• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike Boards General/Q&A Thread

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
It's all cool. TBQH, the trashtalk was a conspiracy made with the help of hinkage, mikeray4 aka NEPro, and PikaPika.
Honestly/obviously, I already knew it was coming and I had adapted a playstyle when against it... I just didn't do it cuz I forgot to. Mindblank mostly. But I won't **** around when I'm faced against such a pathetic resort such as trashtalking.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I ran into Colaya at Apex too, we played Ike dittos.

First day of Apex i played 50 some Ike dittos with San. Man i learned so much from getting wrecked by him xD to the point i sometimes got him to 1 stock :D

Never could land a dair but i managed to land a few fsmashes :D.. While i took like dtilt, dair, and fsmash and got jabbed like 5 times in a row before i could get out if i didn't then i got sent in the "Get out of jab DI to the blastzone"

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Sup Ike boards.

Dunno if I've made the full jump or not, but Ike's lookin' likely for me. Canada needs a front-running Ike. ....and if there is one already, call me ignorant. HI. /hangs out here
Yah we need more Canadian Ike mains for sure, glad to have you aboard. There's not really any official documents that say I'm the 'best' Ike main in Canada (never been to a national or anything) but I'm pretty sure I've been the only player in Canada consistently using Ike in tourney and placing well locally for a long time.

Do you do any WiFi? We could have friendlies sometime; I don't live very close to any of my other local smashers so I end up on WiFi a lot for practice.

:034:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yah we need more Canadian Ike mains for sure, glad to have you aboard. There's not really any official documents that say I'm the 'best' Ike main in Canada (never been to a national or anything) but I'm pretty sure I've been the only player in Canada consistently using Ike in tourney and placing well locally for a long time.

Do you do any WiFi? We could have friendlies sometime; I don't live very close to any of my other local smashers so I end up on WiFi a lot for practice.

:034:
I've been to Genesis, but when I was there I was repping Sonic with Shado and the others. And you'd be right about that one. Here on the West Coast I don't see anything for Ike asides Zero. He was an Ike main before he switched on and off with quitting Brawl and switching to people like Dedede and Meta Knight.

So...guess it's up to me on this coast. lol

And yeah, I can do WiFi. But I usually prefer not to because of bad habits that can arise. With someone like Ike though it's easier to take things slower. I'll take you on any time you want, for sure!

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
So Fujita, Brood, Sweet Pea and Suinoko are staying at my house for the next 3 days.

I have 0 desire to play brawl.

Watching them watch Jason plank brood on rainbow cruise for 8 minutes probably didnt help matters. Brood is enjoying every second though, bumpin that **** like "yayuh ***** I got planked on rainbow but I still won the set, turn the volume up"

This should be fun

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So exhausted. Woke up wee early morning, loaded up van with furniture and stuff, drove to Austin (4 hours), unpacked furniture, built it in my room (which is upstairs), had to carry mattress up, drove back home, now I must write a 5 page paper on Capital Punishment. Productive hardcore.

Edit: Brett, I'm sorry, but that wink at the end of your topic title makes the whole thread title sound way too wrong.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i can imagine that distant planet will soon be turned illegal again because of how you can technically run from your opponent forever

but still, its mad fun

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hello ladies. Look at your Ike. Now back to mine. Now back to your own. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped using that crappy Side+B to recover and switched to free-falling Aethers, it could look like it's mine.

Look down. Back up. Where are you? You're off the stage, from a FAir your Ike could FAir like!

What's in your hand? Back at my Ike. You're open. It's a counter with two stocks you've been tanking this match. Look again. The stocks are now gone!

Anything is possible when your Ike spikes like a pro and not a scrub.

I'm in Low Tier. :ike:

AN(M)ist

Smash Ace
NNID
abidmozaffar
3DS FC
1134-9541-1303
props to Karaudo :bigthumbu...

man I feel so happy tht sonic mains r looking up to ike. i myself like sonic - grew up with him - and ike so much in brawl, just wish I was as good with sonic as with ike. But at least there r ppl who have favs like mine :bee:.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Rofl distant planet. I like how the aether got him at the end.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
San literally does always please the crowd. I think it was me and Mr. Doom that was really trying to get him on the stream. They kept showing mks. All we could hear was oh san just beat Gnes lol. Everybody was cheering for you San.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's because I won first match vs gnes because he tripped on a banana to reverse upsmash at 100 on battlefield, and on the 2nd match I came back from a pretty nice lead and he got fsmashed on smashville.

I didn't really care if I was on the stream or not, lol.

Reg15

Smash Apprentice
It's because I won first match vs gnes because he tripped on a banana to reverse upsmash at 100 on battlefield, and on the 2nd match I came back from a pretty nice lead and he got fsmashed on smashville.

I didn't really care if I was on the stream or not, lol.
I wanna see those matches. They said they were going to put them up though. And Im still not sure how to reverse upsmash with the c-stick set to attack.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So San, what do you think of these Japanese players like Brood, Earth and Rain? I'm very impressed by what they did, especially since they had come overseas.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've only played Brood. I was very impressed. We played 2 friendly sets, and I only won the first match- 2 stock. All the other matches he won, 1 stock lead. I had to try to switch up my play to focus a little more on grabs because he began to whistle many of my attempts.

