Last King of Hollywood
- Apr 21, 2009
- Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- 3DS FC
The Official Ike Boards
Bi-Weekly Online Tournament
and Power Rankings Thread
and Power Rankings Thread
Alright Ike Boards, it's time to find out where we stand as Ike players and have some fun while doing it! The premise is simple: I will organize and host an online round-robin tournament every second weekend, which anyone can sign up for, and every three months we'll add up the collective results and see which Ike mains are on top! It will be competitive, but it will be a great experience for all of us and very beneficial to newer Ike mains who can learn a lot from fighting the veterans first hand!
-----|-> The Power Ranking System <-|-----The power rankings will consist of eight players, will be updated bi-weekly, and will be finalized on the first weekend of March, June, September and December. The power rankings will be decided by how well and how frequently each player places in the bi-weekly tournaments (see the section below for more information).
Remember that if you don't make it onto the power rankings, there's always next season! Just keep practicing and give it your best shot at each tournament. Everybody gets a chance to play everybody else since the tournaments won't involve elimination, so there's plenty of opportunity to practice against better players and improve!
And I encourage the more experienced Ike mains on the boards to attend these whenever you can, to help the newer players and to get to know the players in your community not just based on how they communicate in the forums, but on how they play the game first hand. Never judge a book by it's cover, you've got to read it's habits first! Terrible joke, I know.
[collapse=~ Power Rankings Legend ~]^# = Player moved up # spot(s) with new update.
v# = Player moved down # spot(s) with new update.
~ = Player's spot did not change with new update.
+ = Player was just added to the PR with new update.[/collapse]
~ Current Power Rankings ~
1 - Ryo ~
2 - BS ~
3 - Meneil ~
4 - Kimchi +
5 - Nysyarc v1
6 - Bored +
7 - DTK v2
8 - G~P v2
[collapse=~ Power Rankings Archive ~]~ Season 1 Final Power Rankings ~
1 - San ~~~~~~~~~ 31-0 ~~~ 100% Wins
2 - Bored ~~~~~~~ 28-6 ~~~ 82% Wins
3 - RedX ~~~~~~~~ 23-3 ~~~ 89% Wins
4 - Nysyarc ~~~~~ 28-10 ~~ 74% Wins
5 - Ussi ~~~~~~~~ 31-20 ~~ 61% Wins
6 - Brett ~~~~~~~ 14-6 ~~~ 70% Wins
7 - HollowCore ~~ 13-14 ~~ 48% Wins
8 - Jam ~~~~~~~~~ 10-25 ~~ 29% Wins
~ Season 2 Final Power Rankings ~
1 - RedX ~~~~~~~~ 21-2 ~~~ 91% Wins
2 - Bored ~~~~~~~ 19-4 ~~~ 83% Wins
3 - Light ~~~~~~~ 34-11 ~~ 76% Wins
4 - Nysyarc ~~~~~ 42-14 ~~ 75% Wins
5 - Jam ~~~~~~~~~ 16-38 ~~ 30% Wins
6 - Slaps ~~~~~~~ 18-11 ~~ 62% Wins
7 - Ussi ~~~~~~~~ 9-17 ~~~ 35% Wins
8 - Senliten ~~~~ 9-25 ~~~ 27% Wins[/collapse]
I'm going to start keeping track of various records from over the seasons. Only the top 25 participating players, based on total sets played all-time, will be eligible for ranking in the Winning Records section. Otherwise, no limitations exist on achieving the other listed records.
[collapse=~ All-Time Records ~]Winning Records
Most Set Wins (Lifetime):
Nysyarc - 78
Bored - 50
RedX - 44
Most Set Wins (Season):
Nysyarc - 42 - Season 2
Light - 34 - Season 2
San - 31 - Season 1
Most Set Wins (Tournament):
San - 12 - Season 1, Tournament 3
Ussi - 11 - Season 1, Tournament 3
RedX - 10 - Season 2, Tournament 1
Most Match Wins (Lifetime):
Nysyarc - 171
Ussi - 105
Bored - 104
Most Match Wins (Season):
Nysyarc - 92 - Season 2
Light - 77 - Season 2
Ussi - 72 - Season 1
Most Match Wins (Tournament):
San - 24 - Season 1, Tournament 3
Ussi - 23 - Season 1, Tournament 3
Light - 21 - Season 2, Tournament 1
Highest Win % (Lifetime):
San - 100%
Kimchi - 93%
RedX - 90%
Secondary Character Records
Playing Favorites (Most match wins with the same character):
Ryo - 6 - Marth
BS - 5 - Kirby
Meneil, Nysyarc - 4 - Pokémon Trainer, Donkey Kong
Greil Mercenaries (# of secondaries used, highest common match wins between them):
BS - 3 (3)
Meneil - 3 (2)
DTK - 3 (1)
Classic Enthusiast (Most Ike ditto match wins):
BS - 11
Nysyarc, Ryo - 9
Meneil - 8
Ike Supremacist (Most match wins against secondaries):
Meneil - 6
Nysyarc - 5
Ryo, Brett - 4
Fight For Your Friend (Most sets won with a secondary):
BS - 12
Meneil - 8
Ryo - 6
No Sympathy (Most sets won only with Ike):
Nysyarc - 4
Ryo - 3
Meneil, Kimchi - 2
Miscellaneous Individual Records
The Shutout (Most 2-0 victories):
Nysyarc - 58
Bored - 42
San - 41
Run For Your Money (Most 2-1 victories):
Nysyarc - 20
Ussi - 18
RedX - 13
Down With A Fight (Most 1-2 losses):
Ussi - 19
Nysyarc - 15
Jam - 14
Frequent Flyer (Most tournaments attended):
Bored - 11
Jam, Senliten - 9
Ussi - 8
Perfect Attendance (Most consecutive tournaments attended):
Jam - 9
Light, Ussi, Yamato - 6
RedX, Bored, Slaps, Senliten - 5
Trooper (Most times played all in attendance):
Jam - 6
Ussi - 3
San, BS, Kimchi - 2
Deserter (Most times left early):
Bored - 8
Slaps, Senliten, Niddo - 4
G~P - 3
Miscellaneous Group Data
Total sets played - 544
Total matches played - 1245
Tournament total - 13
Attendance total - 141
Average attendance - 10.85
Total times played all in attendance - 26
Total times left early - 44[/collapse]
----|-> Tournament Information and Guidelines <-|----The way the tournaments will work is very simple. People will be allowed to sign up for a week prior to the event, and anyone is welcome, provided they understand the rules for the tournament (listed below). Once everyone is signed up and the time/date of the tourney comes around, the players will meet in a XAT chatroom created specifically for these events, and the tournament will begin.
