• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Senliten

Smash Lord
In the back room, sleeping with the waifu
NNID
Senliten

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
How bout the one word most F2P mmo devs say..... "soon" XD
LMAO. Yes, I guess that helps... D< But--- HEY SEN! You should brawl me! D: I needa practice some before this Saturday, my ultimate tourney!! That is, if you aren't busy or anything. I like brawling you anyhow. :p

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
LMAO. Yes, I guess that helps... D< But--- HEY SEN! You should brawl me! D: I needa practice some before this Saturday, my ultimate tourney!! That is, if you aren't busy or anything. I like brawling you anyhow. :p
Oh why oh why did I read the last bit in the most obscure way ever XD
And uhh sure, how does a bit after 8EST sound? am stuck running out to pick a family member up

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Oh why oh why did I read the last bit in the most obscure way ever XD
And uhh sure, how does a bit after 8EST sound? am stuck running out to pick a family member up
Heeheee okay. You transform EVERY statement you can in a sexual way. :chuckle:

EDIT: And why did when I first read that, I saw something about 8-bit midi tracks... lol...

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Heeheee okay. You transform EVERY statement you can in a sexual way. :chuckle:

EDIT: And why did when I first read that, I saw something about 8-bit midi tracks... lol...

Well I do have a mansion in the gutter so it explains alot, but remember kiddies. It's not how rich you are in the gutter, it's how dirty you can be :lick:

And am back, also am gonna be replaying most of these so everyone else can prolly bash us in the vid critique thread XD.

@Bored: How do I make this place lose manliness? Thought every man has a bit of twisted in them lol

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
Well that was just pure bad on my end
Think imma use my own down taunt on myself now
*uses his "pathetic" down taunt*

Prolly was of no use eh? And the lag..... my god I want to just rage even further....
Oh well, ggs even if I failed an such a epic level

Heartstring

Smash Legend
*resists urge to turn this into something dirty*
As for everything else.......... *looks towards the next waba to break his offline curse*
to hell if im resisting

i would SO 'use' zelda given the chance XD
and seeing as everyone else is doing it...i are also a lolicon aaand jailbait is pretty awesome too...except for y'know, they're jailbait...
ahem anyway...

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
If everyone else is doing it, I guess I can admit to having seen some loli manga.

My theory as to why so many Ike users have 'experienced' loli stuff is that they probably use Ike because he is cool and has a giant sword. Many mainstream anime characters are cool and have giant swords. If you've seen mainstream, you may have seen the less common stuff as well.

My other theory is that anyone who uses Lucario is an extreme furry. Confirm / Deny?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I haven't seen loli stuff, besides the usual random pictures posted in random places like smashboards.

And the Lucario comments is most likely correct.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
I use Ike because my bro abandoned him for Snake, so I abandoned Marth for Ike. Then I abandoned Ike for Zelda. Then went back to Ike. Then Zelda. Then Ike. Then Zelda. Then Ike. Then Zelda.

Then Marth.................. And then back to Ike, which is where I am now.

And all that is literally speaking.

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
If everyone else is doing it, I guess I can admit to having seen some loli manga.

My theory as to why so many Ike users have 'experienced' loli stuff is that they probably use Ike because he is cool and has a giant sword. Many mainstream anime characters are cool and have giant swords. If you've seen mainstream, you may have seen the less common stuff as well.

My other theory is that anyone who uses Lucario is an extreme furry. Confirm / Deny?

So what does that make Ike mainers whom third him?

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
When I first got brawl I started with Ike since Marth wasn't available yet. Very first match I play I lose to a lvl 9 CPU Bowser.
After unlocking Marth I played with him until matches with friends weren't close anymore. So I used Ike again to make the matches closer...but it didn't last that long. Played around with Pit, DDD, Wolf, Pika to attempt to make things even; again, didn't last that long. Friends got tired of playing Brawl. At some point in this period of time I found "with anyone" mode, where Marth wifi failed, so I used Ike more.
Playing offline, I find my Marth was still better. So right now I main Marth and second Ike.

/story of my character usage

Heartstring

Smash Legend
So what does that make Ike mainers whom third him?
loli+animals=cubs
a cubcon?

my character usage was i started off with kirby, falsely mistaking him for a hoppip which i had seenin an episode of pokemon that morning (this is melee by the way)
and then i continued into brawl, still using kriby because i remember the godly hammer (LOL) he had in melee. used him for a while, then i discovered ike in the subspace emissary and used him untill i found competitive brawl, in which i realised he wasnt all that gd fro a beginner and went back to kirby.
was fairly ok with kirby, but gradually got worse and ended up just spammnig up-b.
noticing that i was spammnig it for a projectile, i moved on to samus, which was pretty good seeing as standing miles away and spamming worked on wifi without autocancelling.
then i got destroyed a few times and went back to ike, never regretted it, the end ^.^

aaaand ive cycled though every character not names yoshi as a potential secondary, before finally stopping on ROB

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Well if you want a whole story on it........

I started off as Marth since my brother unlocked him for me. I was honestly gonna use Lucario first, but then my bro said, "I think you'd like Marth. You should try him." So that I did, and I enjoyed using him--- Mind you this was my first time ever playing Smash, so I was a mega fan of FFAs with items on.

After like a week and a half, my bro stopped using Ike and using Snake and I was just all like 'Aww poor Ike. He's all alone now that (insert brother's name here) left him for that cheap-o Snake. I'll use Ike now!' So I use him and feel almighty powerful with that epic smashing power, so I own the mess outta the puny level-3 CPUs. (I was so epic.) Later that month I found Basic Brawling and fought my first 'friend' online-- and got owned. Then I made a Smashboards account and came here~! I went to the Ike boards second and started talking [gloriously] about my FFA adventures and got flamed by almost everyone I'm talking to now.

I got sad and decided to use Zelda. Zelda was pretty fun and I ended up being a lot better with her than Marth or Ike. (This was around when I was developing my competitive-senses). I joined my first local tournament with Zelda, joined a tag-tourney that never happened (but I did train lots with my partner using Zelda and they were an Ike).

Then I went back to using Marth because I got bored of Zelda. This was when I made that Compilation Video (that wasn't supposed to be a combo video, and for that exact misunderstanding, people falsely flamed me COUGHCOUGHBOREDCOUGH). Anyways, the flame pissed me off. I also entered my second local tourney as a Marth main. I used Ike sometimes in the tourney and when I eventually got my second loss, the people I versed AND the director of the tournament said I should start using Ike more.

I took that into consideration and got on Smashboards more often and revisited the Ike boards and saw that biweekly. So I decided to strengthen my skills and that's where I am now, a proud Ike. [:

YOU LIKED MY STORY, YES?

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I used Marth for the first two days, then tried Ike, haven't looked back since.

My "secondaries" (AKA, whoever I used when bored) however, have bounced around as follows: Marth, Snake, Falcon (kept, but "knew" I needed a worth while secondary even though I don't bother using secondaries), Toon Link, Sheik, PT, Mario, G&W (only secondary I have attempted to use in a tournament. Went terrible), Toon Link again, Marth again, Sheik again, Bowser, Wario, D3, Bowser again, Link, Sheik again, Samus, Bowser again.

Those are the ones I used for more than a few days. Every other character in the game I have at least experimented with for a day, outside of Diddy Kong, ICs, Olimar and Jigglypuff who I all used for less than a day because I hated how they worked. If I really worked at Sheik, Charizard, and Bowser, I could probably get them on the same level as my Ike. I consider Falcon just one small step under my Ike's level. However, I see no point in attempting to learn any of them: I don't find them fun outside of Falcon, who isn't worthwhile to learn. I would consider Link worthwhile if he didn't fall like a rock incased in cement.

The only advantage to all of this is that I likely will have a leg up on most people when it comes to random character tournaments. :D

Senliten

Smash Lord
NNID
Senliten
64: Pikachu
Melee: Pichu then to roy
Brawl: Pikachu at the midnight release tourney, failed to use the smashball correctly and then moved on to Ike after playing with him in the story mode.

Not in a mood for a long story time XD

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I saw kirk use Ike and went, i want to use him.

tried marth, but gave him up as i wanted Ike's range. Always 2nded Pikachu.

Yamato Hong

Smash Apprentice
Well, for me, it all started with Mario (first character to be played in every Smash game). The purpose is to allow me to adjust to the new physics of this new game; especially since I have been playing Melee for years. ^-^

After experimenting with Mario in Classic mode, I begin unlocking the first few characters. Marth turned out to be one of them, so I picked him up. His physics in SSBB are a bit different from Melee as he does not have as much range; yet, he remains swift. Marth became my main, which I eventually tested Ike. His range is impressive, and his attacks are powerful. From this, I now have no idea who to main or set aside as a secondary. As of right now, I play Marth and Ike equally as mains. ^-^

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
My second main after ike is lucario and i can't stand seeing anything thats an animal with female body features or a superanimal kind of guy, It's like considering your own pet to be attractive... :urg::urg:

Top Bottom