The worst part of the matches were on FD when I was stuck on the ledge, another reason why I just suck at that stage.

I saw Brood double 3 stock Prawn, mess up Fino, and beat PikaPika in friendly sets.

*Hopefully* Ryko changes his mind and decides to play with them lol.

Ussi also played Brood but I didn't see them play so he probably has his own impressions.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Well given how I always hear about Japanese players only having 3 starter stages, and not many counter picks, I'm impressed with how they handled themselves. Are they seriously the best from Japan or was that just some hype material?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
i played both Brood and Rain. Rain 2 stocked me twice on lylat and FD. I think he was impressed or disappointed i took a stock of him due to me jabbing him. If i could powershield both lasers then i probably would have taken another stock.

I always took a stock off brood as well, bthrow to dash attack so good xD

EDIT: So i looked at the bracket.. now if San beat Doom he would have gone to play Kel, then Lain, then M2K. If he lost to lain then he'd end up facing a bunch of MKs, if he beat Lain then lost to M2K, then he'd end up fighting Shugo then Atomsk but this time for top 8

D1

Banned via Administration
Ryko here: Theyre hyped to play minus so me and ninjalink are goofing around in doubles. I got 1 stocked by them all when I played v brawl earlier, won like 2 matches against sweet pea and like 1 against suinoko, if even that. I'm bad at this lol.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah right, all of them made the 64 man bracket lol. Ryko is secretly amazing, but chooses to hide himself =(

On a side note, leaving brooklyn- $11 bridge toll? WTF lol.

If any of the Japanese knows any amounts of english, I would like to hear their opinions on the current Ikes in Japan. I know Brood played me and Ussi played plenty of the Japanese.

There are a few things concerning jabbing around bananas and standing item grab I need to look at atm.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When people saw you jab Gnes with a banana right in front of you yet you didn't trip, they were like "Ike's jab got that range"

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Yeah, I saw that and decided to learn how to just jab/do whatever without slipping or needing to pick up a banana. I think it has something to do with Ike's jab2/combat walking.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
If you jab and don't pick up a banana, if you want to hit diddy, it's best just to finish all 3 jabs. You can trip trying to do jab2 but not jab3, so combat walks aren't too great unless you think you won't trip during jab2. Instathrow from the ground seems like a better option while this and DACUS (pick up banana upsmash) are possible mixups.

I also tried messing around with DACIT. I couldn't think of any way for me to throw it down and DACIT. Throwing it behind you while DACIT forward seems useful in every situation except for nanners: Peanuts, nades, gyros, and ZSS pieces. DACIT throwing behind you seems a little harder to perform than a boost pivot grab. Any possible combos are nice if DACIT may help us do it. Just requires spamming it during matches to see what works.

Tried messing around with buffering boost pivot grabs out of nair and fast fall air dodge and looks cool but I don't see too much use lol. I do see some potential with boost pivot grab that maybe others have already tried doing (saw lots of Ikes messing with pivot grabs in general for a long while).

Tried messing around with high % throws (110-130%) with fthrow and bthrow and reactions seem to be DI dependent. They can be thrown on the ground too far or right in front of you. On BF if they DI really bad, fthrow can land them on the platform (free upsmash), or if they buffer airdodge sometimes you can get a dash attack in from high % fthrow. I *do know high % fthrow to dash attack near the ledge/offstage is awesome though for characters without a quick disjoint in front of them.

meh, just trying out random stuff at the moment.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I think we need to learn to SDI to the stage and tech when being hit out of aether.

I did it twice at Apex, on one Peach's Toad and once when San fair'd my aether on SV then i wall tech to wall jump away to my death

though nvm... aether kinda has to be next to the stage

Also...

san's jigg is evil, do NOT challenge it.....

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Rofl Jiggs is the queen of evil.

That reminds me when I teched that fart from that wario (punishment divine I think) then went beast mode for the 2 stock. Too bad I failed techs all the other times. This tourney is the first time I contemplated just taking the springs out of 1 of my controller's shoulder buttons.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
san just take them both out! You won't regret it! I don't want to watch you FF being hit out of shuttle loop cause you didn't AD in time cause you spent 3-4 frames pressing the shield button D:

When i saw you tech Wario's fart, the other guy lost his morale a bit. Then you wreck him on rainbow cruise too lolol. Man i love that stage, i CP'd it in pools too. San also showed me how to not be afraid of MK on that stage now too.

Also, Yoshi's Island is tech heaven, DI to the wall to wall tech jump to footstool beats dem people trying to spike aether. I did it to a ganondorf lolol

EDIT:

can anyone upload 3 replays for me? I left my dazzle at the house i was housing at @_@... (Its 2 double Ike of me and San and then a Ike/Luigi team of San and Famous)

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
So I'm trying to upload a vid of me and a friend doing WiFi friendlies on Luigi's Mansion from a DVD ROM or something my dad had lying around. Gonna upload one and post it just to see what you guys think of Ike on the stage.

I wish I could have gone to Apex to see San and Ussi, and get owned offline as well.

Also: what's with taking the springs out of the controllers?

Top Bottom