• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Personally, I would look for a MU that I'm not fond with or just do plain bad. With that being said, I would consider....

1. For Sure: Peach, Diddy, Marth, Falco, Yoshi
2. Maybe: Wario, Olimar, G&W, Lucario
3. Never: MK, Bowser, Ganon. They all too good.

But that's just my personal opinion. I just want to learn a MU that a lot of players use in tourny/high tier.

OMG def agree with the peach and olimar....i think maybe um TL too

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
You know that whoever we play is going to go into 2008 mode and just say that Ike is good on WiFi, right?

But I personally would use the character rankings list and just randomly pick a character each biweekly to play against. Just use Ike himself as the cutoff point and just randomly pick and choose from the ~20 characters above him on the rankings list.

The logic behind that is "If you're using Ike, be prepared to face everyone more common / better than Ike."

Make sense?

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Hey, Marth wifi johns are legit. It sucks when you do DB1>2 and then start DB1 again.

Some MU's I wouldn't mind practicing: Snake, Wario, Falco, Diddy, Peach, Sonic, Yoshi.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
idk if anyone thinks ike is good on wifi is dumb.

i think we can all agree on peach i never really learned the mu i never play peach mains even the like 4 i have in my region inever play in tourney

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
I'd like to learn Olimar,Snake,Falco,ROB, and Lucario maybe peach too i have some difficulties finding peach

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I still have the worse w:l ratio, so all is right in the world. :D

If we end up playing MK on wifi, I'm going to shoot you Nys. Through the internet. I'll be that mad.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*!*

THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END!

In all seriousness: I forgot that CK existed (thanks for ruining that, jerk), and I can't imagine a guy having less wins than me...maybe he has a lot more losses than me....

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Best way to gauge how much one is improving, use Cristina as a rival XD

2-0 Lost
1-2 Lost
*2-0 Win

*Prediction for if we ever face off again
LOL WHAT. D< GRR! You know, I did do that I think. I was sad. T_T I guess I'm getting better AND worse at the same time... I know I did a lot worse this time than the other times. I think. Okay, maybe not the first time, but you know. :x

I can't wait to fight other boards, though. D; But I agree with Niddo. If we fight the Meta Knights, I'm gonna flip. :urg:

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
LOL WHAT. D< GRR! You know, I did do that I think. I was sad. T_T I guess I'm getting better AND worse at the same time... I know I did a lot worse this time than the other times. I think. Okay, maybe not the first time, but you know. :x

I can't wait to fight other boards, though. D; But I agree with Niddo. If we fight the Meta Knights, I'm gonna flip. :urg:
Lol oh how I take such things out of context.

And meh; I would say lets get the worse outta the way first (MK obviously), but risk getting swiped at in more ways than one with a ragnell for that idea <_<

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
We're most likely not gonna do MK for the sole reason that he's much more difficult to play on wifi than he is in person.
i agree with ya bored i think we should make a poll some wheres and vote which board to play :O ?

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I can't believe I hadn't figured out how to add polls to an existing thread before. Okay so the poll is up for who we should challenge first, using ten of the most mentioned options from the last couple pages of discussion here. I've excluded MK because, like Bored said, playing MK online is just frustratingly stupid and there are plenty of offline MKs to practice on in just about any local scene.

So, vote soon because the poll will close in five days (sometime this weekend). Once all the results are in we'll get to work persuading whatever board we choose to play against us.

:034:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Here's the new and final PR for this season.

1 - San (Undefeated. Duh)
2 - Bored (No one likes Red in our PR discussion)
3 - RedX (Shoulda dropped him to 10th)
4 - Nysyarc (We need a Canadian in the middle)
5 - Ussi (Played like a man hungry, but retains his spot)
6 - Brett (Played like...wait he didn't.)
7 - HollowCore (Could have gone up, but sucked last bi-weekly)
8 - Jam (Has not lost the game...yet)

If anyone has any questions or comments on why we decided on this specific list, feel free to post or PM.