For the week following the tournament, I will go over the win/loss record of each player and add them to that player's win/loss record from previous tournaments that season (if they have attended any before). At the end of each season, I'll take the collective records for each player that has participated in one or more of the bi-weekly tournaments and form the power rankings for the top eight Ike players that season.
~ Signing Up ~
Signing up for the tournaments will be very simple. I will update the post below the OP with the deadline date for sign-ups every two weeks, and all you have to do is post in this topic using this format:
WiFi Tag / Friend Code
There's no need to include what character you main if it's not Ike. The rules for an initial Ike ditto still apply if Ike is not your main though. Just be sure that if you sign up, you're there on time and ready to fight for your friends. If you've signed up but won't be able to make it, send me a PM to let me know.
~ General Information ~
The tournaments will be round-robin style, which means that each player will play every other player in one set, similar to how pools work for seeding in a larger tournament. If two players forget to play each other or do not have time, that is not a problem. The end results will use a combination of win to loss ratio as well as total number of wins to determine the rankings of each player (don't worry, I'll be doing all of that math, you guys get to just play).
The tournaments will be held on Sunday afternoons bi-weekly. This means that there will be roughly 7 or 8 tournaments each season. Until further notice, all tournaments will begin on Sundays at 3:00 pm EST and run until all sets are completed or all participants have to leave.
~ Specific Rules and Guidelines ~
Rules that are HIGHLIGHTED AND BOLDED are NEW and/or IMPORTANT.
- Each set will be best 2 out of 3 matches.
- Each match will be 3 stocks with an 8 minute timer.
- Items will be set to 'Off' and 'None'.
- Stalling is banned.
- The character Meta Knight is banned and can only be used by either player if both players agree to it.
- In the event of a time out, the winner is decided first by stocks, then by percents. If stocks and percents are tied, a 1-stock match with a 4 minute timer will be played on a random neutral stage to determine the winner.
- Before a set, each player must strike 2 of the 5 listed Starter Stages, so that only 1 stage remains. This remaining stage will be used for the first match.
- Both players must use the character Ike for the first match of a set.
- The winner of a match may choose to ban 1 stage (Starter or Counterpick) so that the loser cannot counter-pick that stage. The loser then chooses any Starter or Counterpick stage to play on, besides the other player's banned stage.
- The player who just won a match must play as a secondary character of their choosing for the next match in the set (however, see above rule for the Meta Knight ban). The player must announce their secondary character to their opponent before said opponent counter-picks a stage.
- The player who just lost a match must play as Ike for the next match in the set.
- The above two rules apply to matches 2 and 3 in any set. If the set goes to match 3, the loser of match 2 must play as Ike for match 3 and counter-pick after the winner of match 2 announces their secondary character.
- A player may not choose to return to a stage they have already won on previously in the same set.
- When the tournament begins, each player will be required to play every other player once in a full 2/3 set (no more than once). Players are permitted to leave early if they need to, but may stay as long as they like to finish their sets.
- After completion of a set, players are required to use the Xat chat room's Private Chat function (not Private Message) to give the TO the score of the set in matches (ex. "I won 2-0" or "I lost 1-2").
- The secondary character a player chose to use, if they were required to use one in the set, must also be told to the TO along with whether or not they won a match with said secondary character. If applicable, players are also asked to please report the secondary character that their opponent used in the set.
This is the stage list that will be used for striking and counter-picking in all of the tournaments. As long as both players agree to play on a stage that is not listed here, it is perfectly allowed.
~ Starters ~
Yoshi's Island Brawl
~ Counter Picks ~
Pokémon Stadium 1
[collapse=~ Example Set ~]Set: Foo vs Bar
Foo strikes Final Destination --->-- Bar strikes Yoshi's Island and Castle Siege --->-- Foo strikes Smashville
Match 1: Foo vs Bar on Battlefield
Foo selects a secondary character () and announces it to Bar --->-- Foo bans Lylat Cruise --->-- Bar counter-picks Delfino Plaza
Match 2: Foo vs Bar on Delfino Plaza
Bar selects a secondary character () and announces it to Foo --->-- Bar bans Final Destination --->-- Foo counter-picks Halberd
Match 3: Foo vs Bar on Halberd
Foo wins the set 2 to 1[/collapse]
~ Xat Chatroom Link ~
This is a link to the live chatroom we will be using for the tournaments. In the event that more players arrive for a tournament than can fit in the Xat, we will use an All Is Brawl tournament chatroom, which I will provide a link for if it becomes necessary.