• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inactivity: Jigglypuff's Anime Club

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It's so great.

It's a MU where you actually clearly see Olimar's vulnerability. And falling pound comes from an angle where he can't really throw a hitbox. Everything kills pikmin. Once he's in the air, he probably has lost a stock.

If I were picking a rating, I'd say +1 at the very least, but more like +2.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Once he's in the air, he probably has lost a stock.
I wouldn't necessarily say the air, more like offstage. Olimar in the air definitely has less range than Jigglypuff, but he can whistle anything and follow-up with bair/fair/nair. Olimar offstage vs Jiggs is lol.

Oli basically runs like a madman cause most of Jigg's approaches (pound, sh dair, etc) hits him at his diagonal, which he can't do anything about, besides maybe a tether for mixup.

Also what moves does Jiggs have that get rid of Pikmin?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
BAir
NAir
FAir
DAir
UAir if for whatever reason you need to.

The list for latched ones is entirely dependent on where it's latched. Once you get used to paying attention to that it's not a problem.

*EDIT* I bet rest beats them too. Lulzy options amuse me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You just have to pay close attention.

If you're really having trouble, and have a chance, just USmash, it gets rid of all of them no matter where they are. Top platform on BF can work for this. But I find it easier to just aerial. Probably comes from paying close attention to stages for so long, adding in paying attention to pikmin location isn't that hard a jump.

T-block

B2B TST
lol Olimar is not that easy

You can approach diagonally, which is great against Olimar, but Jiggs falls so slow that it's not as effective. Between grounded up-b and dash u-smash, he can handle Jiggs' approaches fine.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
@Supreme Dirt: Who did you fight to make you so comfortable with the Olimar matchup?

Blissard

Smash Lord
An advantage for Jiggs here is that most Olimains don't know the MU at all, and Olimar can't play it like he normally does or he'll get *****.

I learned that the hard way ._.;;

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Olimar ***** Puff. His killing potential is off the roof and is one of the hardest characters to approach.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
So I name searched jennifurpuff, because I had no idea who that was.

I had a good laugh

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I NEED TO BE HERE MORE FFFFFF~

I love when people choose Temple while I'm playing Jigglypuff. When they get enough damage, get sent flying, and when they try to recover, I use Jigglypuff's Up air or Side special and then they get bumped against the ceiling and get sent down, and I mean DOWN. ...Y'know? Has anyone done this as well? :p This works on other stages as well.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
We talking favorite banned stages?

Mario Bros.

It's like, so what if you have a hard time killing? Get a turtle.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
You people are crazy.

What's better than Puff having a stock lead?
Jigglypuff having a stock lead and never dying on Spear Pillar.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, my favourite banned stage? Either Pirate Ship or Norfair.

My favourite stage of all time? Planet Zebes from 64. Now that's how you do a Metroid stage. I hate Brinstar with a passion.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Melee Mute City, Brinstar Depths, and Pokefloats all need to come back. They were da bess.

But of course, you know, we got Big Blue and Brinstar instead. FML

Least we got Jungle Japes instead of Kongo Jungle =D

Top Bottom