• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
Yes. But he hasn't posted since like, June or something.
I saw a guy who said he was ken on youtube a few days ago. He had matches of Ken and Isai in brawl, but they were probably fake. But now to the point: Is Ken still participating on Survivor or has he finished it already? Maybe he died because of an aggressive Aligator? Does anyone know something about him, i'd like to know and probably a lot of other people as well.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
^Survivor finished ages ago man. It finishes way before they even play the show I believe.

You wish they had vicious alligators in Gabon.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
But why isn't he playing Melee or Brawl then? I mean hes frikkin good and it's really too bad that he doesn't play:(
He quit.
Fear I just remembered That CunningKitsune goes to Purdue University.

I don't Know if he plays brawl. But he's pretty good at melee
Purdue has a really good MELEE smash community. Of course they're all the standard melee players and hate brawl >>. Until I find some people who actually want to play brawl and are decent, I'll stick with wobbling in scrub tournaments. =D

But ya, I was planning on playing some melee soon.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
some of these matchups are a bit off and I think they need an update, ill try posting something to explain some.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Green Ace is so freaking good...He got to game 3 against Holy's ROB and it came to the last hit.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Marth is like master of grab releases.
We also outrange you, have pretty good aerial mobility, and totally enjoys watching wario jump around spamming air dodges.
We can kill you early, edgeguard really well, and avoid your attacks until you make a mistake 0_o

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
We can kill you early, edgeguard really well, and avoid your attacks until you make a mistake 0_o
We can gimp you, edgeguard really well, and wait for you to make a mistake and punish. O.o

Marth is all about punishing, and he does it better than Wario.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Hello fellow swordsmen, the Link boards are discussing the Marth matchup. However, we've all left SWF (long story, fight with the mods, don't ask) so we're at the AiB boards. Just letting you guys know.

Here's the link: http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?pid=621378#p621378
Thats bad that the links have left the boards....horrible......****. I had feelings for.....Zelda?!?!?

Marth controls the flow of the match punishing AD once the pattern is desiphred. Also Marth has major priority on Wario and if Wario goes on the offensive it is only for a few seconds seeing as how Marth can quickly take control of the matchup...again. Also I ditto your statement. Marth does that 10x beter than Wario can.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How early is early?

One of Marth's biggest weaknesses is getting out one of his kill moves (which aren't exactly weak...), Wario is one of those characters that make said weakness non-existant.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Hmmm? Why rediscuss that match? Seems like everything that could have been said, has been said.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
what does it even do vs lucario anyway? lol

also i dunno, match MIGHT be 55 45 now.. but its sitll been discussed to death and there really isnt anything new to bring to the table

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
what does it even do vs lucario anyway? lol

also i dunno, match MIGHT be 55 45 now.. but its sitll been discussed to death and there really isnt anything new to bring to the table
planking? and 55-45? what?

Fizzle

Smash Journeyman
Since no one ever showed up in our match up thread, is Lucario's roll an effective way to get inside Marth's fair camping? I'm not talking about rolling behind a grounded Marth (suicide), but is rolling behind Marth mid fair a viable strategy? To me, Marth has very little options with his back facing an opponent when midair. Granted, Lucario's close-quarters game is not all that great (so he's not going to do a whole lot of damage), but I find his quick and long roll makes it a bit easier to get around Marth's range.

Of course, like all things it's not meant to be abused, though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
As a hybrid main, I'd say that it is only decent as a surprise (meaning you don't use this predictably), or if they don't do a retreating SH -> whatever. Because he can turnaround DB while doing the retreat and nail you. Or he can do a landing grab.
Oh, and there is new stuff to bring in terms of lucario: His FP chaingrab can be wiggled out of by anyone (so you can only get like 2 before they break by mashing out crazy), fsmash isn't nearly as godly as supposed (MK can dash grab us after hanging outside of it), but srsly guys, do it for the lolz. We're doing matchups over again because the last two people took forever to update (as in three weeks after the matchup is done to be published).

Edit: Awww, c'mon, plz?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Funny note, most of marths disadvantageds are all the top tiers, then his **** advantages are the low tiers XD
Well that would make sense, considering the top tier characters are better than the low tier characters >_>

lolgrec

Smash Cadet
lmao BengalsRZ i just laughed a bit in the middle of stats class :X its ok i'll tell everyone i was lawlz-ing at brawl, they'll understand...at least they better

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
I strongly suggest that someone updates this thread with the FThrow combo on D3. A lot of Marths don't have this Basic knowledge and thus make the Matchup that much more harder for themselves.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
People visit this thread right?

Anyway, the Peach Boards are rediscussing the Marth match up. Your input would be great

Here's the link

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6908971

The last two times we've discussed this match up, things have got a bit heated...3rd time lucky? Let's all keep it civil :)

And remember, it's probably about 80:20 in Peach's favour but we're very willing to bring it up to 90:10 if you see fit :chuckle:

/wishfulthinkingwithahintofsarcasm :urg:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom