• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

QLD

Jaice: Good job on placing 2nd. Pity about that S.D that cost you the match. I need to train against you on a daily basis it seems :p

Matt/Adept: I think you will be 2nd in QLD in no time at this rate. You know quite a lot about the game. Good job ****** me 3rd game in our set. I played pretty badly. It was fun hanging out with you guys. Also I think I left super monkey ball 3DS at your house lol.

Scrubs/Ben: Solid melee player as always. Thanks for friendlies and was nice to talk. Also you're pretty good at basketball :p Pity about the **** prizes though. At least you won something.

Kas: Long time no see. Was good to see your face again. Also you still **** at melee after not playing for so long, it's not fair XD

Zac: Sarrp?

NSW

Scoot: It was awesome to catch up again. You're fun to hang out with. I think you're Jaice's biggest weakness right now haha. Thanks for the friendlies.

Shaya: Thanks for coaching me during friendlies. I like it when people don't mind or are capable of helping others improve. Was nice chatting to you as well. I know you were going to send me a link after reloaded but I forget what you were going to link me lol.

S.A

Grim/Mason Thanks heaps for housing me. Was fun playing both smash games with you. Sorry about my DK :p http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtUAOzcL3nw lol
Hope to see you at BAM :)

Domo: Thanks for the friendlies and DK compliments. You could probably tell that I'm used to the MK matchup haha

Apollo: You're a really nice guy and I love your Zamus. It's fun to watch it in action. Thanks for helping us not get lost while we were in adelaide and for the friendlies. I plan on learning the matchup asap. Hope to see you in QLD soon :)

Nova: Thanks for hosting reloaded. I don't know anyone else who would inject so much money into a smash tourney lol.

Monkeybear/Blackshadow: Was nice meeting you guys. You're both pretty cool and amazing at melee. I hope I can become that good someday. Ganon spacing is tight. Shiek is gay lol

Ollie(?): You're quite good at melee. A bit better than me haha. You make an awesome doubles partner. We had good synergy. I don't come across people I can team with successfully much.

VIC

Leisha: Your ROB is legit. Thanks for the games. You're pretty funny in person. I learned the matchup in pools with DK but ruined the game with an S.D sigh. Hope to see you at ACL and/or BAM.

Splice: Was cool to hang out with you. Good bloke. I promise I'll play my best with Samus next time. It was terrible in pools.

Dekar: I'm glad I made you play serious in pools XD Marth *****. Was good to catch up.

Everyone else: Sorry if I missed you. I'm bad at putting a name to a face when meeting a bunch of new people.

tibs7

Smash Champion
TV wasnt laggy, you got smashed corpse.

tbh jaice isnt as good as the rest of the top players around AUS but hes by no means a bad player

probs do proper shoutouts later :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
I actually intend to donate a portion to charity. Dunno about the rest.

Otherwise, if corpse can differentiate the difference of 3ms, then he should be realistically punishing every mistake ever.

Rubbish talk is rubbish. You lost legitimately, now get better so it doesn't happen again.

:phone:

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Wow guys really. The TV had lag, I felt it immediately. It is a known fact those type of TVs have input lag. I dont know what reasoning you have to say that it had no lag?

I never said I could feel a lag of 3ms all I said was that 1/5th of a frame would have a lag of 3ms. Where this 1/5th of a frame lag value came from was clearly wrong because it certainly had more than that. Furthermore, even if it did have a 3ms lag AND I could feel that lag, that would not improve my ability to punish as that would be dependent on my reaction speed not on my ability to differentiate input lag.

And I didnt get smashed, I came 4th with a mid tier character after not having played the game for over half a year in matchups that I have zero or next to zero experience in and the games were close. I also didn't john about it or punch a table with my fist when I lost.

Sirias

Smash Champion
Yeah mate, me and Zac, soon as we play each other we go into infinite CBF mode because we hate playing each other and then WHOEVER WINS FEELS LIKE **** FOR BEATING THE OTHER ONE WHO FEELS LIKE **** FOR LOSING, FKIN SUCKS!

That being said, I'll do shoutouts later, mang.

Miss y'all. <3

Before I go tho:
Special thanks to Nova for hosting the entire event and helping lots of people, including myself, get to Adelaide and be able to spend the nights at his place!! PROPS! =D
Don't talk so down about yourself and the event, either, it might not have been amazing, but it was still good and a worthwhile experience, lawlalwwlaalwlawlawlwa. =]

Rianogard

Smash Apprentice
And I didnt get smashed, I came 4th with a mid tier character after not having played the game for over half a year in matchups that I have zero or next to zero experience in and the games were close. I also didn't john about it or punch a table with my fist when I lost.
I was hoping that Olimar's obscureness would be beneficial in this competition. Thanks to Gords, I was able to receive some TL practice before our match. Also, I respect anyone who mains and does exceptionally well with a character not from S and A tier.

