• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that Puff can camp really well with just like... a 30% lead if stocks are tied and Lucario has no aura. It's the same as camping with a stock lead except you are more likely to lose the lead.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
The only way I can think you can get the lead in the first place is to camp from the very start and bait him into over commiting.

:phone:

T-block

B2B TST
Grim, you are making no sense at all x.x

Using percentages as rough illustrations:

You claim there is a 100% of winning if you take the first stock. You say it's Jiggs favour, so there must be something like 60% chance of taking the first stock.

Yet in a one-stock match, you claim there is a 60% chance of Lucario winning?

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I wouldn't like to fight against Lucario, because despite his floatiness, he isn't that slow in the air and you may find him catching you with one of his disjointed attacks. I don't think it's that bad in general, though.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
tbh I don't really care much about Jiggs vs Lucario since I don't even use Jiggs against him.

and for Yoshi, hes a pain in the *** big time.

Yoshi: LAWL I'M GONNA RUN AWAY FROM YOU AND SPAM EGGS AND WHEN YOU GET CLOSE IMMA EAT JOO.

Your screwed, you can't camp him, if you try to approach from the air he'll continue to throw eggs at you and if you air dodge he'll grab you. If you try to shield the eggs on the ground he'll still grab you. It's retarted.

I wouldn't care about this matchup either but because of Low Tier tournaments I have to since I don't have Diddy to back me up anymore.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Remember though.

If you hit Yoshi while in Shield, he ends up with a shield break or a punch in the face.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah... eggs make you approach, and then pivot grab makes it hard to approach, and then u-air wrecks you for getting pivot grabbed. If you catch a Yoshi shielding, he will likely spot dodge though, so it's pretty cool getting rests off of that.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
s you should.
That episode is amazing. Haha

The new episode comes out today!
I'm watching it in the school llibrary when it streams.
Can't. Wait.

How'd you like it last night?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I used puff in a few sets.
I used her for first match losers finals and it didn't work out, so i went zss.

I also took 2nd in low tiers, to yoshi -.-.
I did use puff a decent amount.

Mr Assumes-alot

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
I also took 2nd in low tiers, to yoshi -.-
Isn't yoshi going to go up in the tier list and not going to be playable in "low tiers"?(I thought I heard that from gashi)
If so puff can do better in low tiers :D

:phone:

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
When I play Jigglypuff, I notice I over-rely on shielding upon landing to the ground, so I though of something.

What do people think about buffering dashes/ small dash dance (no more than forward-back or back-forward) upon landing to the ground?

All of Jigglypuff's most usable moves can be done out of dash (Grab, Dash attack, Jump, maybe even DACUS), and a dash dance will allow us to move away, then immediately towards an opponent, which complements us dancing around the opponent in the air.

I found my Jigglypuff to be noticeably speedier/harder to hit. There is a risk of tripping, but we're jigglypuff so we won't really be on the ground that much anyways, and it can still be mixed up with shielding for shield grab or OoS aerials upon landing.

I also really like to use nair as followups to attacks for some reason.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would try to follow up against characters with slow fairs. Not against characters like MK. I tried.

I only thought of a small dash dance because it's not like jigglypuff could walk or run, and it seems a little dangerous to just dash straight at the opponent.

ItoI6

Smash Journeyman
Every aerial is too weak to combo into something else below 30 unless its a fair or uair close to the ground. If i hit someone in the air at those percents i just go below them and try to read their landing. From 50 and above i can string together bairs and uairs. Nair sweetspot never seems to combo into anything, I use sourspot to combo into a grab tho.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'm now completely convinced we have an advantage on Olimar. So long as you make sure he doesn't have a yellow pikmin next (otherwise USmash hits you) Falling Pound *****. And then it's either jump away, or it's an Olimar in the air against Jigglypuff.

It's deeper than that, but Olimar is free.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
If it's any help, all of our aerials including Pound either clank with, or outright destroy Pikmin, including Smashes.

Top Bottom