• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Then my ics are total trash. I visually perform dthrow and fthrow regrabs. And I normally drop the bthrow anyway lol.

But yeah, I probably hated too much. I was quite hungry.

Still sounds like a John though.

I don't see how it doesn't, even if he doesn't explicitly say 'I lost because of the tv'. If, upon losing, I said 'I have a broken controller', then it is implied that I lost because of he controller, even if I didnt clarify specifically.

Well whatever. It was a good tourney. Good competition with quite surprising results.

:phone:

tibs7

Smash Champion
attila definitely relies on visual to cg.

it sounded like a little john to myself aswell. even though it wasnt said like ' i lost to x because TV was out by 3ms' he implied that it effected his game a little which is enough evidence ti be called a john foe me :S

im never normally on attila's side but this time i am.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Everyone played on the same tv, so what effected one person, was effecting another. Can we all stop talking about this now and get back to shout-outs and other more interesting topics.

How good were the caffeteria hotdogs. A shame they sold out so quick. The coffee wasn't horrible either. The Dekar v Jaice Hype match was amazing. Taking $20 a piece off over confident SA players was a highlight of my life.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure he will be head hunted in the next major he plays. At least he might get sponsership next time he attends a big tourney so it won't be so bad when he gets knocked out early.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Confidence =! Overconfidence.

We didn't expect to 3 stock you guys or anything, we just thought we could win.
It went to game 5 anyway and it was close.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Haha I noticed that, he died at like 100% each stock. Oli's kill power is broken though. So many options to cause death.

I was suprised by the amount of people hovering around our matches in pools attila. D3 v Snake is pretty tough. Pretty sure it's worse then the Oli MU for Snake.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Dunno.

Second match was stupid cause I went for a fair ko and got death grabbed at 0. I was totally winning until that point.

Don't expect me to play so recklessly next time!

Gfs was pretty hype; chaingrabbing is incredibly difficult when 20 odd people are trying to shout out the timing (which is wrong lol).

Also, my ics were atrocious lol

:phone:

Remastered

Smash Lord
Yeh the 0-death CG was silly. I enjoyed the first match more anyway. I really should have won it with my lead on the last stock. I got careless and tried to approach to much.

If you can desynch blizzard walk consistantly, you can almost always get a safe approach on Oli. In my opinion IC's are Olis worst MU. (Even worse than Falco & Wolf).

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I used to find it threw off my spacing, you get used to it fast if you play on one regularly tho. (and I find it doesn't work the same in reverse, never found myself feeling odd on 4:3 TVs after getting used to 16:9s)

zApollo

Smash Ace
I love that tv. Picture quality is excellent and it looks sexy
I just love the telly as well! It's the best thing I've ever found just lying on the side of the street one day. It would have cost a fortune during its prime time.

It's a shame it weighs like 90kg and is a pain to move around.

S.D I noticed that you were using the same macbook pro, the same elgato capture card and even the exact same logitech external microphone for your recording setup as I do. I use audacity for the commentary and throw it all together in iMovie, it's really easy =)

Also, whatever you changed in your playstyle during our bracket matches worked brilliantly. Congratulations on your win =P

I only have one match of winners finals of tibs and attila recorded, I fear someone must have touched the computer when I left it as I noticed right after the set that the recorded had stopped >.> Sorry guys.

zApollo

Smash Ace
I'll post it up anyway. Perhaps having 20 witnesses would be adequate enough to appreciate your performance in that set.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Oli is waaaaay harder than D3 for Snake
IC's vs Oli is obviously IC's favour but its still kinda awkward and IC's are just such a a swingy character

Dekar289

Smash Hero
had a great weekend
haven't had as much high-level fun (and success) than the last few sets of teams
@singles - tied at 7-7, before our 15th and final match me and bryte agreed to split the pot 50-50
brawl singles, jaice is lucky but skilled. congrats. SD so legit, beating apollo and then 1 hit away from ending corpse! (shame because corpse went on to beat earl in mk dittos, down 0-2 after using tlink iiirc, and then lost to jaice. there's no way on earth earl would have lost to jaice haha)
so much good play... and bad play due to 16 hour tournament...
sorry monkeybear but word on the street is that your set with sd wasn't recorded... don't feel too bad, previous incredible moments of australian smash in adelaide were accidentally deleted :(
full shoutouts later

pressokman

Smash Apprentice
Well thanks for letting me know dekar. I really wanted to watch it :( Hope it's just lost in a bunch of other games. Glad some people got to watch :) It was a fun set.

Remastered

Smash Lord
Jaice and Earl were playing matches earlier on in the tourney and Jaice was consistently beating him iirc. The MK MU is one I haven't seen Jaice lose in a very long time. Corpse changed to MK after Tlink didn't work and Corpse got punished for it.

If it wasn't for gimps, the MU is definitely in Oli's favour. Apollo can back me up on this one I hope.

He was however very lucky not to come up against Teds Wolf.

Top Bottom