• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Don't do it brett, you're gonna be like ok i'm gonna punish this poorly spaced Snake ftilt and he ftilts you again and you get hit because of input lag

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm staying up then sleeping till the Zuhr cause its summer woot woot days go so fast when i wake up at 1pm

days go too fast... :urg: thats all of my summer vacation

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Finished uploading the vid between me and a friend on WiFi on Luigi's Mansion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ueVZmEF7eQ

When I find a better way of uploading vids that don't require wasting DVD ROMs that can't be deleted, I'll put up some other vids for critique.
meh, that fox really didn't seem to be much on the same level. I can say that when ya recovered with aether around 1:18 or so, you could a of sealed the deal with a hit and screw up his recovery with a reverse aether.

meh *shrugs*

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
So outta curiosity, what color of Ike does everyone use?

I know that San rocks the golden one, and RedX and Ryoko are red.

I'm reppin' the good ol' fashioned default. I wanna become the best Ike who uses that one.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
sup kirk. tiem 2 die.

lulz

In all seriousness, I've got a good feeling about this. My Sonic is my strongest, but nobody ever gets good with a different character by flaking and giving up on them. I'll be Canada's equivalent of San and work to go past that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
So playing with fujita this morning
My ike is terribad lol, no execution worth a ****
My snake is also terribad but it's more matchup based

Granted I don't like fighting falco either way.

I took maybe 35ish% of the games, a couple of sets here and there but there's a high likelihood he was just ****ing with me during some of those matches.

Oh and the fact that pictochat is legal still baffles me, ****'s garbage.

Touche. But if we're going by standards such as that, I think Ryko is pretty much the only one that isn't white.

I was talking about skin color.

inb4racist
San's darker than I. Renegade is slightly lighter but def qualifies. Silven for what it's worth is blackathanblacky'all.

Judo777

Smash Master
Just wanna say gj San showing people that lower tiers can still place in nationals.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I just came here

to congratz san for his amazing placing with ike

congratz :D

that last fsmash was too good

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Gonna have to kill Kirk and then me. And Light.

Wow, what's up with the white Ikes picking default?
Skin color wise, I'm more of an olive skin tone than white. Which really baffles me because the rest of my family is pretty much a few skin tones lighter than me. I'd post a picture of myself but I kind of don't want to access Facebook on an open WiFi network. Probably nothing is going to happen but eh, better safe than sorry. Best description I can give of myself is that I'm usually mistaken for being either Spanish or Italian. I don't really concern myself with my race (or the race of others), so I never really bother telling people what my actual race is.

I just pick default Ike because a) it requires less button presses and b) I usually have textures on anyway so it doesn't matter. Texture wise I use either Squall or Roronoa Zoro.

Also this is random but I just have to share this image because I thought it was very amusing:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i'm loving my saturos texture for now. I put it over gold so whenever i'll fight san i'm gonna be fighting a ****** villian

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
San =/= Sanford Kelly, lol. And no, I don't think so.

But I'm pretty sure Ryko plays BlazBlue? And I might get into BlazBlue sometime soonish. Big MAYBE, though.

Edit, Mr Doom messes with BB too.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm utterly in love with blazblue as I am with most fighters but I don't play any of them. I actually think I just hate picking up a controller.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Played blazblue only once...It was an ok experience for some reason i did good with rachael though :/

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I prefer regular games over fighters. Don't know why I'm not too interested in them.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i play tekken if brawl ever bores me (rarely happens)
i suck at combo's though, so i mash buttons with lili and watch her do amazing things XP

-RedX-

Smash Lord
That fsmash at the end must've pissed off Gnes cuz he had San at like 170%+...rofl.
I think I have an idea on how to use dash attack in that MU now.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It's in Ussi's post. Move your mouse to it.

That fsmash at the end must've pissed off Gnes cuz he had San at like 170%+...rofl.
I think I have an idea on how to use dash attack in that MU now.
Gnes is probably the whitest black guy here, but I'm sure there was some black rage coming out after that.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
One thing I forgot about that would have been useful a few times was picking up the banana with an upsmash.

And Ussi, I thought for the longest that was a RedX post until I looked again lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Yea you slipped on a banana trying to usmash..

You basically do a dacus.. bleh i don't have that timing down..

Maybe i should get a new color to show its a link instead of red

Top Bottom