tournaments to post for Brawl. Because there are so much more of them.

Also I'm not fat, I'm fluffy.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Eggm you need to stop being a melee elitist on the boards. It's ridiculously annoying. I play both game and am quite good and both of them too ;)

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
i wish i were better so i could play in this lol, i dont wanna go drop a 10 spot to get embarassed...i have rent to think about :p

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
what a scrubitude.
enter tournaments for the experience and play expecting to win and trying your hardest to win

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah, sure. play your best and hardest and don't play with a losing mentality. You can only improve.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
^agreed.

but to me it would make more sense to chill, play other "scrubs" (i.e. neighbors, brother, friend etc.) ,elevate then go out for a tournament knowing i wouldnt be the kid getting the "WTF? who let this kid in?" cuz im sure if i were to play now all id do is insue riots from thunder bolt spamming pikachu, and you cant tell me,
being an established smasher, if you were to happen to lose even one stock to someone like that, it wouldnt piss you off lol...thats the last thing i want. I wnna make some friends haha

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
nah, most of the community is pretty chill, I wouldn't worry about pissing someone off just because you outsmarted them once.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Yeah, best way to get better is to go to tournies. In your case, if only to play friendlies against better people. Though entering the tournie would help as well.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
more peopel play brawl at MMs than melee. It's just that they aren't on smashboards, but rather hear about it from local sources/friends I guess.

In all honesty matt, you should just alternate between having 2 brawl events 1 melee, and 2 melee 1 brawl, and screw the poll. Obviously melee is gonna win the poll...

Also, does GU have any imput in this?

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Is MDZ the only person thats allowed to run tournies at this venue? Otherwise instead of complaining go use this venue or another one to host tournaments of your choice, whether it be melee or brawl. Just step it up imo

ToastMAN

Smash Journeyman
@ROHK- the tournament will not help you at this point 2 be quite honest with you

practice your tech skill against CPU's then come to the tourny and play friendlies ... rent is more important then handing money away fi you you know you have no shot

Jesus is Life

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
datz cuz all da litle kiddies play barlw an der parents won let dem sine up on the bords of smash.

Frankly, I don't care which is played. I come for the people, buttttt most of my friends are melee, buttttt I'm still not voting LOL.

Almo

Smash Ace
but to me it would make more sense to chill, play other "scrubs" (i.e. neighbors, brother, friend etc.) ,elevate then go out for a tournament knowing i wouldnt be the kid getting the "WTF? who let this kid in?" I wnna make some friends haha
the only thing you can practice by yourself with melee is tech skill. i tried doing this with a friend when we found all the wavedashing and l-cancelling good stuff in late 06, and i just constantly played with him up until my first tournament in 07. we went even in early 07, and just a few weeks ago, after only attending 4 melee tournaments, and not attending one since august, i beat him in 38 matches and he beat me in 6. i significantly improved, even though i still suck and didn't even notice my skill increase that much.

Point is that if you go to these you will get better.

as far as friends go, just talk to people. mass people are cool.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
more peopel play brawl at MMs than melee. It's just that they aren't on smashboards, but rather hear about it from local sources/friends I guess.

In all honesty matt, you should just alternate between having 2 brawl events 1 melee, and 2 melee 1 brawl, and screw the poll. Obviously melee is gonna win the poll...

Also, does GU have any imput in this?
Jamie, the store owner, actually said in a PM "Do you want Melee only again? That's cool with me if you want. I think we get more people when we do both but all I care about is the community." He lets which game is played ultimately up to me, but voices his opinions beforehand.

Jamie is too good.

Also that should take away from the people saying I'm biased for Melee, I told him we'd do both games.
Is MDZ the only person thats allowed to run tournies at this venue? Otherwise instead of complaining go use this venue or another one to host tournaments of your choice, whether it be melee or brawl. Just step it up imo
^^^^^^ More tournaments the better

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Sorry MDZ, I didn't mean for my post to start a fight. I was just simply trying to point out that when brawl is on the schedule I usually come with 3 or 4 other people who will enter who do not post on smashboards. I think brawl is the more popular game but with far less fanatics. Thats why we see a big turnout without the support.

I like the idea of always having at least one from each game, that way the store owner will always get the best of both worlds and everyone is happy.

Sweetdiculous <-- New catchphrase

GodAtHand

Smash Lord

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
My friend and I play brawl and we'll be coming most likely.
Brawl singles/doubles ftw.

MattdotZeb, are you planning on still having both brawl tournaments? I'm looking forward to them.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Brawl Singles - 14
Brawl Doubles - 14
Melee Singles - 29
Melee Doubles - 22

There will be both if you can outnumber the melee ones.

KDJ, Spife, and Flame give me a second event.

NOHK

Smash Apprentice
@ROHK- the tournament will not help you at this point 2 be quite honest with you

practice your tech skill against CPU's then come to the tourny and play friendlies ... rent is more important then handing money away fi you you know you have no shot

Jesus is Life
my sentiments exactly.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Brawl Singles - 14
Brawl Doubles - 14
Melee Singles - 29
Melee Doubles - 22

There will be both if you can outnumber the melee ones.

KDJ, Spife, and Flame give me a second event.
So if melee singles/doubles outnumber brawl singles/doubles then theres no brawl tourney at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom