• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
My just stopped reading my brawl game so unless it miraculously started working again before sunday I won't be able to make it to this bi weekly. :ohwell:

theeboredone

Smash Legend
My just stopped reading my brawl game so unless it miraculously started working again before sunday I won't be able to make it to this bi weekly. :ohwell:
It's a known problem, but I've been hearing about it more lately o_O. In any case, just get USB loader via homebrew. I don't think there are any differences via load time, minus a few. San mentioned a few things a while back.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
It's a known problem, but I've been hearing about it more lately o_O. In any case, just get USB loader via homebrew. I don't think there are any differences via load time, minus a few. San mentioned a few things a while back.
That i can't get. No SD card to download it on. :ohwell:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Might be because brawl is a two layer disk, which makes the laser burn out faster. Or so I've heard, at least.
As for the SD card, just go to Target or something and get one for like $15? They aren't hard to find. You can also use them for saving pictures from your camera. xP

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Absolutely. You cut it a little close though, the deadline for sign-ups is in like an hour and a half, lol. But I'll add you in.

:034:

sweet brothanks! and next time ill remeber to sign up earlier haha

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Yeah im not gonna be able to make it Nyke just cut me from this. Maybe i'll get to friendly some of you guys after i get my wii fixed.

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
Dad just scheduled lunch with family friends tomorrow, so I'll either be really late or not come at all. :/

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
wth why is everyone dropping out D: </3 i wanted to play some of you guys v.v and thanks watkins i now i will def learn mor from this i dont play other ikes to much

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Omg, I don't even know who to send the reminder to at this point what with all the cancelations. Guess I'll just wing it, lol.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I don't think I'm feelin' it today. Fail tournament at a fail convention yesterday, didn't sleep until 4:30 in the morning.
Tried to donate blood this morning. Platelets worked too fast and I clotted up and blocked everything. Failed donation, arm sore from how many times they tried to rearrange the needle in the vein before they knew it just wouldn't work.

Tired and annoyed as balls. WiFi won't do me any good. I may be in the chat, but I'm not playing today.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Good games today everyone, wish I could have stayed longer for teams and stuff, but I have to be somewhere in a bit. I'll update the stats and get the PR discussion rolling once I get back. A lot of interesting MUs and upsets in the results today.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
jam friendlies were fun D: besides the lag idk what was going on <_<

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Alright, all the stats are updated under the OP guys, we'll get to work on the final PR list now.

sweet! i hope i make it on there i think i did decent yesterday i need to step my game up for mirrors though haha

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I mowed the lawn yesterday and missed the tournament, but all I had really wanted out of it was Ike practice anyway to see if any other Ike's had tricks I didn't know about. I'd still like to see that, so if any Ike wants to friendly me sometime that'd be very welcome, hit me up on AIM or PM me on smashboards:

AIM: WatkinsPwn (made it when I was like 12 lol :<)

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
Just to clear up any confusion, cause I notice a lot of people saying this was the last bi-weekly and stuff:

This was potentially the last all-Ike bi-weekly. Not the last bi-weekly. Over the next week, the PR panel (or at least Bored and I) are going to try and convince another character board to play against us in a sort of round-robin crew battle type deal for the weekend after next. We'll get some input from you guys as to what character board we should challenge first.

If this works out, we'll challenge a new character board every bi-weekly to get match-up experience against different characters (the more experienced among us can give MU tips and advice along the way). If for whatever reason it doesn't work out or we can't get any other boards to agree to it... well we can always just go back to Ike ditto tourneys, lol. I'll always be willing to host these, so they aren't going anywhere as long as I'm not.

If any of you guys have any questions at all about the bi-weeklies or this new plan for them or anything, please feel free to ask me in here or via VM/PM.

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
Just to clear up any confusion, cause I notice a lot of people saying this was the last bi-weekly and stuff:

This was potentially the last all-Ike bi-weekly. Not the last bi-weekly. Over the next week, the PR panel (or at least Bored and I) are going to try and convince another character board to play against us in a sort of round-robin crew battle type deal for the weekend after next. We'll get some input from you guys as to what character board we should challenge first.

If this works out, we'll challenge a new character board every bi-weekly to get match-up experience against different characters (the more experienced among us can give MU tips and advice along the way). If for whatever reason it doesn't work out or we can't get any other boards to agree to it... well we can always just go back to Ike ditto tourneys, lol. I'll always be willing to host these, so they aren't going anywhere as long as I'm not.

If any of you guys have any questions at all about the bi-weeklies or this new plan for them or anything, please feel free to ask me in here or via VM/PM.

Snake boards :] cause you know all us ikes got that match up down the best!. well atleast for me i mean for me THERES LIKE 10 SNAKES in my region plus i play snake i know the mu o so well ;D

also after yesterday i had alot of fun playing everyone and seeing alot of different styles of ike i learned alot actually if anyone ever wants to play me message me oe hit me up on aim :O

Aim: ZER069Sk8ter69

theeboredone

Smash Legend
Personally, I would look for a MU that I'm not fond with or just do plain bad. With that being said, I would consider....

1. For Sure: Peach, Diddy, Marth, Falco, Yoshi
2. Maybe: Wario, Olimar, G&W, Lucario
3. Never: MK, Bowser, Ganon. They all too good.

But that's just my personal opinion. I just want to learn a MU that a lot of players use in tourny/high tier.

Top Bottom