• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Lol, I guess I switched mains to Illinois since I now spend most of the year there. California is still a very strong secondary though. I might switch back after I graduate college.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
So Falco and Olimar get top two at Apex... I could not have called that. Where did San place? I can't find a full bracket or anything for Brawl singles.

:034:

-RedX-

Smash Lord
I like how an Ike head pops out in between all those characters.
Also, Brood matches made the game so interesting to me. Hella hype.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Watching Brood vs M2K was amazing. I will never look at Olimar the same way again. Although same for Falco after watching DEHF vs Brood... way more exciting and entertaining final matches than MK vs MK or Ally vs M2K would have been.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
San man, you gotta start breaking into the top 8 at those large, national tournaments, so I can laugh at A2 even further. ;_; Nevertheless, amazing job.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
:x San lost first round in winners then cruised past boss, then bloodcross, then ultimaterazer and finally Gnes then he had to play Atomsk which really.... sucked cause its DDD. But he did fsmash atomsk after he jumped like 4 jumps trying to not fall in it lololol

San vs Gnes was the best match ever. OMG is all you can say, san 2-0'd Gnes with fsmash being the game winner. Omg just wait till the videos get up

Also Ally got 5th bored

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
9th out of 266. Not awful. I mean, I'm almost impressed.

San took out the Texans that mattered at that tourney. =O
Everyone may hate me for regularly rooting for him.

M2K and Ally both played pretty dumb against Brood to be honest. "Oh, I'ma try out-camping Olimar. Wait, I'm still losing? Lemme air dodge in and see what happens." I noticed the only person who would run up and spot dodge the grab was Larry. And guess who beat Brood. Twice.

I just realized Gnes choked when he should have beaten Larry. That set really changed up the tournament.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I'd like to see the San vs Atomsk videos because I would have thought San could beat him for some reason. I mean it may have been close so he probably can. But yah I wanna see San vs Gnes too.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Grats San! Showing that fsmash is actually usable. :) I didn't watch any of the livestream, so I am really looking forward to the vids.

hope some of sans matches got recorded. The guy san lost to in the first round was named DOOM not the one with crappy SDI and he said on live stream he's never been so scared of an ike. MAybe it was just me but the game play at this tourney, even the camping was a lot faster than usual. I hate falco but DEHF was really impressive today.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Yah the one with crappy SDI who mains Ike is Mr. Doom.

So Doom beats San but then places 17th while San takes 9th? I smell some upsets going on.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well, it's good to see some totally new results. Regardless, let's hope we can see some consistency now. Won't matter much if M2K and Ally go back to being in GF over and over.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
There'll probably never be any real consistency, for extended periods anyways. There will almost always be some surprises in the top 8 at major tourneys, which is what makes it interesting. I really hope it doesn't go back to being Ally and M2K GFs all the time... boring times were boring.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well if there's one thing I learned, it's that OoS people usually struggle a bit more than people in state or in same region. I think it has more to do with how OoS people have to deal with different play styles every match, while in state usually see a familiar face or two.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Doom is a pretty solid MK but nothing on the level of M2K/Shadow/Anti, just shows how rough a smart MK can be on an Ike (even a San).

But holy **** at San givin the **** to Ike's other hard matchups like Snake/Falco/Diddy. I'm really looking forward to seeing any vids on these sets to see how he gets past those projectile walls.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Note that I just said hard. Falco is awful though and Bloodcross is a pretty good Falco. He's known to let his nerves get the best of him however and San's Ike can probably be pretty intimidating.

Slaps

Smash Lord
NNID
iSlaps
that live stream was too epic!! I didn't see DEHF vs M2K in winners, i heard that was epic. But I saw Brood vs Lee Martin and M2K, saw some of the WF matches and all of GF. I was really rooting for Brood, it's always nice to see out of state/country players disturb the typical results. It wasn't even just Brood causing surprise placements; San and DEHF did their fair share of *** kicking XD. Also if no one was there, on the stream they put Nicole on after a pools match and stream froze XD http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=12778... What I didn't like was the trailer Silven did for Apex had players featured that didn't go, like UTDZac, Reflex, Mike Haze, and Anther. They might have really made a big difference.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
hi

I'm bad but MK just ***** Ike

I lost to Lain 2-1 in winners then played like ball sack vs. Inui in losers

heat sucks

dropped controller from sweat vs. Lain LOL

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Doom was the only MK besides Lee that I lost a set in the entire tourney- pools/friendlies. (and I played quite a few MKs). Maybe I got a little flustered after the lolicide on Delfino, but it was all good I guess. Went last stock last hit over 120-130% in the end. In losers, I mostly played against people I've already played before, and knew my chances of winning beforehand.

Met and hung out with Ussi for most of the tourney. Hopefully he uploads some of the doubles Ike videos, they were pretty lulz.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Congratulations, San.

I want to go to one of these so badly. Living in California is pretty much the same as me living in the UK as far as me travelling to the east coast is concerned, though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sup Ike boards.

Dunno if I've made the full jump or not, but Ike's lookin' likely for me. Canada needs a front-running Ike. ....and if there is one already, call me ignorant. HI. /hangs out here

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Sup Ike boards.

Dunno if I've made the full jump or not, but Ike's lookin' likely for me. Canada needs a front-running Ike. ....and if there is one already, call me ignorant. HI. /hangs out here
well hi, good to see new people around, also there are a few canadian's so you dont get the spot instantly XD

D

Deleted member

Congrats on the tournament, San. Your Ike is pretty wicked!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
It seems like I need to go to a major scene and make some noise. I'm already 1st in the KS-IA-MO Doubles Circuit, and 3rd in the Singles Circuit. But, that doesn't seem to be enough.

Edit: Voice acting could use a little work, but the ending is great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=negbirdlVho

Edit 2: I wasted my 1000th post on this??? Dang.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
lol you can do it Mr. Doom. lol@vid
Have a massive headache due to the lack of sleep the last couple days, kind of expected. I was sad Nys didn't come to Apex though even though I met a bunch of Canadian smashers.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
San is amazing hehe. Awesome job

But I just wish I could have given you a better set... and a better ending (rage). I wasn't at my best (anxiety, hunger, trashtalking, insert more johns lol), but that probably didn't change anything as you're better than me anyway. I'll give it to you at MLG though, cya there ;)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
San won't be at MLG Raleigh most likely due to classes starting that week. I don't blame him either, real life is much more important.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
San is amazing hehe. Awesome job

But I just wish I could have given you a better set... and a better ending (rage). I wasn't at my best (anxiety, hunger, trashtalking, insert more johns lol), but that probably didn't change anything as you're better than me anyway. I'll give it to you at MLG though, cya there ;)
It's all cool. TBQH, the trashtalk was a conspiracy made with the help of hinkage, mikeray4 aka NEPro, and PikaPika.

Top Bottom