Our biggest debate was if we should have Hollow at 6th and Brett at 7th. However, because Hollow didn't do so well this past bi-weekly, Brett has missed only 2 straight, and the win percentage difference is great, we decided to keep it this way.

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
The updated PR looks nice, everyone! ^-^

I'll be joining with you fellow Ike users for the bi-weeklies against the other character boards! ^-^ Even with the "all Ike" event being done, I was wondering if you would still be interested to exchange FCs with me. Just for friendlies. I only have Craysyn's ready. ^-^ I'll begin inputting FCs from the other Ikes after I have their permission. :)

Thank you, fellow Ikes! ^-^

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
Wait... WHAT!? I made it in? I think I might pass out before and during the PR tourney or whatever. And this was my worst bi-weekly. Thanks anyways.

EDIT: I still haven't decided on who I want to play more for the inter-board bi-weekly. I'm leaning towards Olimar because he's my second and I want to know how they play because I have not kept up at all with his metagame. My next choice would be Snake because yes. Seriously though, the San vs. Ally matches I've seen when I got into competitive smash just blew my mind and made me think the characters will forever be archrivals or something.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
DUDE IF ONLY I HAD CRUSHED YOU... werasfAWEDIW!!! I could have dominated your spot!!! D<
Vs. Cristina
Wins: 0
Losses: 2
- Lost 0-2
- Lost 1-2
I lost both our sets. And remember the only time I won was when I decided to test Luigi's Mansion in a competitive setting and you agreed to the stage. You're still better than me.

@Ussi: Oh that's why. Now if only I were punctual in work IRL. Still thanks.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Jam's win% is better than Cristina's, Jam also took a set off me while Cristina didn't beat anyone notable (PR ranked, unless you count jam then jam beat a more notable person)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
It basically came down to pinoymk vs Jam for that 8th spot and Jam was up in their sets 2-1. There were obviously other things brought up in the discussion, I don't want to reiterate it all here, lol. We're confident in our final picks.

:034:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
This also means that people not on the PR who have attended to and done well at one event, we're keeping a close eye on how you do if you decide to participate more in the future.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So I guess we should all now discuss what would be an appropriate time for the PR tourny. I would prefer to do it Friday, before I move out. However, I don't think that might be comfortable for everyone.

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten
Here's the new and final PR for this season.

1 - San (Undefeated. Duh)
2 - Bored (No one likes Red in our PR discussion)
3 - RedX (Shoulda dropped him to 10th)
4 - Nysyarc (We need a Canadian in the middle)
5 - Ussi (Played like a man hungry, but retains his spot)
6 - Brett (Played like...wait he didn't.)
7 - HollowCore (Could have gone up, but sucked last bi-weekly)
If anyone has any questions or comments on why we decided on this specific list, feel free to post or PM.

Our biggest debate was if we should have Hollow at 6th and Brett at 7th. However, because Hollow didn't do so well this past bi-weekly, Brett has missed only 2 straight, and the win percentage difference is great, we decided to keep it this way.

You can never win in THE GAME!!!
And grats to Jam of course

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
I guess my previous post must have been overlooked, or probably just didn't stand out... :(

Right, about this PR tourney, I'm good with Fridays too! ^-^

EDIT: Wait, a better idea. I'll should just PM instead.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
So when would the tourney against other character boards be? I'm guessing still we're going to aim still for the same time as the Ike bi-weeklies? Though it depends on them too.

And yay, Snake is winning :p

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
jam got in cause he attended the last three biweeklies. We didn't want any one time show up people on the list.
Fffff. And about that notable person thing... That was lucky! ...I bet... I had a weird win against Cray! I was happy. And kinda psyched. And then I lucked out. xD Lol, who am I kidding. I need to get better... I mean, I am representing Ike at the local tourney anyways. (I've never met anyone at local tourneys or even just around my city who mains Ike).

...Except a nooby ninth grader.

Top Bottom