Splice

Smash Hero
I'm so sick of people trying to push johns onto other people
When they are totally accepting of their wins and their losses and simply stating a point. QQ
Corpse is a madt dog too, tibs.

@Jaice: Large chance I'll be using Olimar at the next few tournaments in melb.
So good luck vs Tila and Tibs and Earl at BaM2K11 :p
(unless my Oli turns out terrible, in which case do whatever. I have always wanted to main Olimar though)

Attila_

BRoomer
Sorry, but that tv had no lag. None at all. Saying you're 'sensitive' to it is bull****, and everyone knows it.

Assuming that you're not posting for postings sake, the only reason you would post it is an excuse for leaving.

If I can death grab with climbers, there was definitely no lag. Not to mention no other player 'felt' it.

Stop acting like you're special, and accept that you're not number one anymore.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
or perhaps I posted it because me and Gords talked about TV's and input lag and I wanted to explain my findings. Hence the "@Gords" at the start of the post.

I suppose then that when my bro brought me along to test input lag on tvs in a store before buying anything wasnt really to rest input lag, it was because of some other hidden obscure reason. And then when I said that one TV had roughly double the lag of another and my bro confirmed it with screen captures I was just lucky.

I also said from the getgo that the TV had little input lag, if it was very lagged then I wouldn't have played on it in the first place.

tibs7

Smash Champion
I'm sure corpse is a good guy Billy but I don't think anyone cares about the TV :/
and I think I played the game like twice since acl so I think I did quite well. Also corpse mk isn't mid tier.......

Attila_

BRoomer
You're wrong.

And you're johning.

It makes you look salty.

There was no lag.

You lost.

AND YOU DIDN'T DODGE AT TPOO.

Time to get over it and get better.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
it seems it only makes me look salty to you. And im quite sure I was talking to Gords about TV's. By saying I'm wrong are you implying that I was talking to somebody else about it or that I dreamt up the conversation entirely? Really I'd like to know.

Splice

Smash Hero
I know for one I do not differentiate between tvs that lag or not at all, I can't tell.
definitely possible for some people to be able to test it better than others

And Tibs I was the first person to say talking about tv input lag is lame

but attila sounds like he's convinced himself that corpse is arrogant and treating corpse like ****.
trying to justify corpses placement, claiming that any issue he brings up is a john and then denying it to assert that corpse "isn't number one any more"

shut up attila

But seriously stop talking about tv input lag its so lame

HEY YOU KNOW WHAT UPLOAD SOME VIDEOS COZ LIKE THATS INTERSTINGZ AND STUFF
DID ANYTHING BETTER THAN THE TV THAT GF's WERE PLAYED ON HAVING SMALL LAG HAPPEN AT THIS TOURNAMENT?

my goodness.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
real talk

Corpse doesn't care that much about his placement. Not many people cared much about their placement.
He knows Attila is a better player than him... he knows he got outplayed in their set. What the hells the issue here?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Wtf is with the Corpse hate Attila, I think you're the only one who thinks that Corpse is blaming his lack of 1st place on the TV lag. For the record I don't think Corpse really cares that much about winning anymore. Why don't you just humbly accept the win and refrain from making comments like that?

Plasia

Smash Journeyman
Easily one of the worst interstate tourney weekends of my life. I'm really not happy how my pool was changed denying me any hope at all, both the reason and the change were really ****ing poor.

I'll post something more positive like shoutouts later. My sodium levels are too high right now about the entire weekend (with exceptions like pancakes).

Attila_

BRoomer
i dont hate corpse. im not that type of guy.

...He wasn't johnning.
calling the legitimacy of equipment into question and claiming that it (negatively) affected your ability to play sure sounds like a john to me.

whatever, im finally home, and am now going to bed.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If I can death grab with climbers, there was definitely no lag. Not to mention no other player 'felt' it.
Not that I was there or anything, but that is a load of **** and you know it. Unless you're total trash just picking up climbers, CGs are more muscle memory than anything else, you do not rely on visual cues. If you can CG with your eyes closed (and you should), then all the lag in the world won't make a difference.

Also, just reading this thread I've noticed other people say they felt lag. And I haven't seen Corpse johning about anything, he has not even mentioned his game vs you at all.

Again, I wasn't there, so I'm not making a case about the TV. All I'm saying is don't invent issues or put words in peoples' mouths. Less hate plz. <3

Top Bottom