• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Read the summary, just some comments.

-Recovering low is good, but no matter the opponent you absolutely must mix up your recovery. Especially against a gimping machine MK. If the reader was simply supposed to imply this I think you should clarify that.

-Something I like to do after MK uses fsmash is to counter, because chances are he will dsmash, at least from my experience.

-I've never had a straight answer, can MK PS the dthrow Fsmash at 0% or not?

-Glide is MKs copout to getting juggled, so it's not as easy as you claim from my experience.

Good guide

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Know that MK can predict your side b stall and let go of the ledge and dair gimp you. If you think he is going to chase you low before you have decided where to go then just jump over him and land safely on stage. It's a guessing game.
Thought that saying it's a guessing game would imply you shouldn't do the same thing every time >_>

2. risky **** son

3. if he knows exactly how to get out of it yes, but most don't and it's hard to do every time

4. if MK is about 2 characters lengths above a platform for example i don't think he is going to glide in this situation. juggle doesn't have to have multiple strings of attacks, just one or two up airs to put him in a bad situation is effective enough.

Freezewish

Smash Ace
Summary looks good Steel. Great job :3

@Bengals:

He cant PS it, he can DI out though.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Completely missed that part you quoted, *facepalm*

thanks for the response

anyways, i occasionally go out to gimp MK, even if just to see the "wtf" expression on their faces

illinialex24

Smash Hero

thanks for the response

anyways, i occasionally go out to gimp MK, even if just to see the "wtf" expression on their faces
If you can land a dair, your in a huge huge position of power. However, it leaves you soo vulnerable. And fair just really does damage and if he gets a dair on you, your screwed.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
The wifi is affecting your brain lmao :laugh:
xD I dont think its smart to try to gimp meta, just funny to see their reactions

or was it something else i said? if so, by all means excommunicate me :(

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth

thanks for the response

Something I like to do after MK uses fsmash is to counter, because chances are he will dsmash, at least from my experience.
These will get you ***** pretty bad, try reconsidering your options as you have a plethora of the, k? :)

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
These will get you ***** pretty bad, try reconsidering your options as you have a plethora of the, k? :)
The gimping one was a joke, but if the counter thing is as unsafe as you guys are making it out to be, I think may have to lose the habit.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
actually i've been doing it since day one takeurlife.

also it cant be punished if they smash di the nair because you can do something else after nair OR if you dont know what that something is you could just block.

but hey i've been doing it for a year and i suck so...........to each his own

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
LOL@ TEXAS

If anything even gives you guys a WHIFF of Royr you all swarm to his jock to rescue/protect him from essentially nothing. I put kadaj combo for lols.

And thanks for the confirmation.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
thats nice to hear, but is that even relevant?

anyway you can verify it other than your opinion or pulling up an old vid?

NO, so who cares call it whatever you want, it can be call the stanky leg for i care lmao
ROFL. When I first saw that video i couldnt belive it was really a song and dance XD.

As for the combo, i guess the only thing u can do is...well...DO IT. If it doesnt work, u shouldnt get punished that badly anyway. All esle fails, mindgames.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Now that Marth vs MK is 35:65, I think it warrants a "Disadvantage" rather than "Slight Disadvantage" tag.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I know you basically gave up on match-up summaries but I think it's at least worth doing one for wolf seeing as we put him as 50/50 with marth.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
i don't know anything about the wolf match
Doesn't Shaya play against a wolf fairly often? I remember him talking about that wolf he used super button mashing hearing senses to beat.

Hell, where is ninjalink.

It's just bugging me because that wolf match up thread is 10 pages and the first 5 pages are outdated, the last 5 pages are people saying we'll come back to it. 5 Months later(lots of 5's in this paragraph), we still haven't rediscussed it....in the thread anyways. I think whatever discussion was done was in MBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom