• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Marth's Match Ups~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
darkspartan: Fox boards has fallen into the abyss of the 9th level of hell.

No one can save them.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Is Meta Knight Assassin with the influence SAKURA'S DARKNESS AFTER SABER WAS INSTEAD MELTED?

Also don't bring up some UBW where Archer shuts down Saber's approach with the fear of bringing out the Falchion.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Meta Knight is more like Caster's Assassin, actually... like, he does Tsubame Gaeshi's all over the place with that fair and bair of his.

Not sure who True Assassin would be closely represented by...

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Dedede is as easy as drinking water. I beat him bad. I pwn lvl 9 dededes
lol what? This statement is full of fail. If lvl 9s meant anything, then Mario would be top tier in this game. He can powershield everything! WOW!!!

lol.... lvl 9s.... man ur funny

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Meta Knight is more like Caster's Assassin, actually... like, he does Tsubame Gaeshi's all over the place with that fair and bair of his.

Not sure who True Assassin would be closely represented by...
True Assassin would be represented by infinite dimension cape. And Sheik. Sheik and Infinite Dimension Cape works beautifally.

And but but Caster's Assassin doesn't FLY. And gets owned by Saber.
I think Metaknight is GILGAMESH broken though.

**** imagine how good gilgamesh would be in brawl. *fangasms*

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Fox boards are terrible, half of them are on my ignore list. I tried to remedy the terrible discussion by creating a Fox Back Room only inviting the select few who made sense. But even then I gave up when they started saying G&W could be 40-60/45-55. I don't know what to do to convince them of Fox's match-ups anymore. You Marth boards have it easy.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Fox boards are terrible, half of them are on my ignore list. I tried to remedy the terrible discussion by creating a Fox Back Room only inviting the select few who made sense. But even then I gave up when they started saying G&W could be 40-60/45-55. I don't know what to do to convince them of Fox's match-ups anymore. You Marth boards have it easy.
Step 1) Get someone who actually knows stuff.
Step 2) Slowly educate the nubs.
Step 3) See who is actually listening to the educated person and talk to them more to clarify perceptions.
Step 4) Flaming idiots and writing a ****-ton of well thought out posts.
Step 5) Start cleaning up the boards. Be active in almost every topic whether it's accurate information or flaming the **** out of someone for posting a worthless post.
Step 6) Repeat step 5. This takes a while.
Step 7) Eventually a group of people are educated enough to pass on you knowledge and think for themselves so the educated person can go play Soul Calibur 4 and not post for 3 days, etc.
Step 8) Repeat steps 5-6 but with the newly educated groups being the educated person/people. Cleaning boards never ends.

At least that's how I always saw the Marth boards evolution. Only not enough people seemed to resepct EL until he had purple...lol

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey Steel, when u gonna change the Wolf match-up to 55:45 Marth's favour? I'm waiting for you to do it because of Dan's Character Board specific match-up chart project...

About the Fox boards: Poor Fools. I tried to convince them over more than 5 pages, how they have the disadvantage against Snake and they still couldn't accept it, despite the fact that they never even brought up one serious argument. But then again they called my a troll (because I proved that Falco has better combos than Fox :laugh:) and other stuff lol.

A funny side note: It seems that some Fox players also play Zelda. In Ankoku's match-up discussion I debated about the Sheik/Zelda vs Dedede and I had to convince the same people who think Fox vs Snake is even that Zelda doesn't hard counter D3. And surprisingly I was called a troll again (and other stuff...).
And when I bring up an argument the most common answer was:"Shut up, u don't even play Fox / Zelda." Haha, of course they know it because I have that little picture of Wolf under my post count :rolleyes:
And they don't seem to understand when I tell them that I play all top tier characters + Marth + Wolf + Bowser....

Some people just never learn :rolleyes:

lol yeah I can understand you Xiivi when you envy the Marth boards (although the Wolf board isn't too bad either. Not much going on though XDDD)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wolf board is pretty bad, but only because most of the intelligent posters there left it in disgust.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wolf board is pretty bad, but only because most of the intelligent posters there left it in disgust.
Not true.

That was months ago (aka before I came =P) and everybody except Koskinator either stayed or came back. The Wolf boards are completely updated: Accurate match-up's + stage guides, best frame rata data by far. Wolf board is pretty much like marth board now only with les activity.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
We need frame data dammit.

Then the Marth boards rule will be ABSOLUTE!!!!

∫unk

Smash Master
You two have falcon/fox fun again? Or was it ganons this time?
No like actual matches where opponents are 3 ft away versus 3000 miles away. I sent Steel 3 Marth vs. someone-else matches (all different opponents).

And Steel ***** me wifi every time I try speed hugging I just end up fast falling off the edge.

And I wish I could play Germ the only Wolfs I play are scrubs in the first round that just shield to d-smash or laser camp to f-smash.

AndrewCarlson

Smash Journeyman
Gheb, I was under the impression that the match-up between Marth and Wolf was always 60:40? I never really noticed anyone saying 55:45 other than a few Wolf mains. Otherwise, I think most of the Marth mains strongly believe it's 60:40 at worst for Marth.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Luigi should be 65/35 from the data.

There is no way he does worse then Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom