• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

∫unk

Smash Master
what are these matchup ratios based on in terms of stages... all the neutrals? or all available tournament stages like a match? (neutral + 1/2 counterpicks)

ike is better than 60:40 on a neutral but worse on a counterpick

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It would be kind of painstaking to do match-up ratios for every stage. So it's really just a comparison of both characters head to head. Stage usually isn't considered. But if you had too, then you would go with neutrals.

And I really don't feel like Ike is better then 60/40 on any stage.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
maybe on yoshi island (pipes) since a gimping game on ike doesnt take place as much there.. not to saying that he has the advantage on marth but it might be better for ike

∫unk

Smash Master
nah havok and i are convinced ike is better than 60/40 on neutrals but not much better so idrc

its the gimping that really ****s him up he should be able to do up b after side b

and ike juice tastes soo good... it's just fun cause he's a scrub char that can win against prince marth :laugh:

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
2 people convinced = confirmed?

I had a hard enough time convincing people it was 60/40, 55 45 is stretching it too far.

∫unk

Smash Master
When did I ever say 2 people convinced = confirmed. When did I ever say it was only 2 people.

I just listed 2 people that are well known on Marth boards. I didn't do a poll asking Marth v Ike matchup ratio.

The majority of people you are convincing aren't even good at this game or know what a good ike looks like anyway.

But like I've always said... matchup ratios are stupid to begin with. 55/45 == 60/40 for all intents and purposes and that number isn't going to change how you play against them.

∫unk

Smash Master
I didn't take it out of context because your one-liners have none.

But in addition to there being no point in the actual ratios there's no point in arguing them.

I'm just stirring the pot cause my friend isn't awake.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
RETURN ARGUMENTATIVE LOGIC! It's time for a rest!

GO! COMPARISON LOGIC! Your opponent is weak, FINISH THEM OFF!

Comparison Logic used Shaya's matchup litmus test!
Marth v Falco (60:40)
Marth v Ike (55:45)!?!?!
CRITICAL HIT! MATCH UP DISCUSSION HAS FEINTED.

feardragon64

Smash Champion

You just made my day <3
Seriously dood, sex tonight at my place?

fox219

Smash Journeyman
haha...... ganondork at a **** disadvantage??????? Marth really needs to rise on tiers

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee

This post is the most win...like ever. lmao

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik is only 45:55 disadvantaged against Marth! I'm going to keep saying it and maybe it'll come true if I say it hard enough!

Swordplay

Smash Lord
So I played my first tourney in a while, It's been some time since I've played in 1 being in college and all.

The metagame has progressed a lot since I was last in the smash seen so I want to say this.

I take back what I said about Link/marth being a 60:40 advantage. The matchup is more 65:35-70:30. Just thought I'd say so I don't feel like an idiot.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
So I played my first tourney in a while, It's been some time since I've played in 1 being in college and all.

The metagame has progressed a lot since I was last in the smash seen so I want to say this.

I take back what I said about Link/marth being a 60:40 advantage. The matchup is more 65:35-70:30. Just thought I'd say so I don't feel like an idiot.
It's all good. Everyone makes mistakes. Don't worry about it. No need to apologize for that kinda stuff.

thelword

Smash Rookie
to be only 7th on the tier list. So where's the error? one would logically think it would come from biased matchup discussions but i actually find them to be suprinsingly good. so then what is it? i'm thinking it's maybe that marth doesn't have as many total **** matchups as the characters above him but that's just guessing

OverLade

Smash Hero
I was randomly messing around and thought I'd throw this out. You can gimp Snakes recovery with Marth's Up B in similar fashion that you would use MKs to hit him out of cypher. The cypher will hit you, and allow you go get back to the stage. It kills a pretty low percents and is satisfying.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
I was randomly messing around and thought I'd throw this out. You can gimp Snakes recovery with Marth's Up B in similar fashion that you would use MKs to hit him out of cypher. The cypher will hit you, and allow you go get back to the stage. It kills a pretty low percents and is satisfying.
Unlike Mk though marths DS doesnt have as much extreme knockback while airborne as Mk's Shuttle loop, would the cypher hit you even if he dodges the DS??

Swordplay

Smash Lord
to be only 7th on the tier list. So where's the error? one would logically think it would come from biased matchup discussions but i actually find them to be suprinsingly good. so then what is it? i'm thinking it's maybe that marth doesn't have as many total **** matchups as the characters above him but that's just guessing

Marths biggest weakness is metaknight

Did I mention that Metaknight controls the almost the entire metagame?

Thus, even with so many advantageous matchups and so few disadvantageous ones, because metaknight controls the metagame, marth won't be fantastic level like the matchups make him seem he'll just be good/great level.

^The tier list is old and bad. And biased. And bad. And old. Next one comes out January 5th.

I think I made my point.
I hope Link gets last. I can come out with my secondary marth and then go to Link for major laughs if I win.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
So why is this one of the few character matchup threads that doesn't use that popular chart like I just was looking at in the Falco and ROB boards?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Unlike Mk though marths DS doesnt have as much extreme knockback while airborne as Mk's Shuttle loop, would the cypher hit you even if he dodges the DS??
The cypher hits you even if he airdodges im pretty sure. I'll go test it again. A tipper Fair or spike would probably get the job done at the same percent, but I think a fresh Up B is a pretty nasty and viable option.

Fitty

Smash Cadet
I don't think marth has a disadvantage of any of the characters it depends on how you use him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom