• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Ghostbone

Smash Master
lol SA taking all the last spots in bracket.

Apart from bracket starting late and having my match with S.D. switched with ZXV (which I'm still pissed about but whatever), I enjoyed the tournament, was fun meeting everyone.

Alzi

Smash Master
Can someone tell me who Jaice is lol? Always nice to see something unexpected happen in tournament results.

Congrats Attila on 1st place. And good work Corpse on repping Perth 4th place is still good for not getting any practice. Should of had a Perth tourney before you left.

But man $1000 is still awesome so congrats to the winners again.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Wow at Jaice and ZXV. Good stuff. Congrats to Attila for winning Brawl too.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but were any sets recorded?

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
Jaice is qld's best brawl player. Has been a strong competitor for a while and took over when amaterasu quit. at least that's what i gather from when i hear about brawl stuff.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Shout-outs:
Jaice: I'm very impressed, great job! The doubles match we had was pretty hype.
Attila: You won, just like I expected =D
Splice/Calibur/Scoot: Thanks for giving me the honor of housing you wonderful people :3 Thanks for teaming with me in Melee, Splice!
Shaya: Very fun money match! (excluding your inability to platform cancel)
Corpse: Seems like your practice ****** two noobs at the start of the tourney paid off.
Blackshadow: Bad luck man :c Practice hard for BAM2K11 (with people who aren't Monkeybear)
Monkeybear: 4th place is pretty good bro <3
Oli and Dave: I hope you guys have a renewed interest in Smash, oh and Dave: Melee > Wife.
Ghostbone: Thanks for teaming with me, I'm sorry I let us down in the last match of our money match and I'm sorry you got ***** by the bracket change :c
AD3PT: Fun money match, you were much better than I thought you'd be (in a good way). No johns for my MK/DK match I guess, though I'd love to do it again, I'm not happy at all with how I played.
Gords: lolbrawlminus
Techa: Thanks for holding onto my SD Card, and thanks for always being so happy and positive =D
Apollo: Bad luck in Brawl singles man :c Are you going to BAM2K11?
Nova: Thanks for running the whole tournament. Next time (?), consider not giving yourself such a hard job, though.
Luneth: You're pretty cool, sometimes ;)

THE END (I hope I didn't miss anyone). I dislike Brawl again, focusing on Melee ICs for the moment.

zApollo

Smash Ace
QLD>>>>>SA

SA is dreadful at brawl and hosting tournaments. Time to move on nothing new here.

Congratulations for placing so high Jaice! An effort well done.

Yo adelaide.

I'm here til tomorrow, entertain me lol
You still owe me a MM in one way or another. No arm wrestle MMs though.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but were any sets recorded?
I'll get some sets up tonight, GFs first obviously.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Wow just looking at the results I woulda got ***** if I went, such a generally high density of skill across the board. O:

Good **** Zxv, reppin' western sydney in melee.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Jaice: Well done and congratz on second place! Your Olimar is the first I've ever played against and you beat my TL fair and square. QLD is not to be underestimated!
Attila: Snake do you read me? ....Snake?.......SNAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! That what I wanted to hear anyway. Congratz on first place in both singles and doubles, it was a well earned victory.
Tibs: I didn't actually play you at all this time around (other than doubles), from what I saw you had improved a fair bit since robocop but you really have to be a bit more safe with your edgeguarding, it very oftenly gets you killed/stage spiked especially against MK. Congratz on first place in doubles.
Splice Splice is as cool as always. Your G&W is so hard to punish, your DI is amazing and your always great to talk to. Bad luck in doubles finals, it should have been yours for the taking.
Shaya: Sleep, Food, Warmth, Food, Coffee, Sleep, Cold, White Hat, Food, Coffee, Brawl is broken.
Monkeybear: You totally showed me who's boss in melee pools, not that I expected to win in the first place. Congratz on 4th place :)
Ghostbone: Aww man it was a shame I had to knock a SA player into losers first round up. Our Brinstar game was mighty close though, I thought you had me on that one. I think you have potential to become a really good player.
Redact: Rage is what makes the world go round!
Gords: How awesome are TL dittos? You just can't get enough of them. Was great talking to you about various technical things as well as playing a bunch of friendlies. Cool guy this one is.
Apollo: Apollo is legendary. Your such a nice and considerate guy and I very much appreciate you housing me for those 2 nights. You even asked MY permission if YOU could sit on "MY" bed. That kind of consideration is just amazing. You play a very flashy ZSS and I still have no idea how to gimp you. We were so close to winners finals in doubles but alas it was not meant to be :(
Nova: This guy man. I can't comprehend how much effort/money you put into this tournament and its only because of you that I could attend in the first place. Kudos to bringing basically the entire competitive smash community in Australia all together single handedly.
Earl: I don't really know how I beat you in singles. I don't really play MK and have very little MK ditto experience. I think maybe the supreme fatigue affected your play more than it affected mine. Maybe Shaya was right in saying my Auto-pilot is amazing :p
ZXV: Congratz on first place! Although I didn't see the finals, I really hope it was recorded so I can watch it later. Really cool guy as always, had some fun friendlies with you with random characters like falcon/luigi and was great to see you again.

(will add ppl if i forgot ppl)

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Cheers for coming out guys, the Reloaded team hopes that you had fun. Props to Nova and Apollo for handling, and promoting the entire comp. You guys are both legends in my eyes.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Shout-outs:
Jaice: I'm very impressed, great job! The doubles match we had was pretty hype.
Attila: You won, just like I expected =D
Splice/Calibur/Scoot: Thanks for giving me the honor of housing you wonderful people :3 Thanks for teaming with me in Melee, Splice!
Shaya: Very fun money match! (excluding your inability to platform cancel)
Corpse: Seems like your practice ****** two noobs at the start of the tourney paid off.
Blackshadow: Bad luck man :c Practice hard for BAM2K11 (with people who aren't Monkeybear)
Monkeybear: 4th place is pretty good bro <3
Oli and Dave: I hope you guys have a renewed interest in Smash, oh and Dave: Melee > Wife.
Ghostbone: Thanks for teaming with me, I'm sorry I let us down in the last match of our money match and I'm sorry you got ***** by the bracket change :c
AD3PT: Fun money match, you were much better than I thought you'd be (in a good way). No johns for my MK/DK match I guess, though I'd love to do it again, I'm not happy at all with how I played.
Gords: lolbrawlminus
Techa: Thanks for holding onto my SD Card, and thanks for always being so happy and positive =D
Apollo: Bad luck in Brawl singles man :c Are you going to BAM2K11?
Nova: Thanks for running the whole tournament. Next time (?), consider not giving yourself such a hard job, though.
Luneth: You're pretty cool, sometimes ;)

THE END (I hope I didn't miss anyone). I dislike Brawl again, focusing on Melee ICs for the moment.
Just wanna say grim that it was me who beat you with DK :p

But anyways thanks for being a good host :) and thanks for melee friendlies.

:phone:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Congrats to Attila and Zxv for their wins.

Congrats to everyone who didn't pay $400 for their trip and were still able to enter all of the events they wanted to.

Splice

Smash Hero
SHOUTOUTS:

ADELAIDE

Grim: Thankyou for housing me and teaming with me and for generous hospitality. I am Jumper king :)

Nova: I enjoyed the tournament, most of all congratulations on getting so many top players. Hands down this tournament did have the most big names from 1-12 place of any major.

Apollo: I enjoyed our MM, pity I didn't get to MM your Snake as well though. I don't know how you lost that match to S.D, but you and Corpse teamed really well and those were some unique doubles games :)

Ghostbone: You are pretty good at this game, mainly in that for someone who hasn't traversed the smash scene of Australia much, you really have put in the effort to learn about various characters. Your spacing is really good, you have potential to take a tournament victory from Apollo if you are motivated.

Luneth: You suck.

DoMo:
Nice to finally meet you :) Your MK was quite good, and you learned pretty fast in the few games we played. Good luck with your LoL career and the qualifiers etc. ^___^

Seth:
Good games in Pools AND Bracket, lol. I'm sorry for making you rage quit in our tournament set though :E You were a nice guy and thanks for helping out with the pool stuff.

Ant: man I was so close to that guitar hero prize :c Good Games in Bracket :)

NEW SOUTH WALES

Scoot: Spending the weekend with you was fun, good bonding experience lol.

Shaya:
Spending some time at the airport was pleasant, some tired conversation to end the weekend, and very interesting. I hate marth, but you are a champ.

ZXV: Congratulations on winning Melee. After the close ACL set with Dekar, I knew it could go either way, job well done :)

Tedeth: You always ruin my majors :c It could have gone either way but I lost and I get this ****ty 9th place instead of a very possible 4th. Grrrrr, Warios cross-up Fsmashes were the death of me V___V And choosing not to plank. I did really enjoy our set though (except those distressing moments where I had to choose between looking at Wario or Game and Watch lol)
I'm getting closer :) I hope you are coming to BaM2K11, see u in da losers bracket agaiiiin

PERTH
a.k.a Corpsecreate

Corpse: You and apollo teamed really well and definitely made me and Earl think very hard to become a better team! Congratulations on 4th and defeating Earl. It was good to beat you in a Money Match 2 years after Rocky :p Hope you had a good time

Queensland:

Ad3pt: You are better than you make yourself out to be. You are definitely an above average player. Maybe instead of hyping your brother up so much you could become better than him :p
I suggest using wolf to do this.

Jaice:
Good Games, the money match and the bracket set were both quite enjoyable and you kept your gameplay interesting. Your "getting kills" game is definitely your biggest asset, putting you a cut above many people. Good job on placing 2nd, if I did beat you I don't think I would have had the clutch in me to win that many matches against reputable players. Although by the sounds of it Tibs was an idiot lol

Calibur:
Very legit Samus, I totally would have lost if I didnt play you the day before to learn the MU. I'm glad Grim housed you, you're a top bloke.

Victoria:

Tibs: You're an idiot, by the sounds of it you played real dumb against Jaice. Also 'sif plank in doubles. I didn't plank you... :mad:

Attila: A total boss. Good job winning singles and doubles like you have a tendency to do. :)

Earl: Thanks for teaming with me in doubles, I'm sorry for losing my stock to Tibs when it was totally unneccessary, I suck. Pity you lost to Corpse :s Grats on 5th, I enjoyed talking to you and playing friendlies with you at the tourney :)

Leisha: Thankyou for guiding me on thursday, it was really nice of you. You have an awesome big house and nice family. <3

Dekar: So your Grand-Final-of-a-Major set record with ZXV is 1-1 or something now, right? Good luck at BaM2K11 with that ;) Congrats on winning doubles too, nice

Redact: First time I've actually seen someone break their controller. By which I mean, not only does it not work but you smashed it in half. Good job lol :p 9th place is sucky, but congrats on winning teams

Plasia: Nice to see you at the tournament, Pizza is nice, that cookie was **** though
Sam: Nice to see you at the tournament, thanks for ordering dat Pizza <3

Splice

Smash Hero
Personal Planking Status Report:

Tried to plank against Jaice but he got some chip damage which encouraged me not to plank

Could have planked against Ted but I was scared he'd spike with waft or something so I decided not to plank

Could have planked vs Tibs in doubles but there was no reason not to plank for an easy win so I decided to run onstage and let him bthrow me to KO and let him win.

1/10 Planking from Splice

Gears

Smash Journeyman
What a great major (ignoring the hiccups) The hype and atmosphere was amazing. Makes me want to go to an interstate major, even though i'm balls at the game. All the interstaters seem like great people, and also hilarious.

Congrats to Attila and ZXV for coming 1st in Brawl/Melee.

Dekar, apparently you don't play Brawl but I played horrible against your Marth. Once you got me in a combo I couldn't do anything. I want a rematch so I can at least take a stock of you.

Apollo, Bad luck losing against S.D. I really thought you had it in the last match.

Nova, Thanks for hosting a major, even though there was some hiccups it was still awesome. Also, sorry for being such an ***. I need to work on anger management. lolol

Grim Tuesday, Stop growing, kthx. Seriously wtf. Anyways, bad luck on your MM with Jaice and AD3PT. My only advice is that you need to stop hitting your teammate. Apart for that, you played very well.

Luneth, it was fun playing some Melee together. Sorry for being a tight-*** about Doubles. I only had money for food. Let's team up at the next SG.

Techa, was fun playing various games together. Surprised we both didn't pass out from lack of sleep.

Ant, Was great meeting you again. I want to play your Snake at SG.

Jamage, Nice catching up with you, but I didn't get to play you in Smash. D:

Leisha, Thanks for inadvertently reminding me about streetpass. :D Also, I love your ROB jumper. <3

Also, sorry to the interstaters for being an *** online. After seeing they were friendly and awesome people. Lets put the past behind us. I would like to get to know the interstaters next time. <3

Oh and Shaya, I want your hat. It's so awesome. lolol

Gears

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing to do in Adelaide.

Seriously.

A smash meet is probably the only option.

Top Bottom