• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MAJOR] Reloaded VIII - July 16th 2011 (Adelaide) 1ST PLACE NOW $1000

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also when you say 'The bbr thinks MK is even with pikachu'.

The BBR representatives of Pikachu and MK came to the conclusion it was even. I'm pretty sure just about everyone who isn't from Florida didn't think that mu was even :p

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Also when you say 'The bbr thinks MK is even with pikachu'.

The BBR representatives of Pikachu and MK came to the conclusion it was even. I'm pretty sure just about everyone who isn't from Florida didn't think that mu was even :p
I was semi trolling, but the point is a lot of the match-ups have been skewed by the representatives of their respective characters.

Alzi

Smash Master
Losers Bracket Corpse vs Jaice now uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVE_VudzfY

After watching Jaice and Earl play the day before, and Jaice play against corpse mk on the day I can definitely agree that the mu is more even than one would think. Jaice was extremely smart at the mu and avoided gimps skillfully. I was quite impressed.

If Jaice had faced earl in brackets, both would have been given a serious run for their money.
Thanks for the videos Apollo! :)

Keep them coming if there are any more left. I think getting hit by Olimar's up smash could possibly be the worst thing ever in brawl.

Also Attila how are you so damn good at both brawl and aesthetics wise. serious

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
It's accepted by both the TL and Olimar boards that Olimar outcamps Toon Link. I felt this while playing against Jaice and its why I stopped camping against him.

On a completely unrelated note, I dont think anyone can compare with me in this game when it comes to tripping :p I tripped SO MUCH!

swordsaint

Smash Master
It's accepted by both the TL and Olimar boards that Olimar outcamps Toon Link. I felt this while playing against Jaice and its why I stopped camping against him.

On a completely unrelated note, I dont think anyone can compare with me in this game when it comes to tripping :p I tripped SO MUCH!
get ****ed. you dont even know what it's like to trip compared to me.

also BF > FD for Ice Climbers, EA says this all the time too, Climbers have awesome u-air shenanigans on BF. And FD despite the lack of platforms gives characters just SO MUCH ROOM which is why, i also like FD against Diddy. FD's large size is good against Diddy and Ice Climbers imo.

Also I constantly say that Falco Pika isn't as bad as it's made out. Pikachus single grab is pretty much the game I guess in some peoples eyes (although it doesnt take the kill) however falco getting a grab before pika REMOVES pikas grab because he can platform camp after it. Afterwhich falco is a better character than pikachu. Pikachu, imo really only has the cg going for him against Falco, so if he doesnt get it first it can be a little hard for both sides.

zApollo

Smash Ace
I absolutely agree, I mean your trip into my falcon punch in friendlies basically sealed the deal. I have never seen so much bad luck from tripping over this weekend than before.

Jaice and Adept also had their fair share of tripping when we played sunday, most of which was punished hard/changed the momentum to my favor. I think I tripped once that day, and it was irl.

get ****ed. you dont even know what it's like to trip compared to me.
Have you been laid before? My impression now is that you haven't.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
rolf scoot.

I did feel the lag, im very sensitive to it.
hahaha good one.

I'm the only one who can 'feel' lag, because I'm an air wizard

Everyone played on the same tv, so what effected one person, was effecting another.
this is a very good point and should means that tv lag should never really be a legit excuse.

I thought one of Snake's strengths was that he could live through multiple mistakes due to his weight + recovery?
According to the BBR? Pfft, they know nothingz :p
good one buddy.

Stop complaining, Snake is amazing Attila :)
amazing sure, but amazing doesnt change the fact that his 2 hard matchups are d3 and oli.
like I have said a thousand times, there is no substitute for experiance, if you dont want to take attilas word for it, then take mine, I was heavily involved in the scene for over 2 years and vyed with attila for best snake is aus for quite a while.

played me plenty of olimars, and in america too, and I'm pretty sure attila has played japanese oli's.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I think I tripped 5 times in one match against DoMo. It was ridiculous. MK v D3. As if the match wasn't hard enough as it was.

I remember just shaking my head at the screen on Sunday after I tripped and ate about 60% damage. I cried a little inside. Luigi however has twice the trip rate of any character. I love nintendo's gimmicks so much.

lol Apollo.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm not sure if you are trolling or not AD3PT, but does Luigi really trip twice as much as other characters? o_O

I'm in my Brawl records right now, and Luigi's no. of prat-falls to total play time ratio is basically the same as every other character...

zApollo

Smash Ace
A matter of consistency between wiis is important.

Though, perhaps in the GFs where the stakes are the highest, playing it on a wii with tripping turned off should be fine if both players agree. Nothing worse than being so close to a grand and then losing it thanks to a trip.

Earl vs Corpse in losers bracket now uploaded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm10T7kiMmQ

Ghostbone

Smash Master
You need a hack to turn tripping off, and if you're going to turn tripping off, why not change the randomness of other things. e.g. PS2 would be legalised in a heart beat if it was only the main part.

What reason do you have to turn off tripping and not go on and do things like fixing bugs like Ganon's fair.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yea I know it should be legal with the transformations but it'd definitely be legal if it was only the main part.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I'm not trolling, Luigi has a 2% chance of tripping whereas every other character has a 1% chance. In the case of the Ice Climbers, the 1% is spread across the 2 of them.

I know far to much about this game, if only I could play it a little better lol.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'm not trolling, Luigi has a 2% chance of tripping whereas every other character has a 1% chance. In the case of the Ice Climbers, the 1% is spread across the 2 of them.

I know far to much about this game, if only I could play it a little better lol.
Each Ice Climber has a 1% chance to trip don't they?

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Wow, after watching Jaice's matches I don't know how I could get even remotely close to him. I highly doubt I could touch players like Tibs & Corpse. Great job Jaice & also to you Matt. You did very well.

Congrats to Atilla as well of course & to all the other players who placed well. Well done Nova but Brawl & Melee in one day at a major? You mad.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
The simple fact that all of the fun had just been sucked out of the entire trip. And that there were no good players left to team with anyway.

Top Bottom