• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzNsAnTaGiN

Smash Cadet
You're entitled to your opinion. However, it is fallacious to think that Marth is equally matched to every character.

Fitty

Smash Cadet
I think that marth isn't equally matched with each character based on his moveset but in gameplay he can based on how you use him.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I think Fitty and Jay are the same person, must be. Guys post useful insight or something, gah if only Ankoku modded this part of the boards.

We've obviously seen and discussed Marth has more advantages and equalities then disadvantages over the cast. If you want find the general Marth thread and post in there.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I was randomly messing around and thought I'd throw this out. You can gimp Snakes recovery with Marth's Up B in similar fashion that you would use MKs to hit him out of cypher. The cypher will hit you, and allow you go get back to the stage. It kills a pretty low percents and is satisfying.
The problem i see here is that you have to go pretty high (bc snakes always recover high) if you want to hit them with the sweetspot. So that would only work if the snake allready is pretty low.

∫unk

Smash Master
No if we were all smart we would play MK. And learn DDD and Falco as secondaries.

That way you can get **** advantage against any "even" or "ever-so-slight-not-really-there disadvantage" mk has.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Steel, should we do these summaries since you've apparently given up...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
go for it

make sure you have significant experience in the match up before you post anything pls

∫unk

Smash Master
SNAKE 40:60
Okay this matchup is rly annoying. You can't do anything to u-smash f-tilt smash really except...

Shieldbreaker! Only use it once every 15-20 matches though. But it beats f-tilt so use it a lot.

F-air SB! Works every time!

Recover low he can't punish you!

Run past them and pivot grab but time it so u run past the u-smash.

Only bad snakes use grenades if he does it's like auto win for you.

Oh and C4 is sooo broken like when you hit shield after you hear "NOW!!!" it doesn't come up fast enough.

d34thiseternal

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with the match-ups, however, I seem to have much more trouble with the quicker characters like Diddy and Squirtle, any tips? I have the most trouble keeping them at the tipper range, they get inside and I can't get a solid hit.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
I think You might want to re-visit snake like......NOW

juggle traps are starting to become even more difficult to pull off (via wavebouncing his grenades to completely put you out of range)

Some of his newer nade traps almost render you to stand there unless you want to be blown up and or mortar slided.

I think a rediscussion would be good

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I have to agree with the match-ups, however, I seem to have much more trouble with the quicker characters like Diddy and Squirtle, any tips? I have the most trouble keeping them at the tipper range, they get inside and I can't get a solid hit.
Hmm I see. Well you probably have to work on your speed and pressue game. With Squirtle you just need to apply constant pressure and you'll **** them. Now Diddy is a little different, you have to be a little more cautious. His bananas will kill you momentum and build his, which means your basically screwed, so you have to turn those against him. If you don't know how already, learn to Glide Toss.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Just curious. How did the Kirby match-up end up at 60:40? I've been away for a while but did manage to read some of the discussion here and on the Kirby boards. It seemed the general agreement was 70:30 or 65:35 at worst for Marth. Did something happen to change this ratio?

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Shouldn't we create a 55:45 category? Wolf is not quite 50:50 in my opinion. I personally feel Sheik and Donkey Kong are 55:45 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom