• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Hm, I didn't realize that the new Pokemon games were a month and a half away from release.

And right before school starts too. Great.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Probably no Switching so 3 poke teams only.

The middle pokemon is the most crucial...

I am gonna hate protect x 2, middle explodes.

I hope protect just stops working in 3vs3 :/

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I would recommend you use a Pokemon with the Damp ability to avoid explosions but they all suck sooooooo...

I am more interested to see the actual new Pokemon themselves rather than how the competitive metagame develops, for once.

I'll make 2 solid predictions:
- A Pokemon that does not need an evolution will get one.
- A Pokemon that needs an evolution (Banette where you at?) will not get one.

Oh, prediction #3:
If the Grass starter is pure grass, it'll suck. If it's Grass/(anything not flying or bug) then it'll be solid.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Nosepass was good for exactly one thing in the Ruby / Sapphire / Emerald generation: Trapping enemy Skarmory and killing them. Problem was, Magneton did that job even better (and killed Forretress as well).

Both Magneton and Nosepass got stupid looking evolutions. Difference is, Magnezone (new Magneton) is better in almost every way (bar speed) while Probopass (despite having a cool mustache) manages to be one of the worst defensive type combinations in Pokemon: Rock / Steel. Weak 4x to the two most prevalent physical attack types in the game (Ground / Fighting).

Useless Pokemon metagame lesson, but hey, whatever.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Arc Rise Fantasia.
Latest RPG for Wii.
Play it. Now.
I was going to criticize your methods of persuasion but then I read a bit of the Wiki article.

"Arc Rise Fantasia is set in the Meridian Empire. Creatures called "Feldragons" are causing a lot of trouble as they pass the Meridian in flocks. If one is killed, the resulting explosion poisons the local area..."

You can tell where I stopped reading and instantly switched to my "Obtainment List" text file for when I return to the states. I'll also note that you only asked me to play the game, which I'll do, not buy it.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I just watched the tutorial fight video on IGN, I seriously hate it when they just show character portraits during voice dialogue. Why not just show the character models speaking? -_-

Oh and voices are kinda homo. "Must answer my calling" "Cool thanks!" "Piece of cake" "I have to try harder!"

With that being said, I'm gonna go ahead and obtain it.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I want to play Sin & Punishment 2 before I acquire a JRPG that's probably not nearly as good as DQ IX

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yup, this means i definetely dont play enough other games, my games list these days is
brawl
mariokart wii
twilight princess

hmm....

-RedX-

Smash Lord
The VA for Arc Rise is pretty bad but I eventually got used to it. If and when they release the Japanese voice files, I'll be able to replace the English VA.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Sin and Punishment 2 is super fun San. I got the European version (came out 2 months before US release). Really fun game.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Yeah, this isn't a debate thread. There was a healthcare thread on AiB but it has been dead for some time. I'll stop posting about that. Sorry.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
meh, i want to turn up to one of these things, though personally i don't think i'll be good enough for any of these things, im an above average player in the uk, and the uk's best only came 7th at BBI (the thing in europe ally went to) so im probs not all that good

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
is san going in this one too? I wanna see san vs illamatic again. some peach pros were giving illamatic MU tips against ike. Lets see how he fairs this time

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol ike/peach is 50:50 aint it?

oh through sheer boredom while the plumbers are busy ripping my house apart, i did a little research on the new stages

the plant pellets on distant planet do almost no knockback, and the damage they cause is the number on them + 5%
in other words:
pellet1 = 6%
pellet5 = 10%
pellet10 = 15%

and on luigis mansion, if taller characters tech on the ceiling you can instantly regrab for extra damage
it works on these characters:
bowser, donkey kong, snake, king dedede, charizard, ganondorf, samus, r.o.b, ike, falcon, link, peach, marth, zelda, zero suit samus

the timnig is different depending on character height

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
and on luigis mansion, if taller characters tech on the ceiling you can instantly regrab for extra damage
it works on these characters:
bowser, donkey kong, snake, king dedede, charizard, ganondorf, samus, r.o.b, ike, falcon, link, peach, marth, zelda, zero suit samus

the timnig is different depending on character height
Did you account for the fact that Ike's pivot grab reaches higher than his standing or dash grabs?

I BET YOU DIDN'T!

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Did you account for the fact that Ike's pivot grab reaches higher than his standing or dash grabs?

I BET YOU DIDN'T!
i did, however they can move to safety before you can pivot grab, so therefore donig a standing grab is better, unless of course they di towards you and end up behind you hen they tech, in which case, jsut u-tilt

Heartstring

Smash Legend
How scientific were your tests? Did you do all of this in frame by frame mode?
it was trial and error, my wii cannot be hacked, i jsut got my brother to tech the d-throw and try to escape another regrab with all teh characters

so in other words, pretty unsceintific ^_^

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I see.

Well, it's good enough research for now, so nice job. We can do more in depth research later if we have to.

Although we have so much more to research (F/Bthrow advantage on slopes, effects of foxtrotting on Ike's speed relative to the Bthrow advantage, Bthrow advantage in general, etc) that this might be put on the backburner.

I was kinda hoping someone with the debug code would have done some research by now but that's not really happening, haha.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
All I know is that for light characters, dash attack-->bthrow works around the 70-80% area (like olimar, MK, marth light). Maybe a little less like 65% may also work.

Also, Apex pools
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10900241#post10900241

Ussi has a pretty tough pool.. =(
Anti, Izumi MKs, and Nicole's a skilled peach, and Coyn3Masta and Peachkid can probably put up a good fight, too.

Anti
Izumi
Nicole
Ussi
Coyn3Masta
PeachKid

In mine I only know of Strombert (falco?) TommyGreenShirt(Sonic) and Seagull(Wolf?)
I assume alex is Lucario lol.

san
TommyGreenShirt
alexofthaura
Nintendo Master
Stroumbert
Seagull

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I have travel money johns, though I am expecting some cash after the 16th of August. Bleah, that's not gonna help me...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
I've heard good things about Seagull but the rest of them aren't ringing any bells. Seagull uses Wolf which might be a bit of a hassle if you don't know the match-up, I guess. Not too many people use him.

Ussi is going to have to put up a good effort to get into top 3, though. He has a pretty tough pool.

Good luck to both of you!

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I went to UTD Zac's place last night to play some Smash. Talked to everyone there about the stage list. Zac said Texas is not going to adopt it-- or the limitless ledge-grab rules.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Yesterday was pretty meh for me. After work, I had to go to some SUNY thing where they talk about the schools and some other stuff. Didn't know they had some joint thing with Cornell, but it's all science stuff that I'm not interested in. Since we were in Manhattan, my family decided to go eat Applebee's there, even if it was expensive, and my dad took a lot of pictures. Might try for Stonybrook or Albany. I know I could get in Stonybrook because required SAT scores is like 1140, and my lowest was a 1680.

Apex is this weekend right? Wish I was going. Darned ACT diagnostic test this Saturday, the day I want to go because that's when singles start. Would I still be able to just go without entering any tourneys and just having friendlies? Just curious if I could.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i want to go to apex too, but theres that ****ed atlantic in teh way, gee i wish i was moses right about now

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Whoa buddy. The Red Sea and the Atlantic Ocean are to different things. Moses might want to do some testing to make sure he can part the whole ocean.

Also, I think walking across the ocean would take a longer time than flying by plane and end up costing well over a plane ticket's worth of time, effort, and money.

Top Bottom