• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i SO joined this conversation at the wrong time, but regardless, i herd of underage non-furries. where does one sign up?

theeboredone

Smash Legend
So back to serious business. If Nys is too busy with life (work, school, anti-social personality johns), then I guess we should at least attempt to go on ahead without him in discussing what an appropriate time would be for the PR tourny. Just because he's the host doesn't mean he has to be there and what not to take the results now. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Due to no escape fro the 86420 error, I don't think I'll be participating unless by any miracle the wii starts connecting. Assuming Nys remains AWOL...we can replace two people in the PR or make it a 6 man tourny.

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
I say replace two people if you and/or Nys don't make it. Give the next few people a chance to play for the PR tourney. They may even top me. I also say this because 6 players seems to little to me for something like this to continue.

DTK.L

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2036-9101-4904
Whoever has their spot in the Final PR's deserves it so unless a new PR bi-weekly is announced then no one should be removed.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i reckon waiting about for a little bit wont hurt, but of course if nys has fallen of the face of the earth then we'll have to continue without him

NT 3000

Style>Winning
NNID
NoiseTank3000
3DS FC
2578-3240-5015
dam im gone for like a week and all this stuff happens o.o i say we keep nys and bored on or just put like an honorable mentions thing saying "ikes that were on the pr but were taken off do to school/work johns" something like that i guess idk just a thought

theeboredone

Smash Legend
The last time Nys signed on was 8/24. It's almost been a week. So whatever life johns he has, they must be important or serious enough to keep him busy. That or his internet failed.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
either his internet failed...or he got a girlfriend to use his time on

yeah he should have used a different service provider

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
People have more free time than they think. For example, I will be trying to squeeze Metroid: Other M during this week in =D

Heartstring

Smash Legend
im messing about brett, the mood needed lightening slightly

and apparently i need to work on my internet sarcasm...

jamlosingthegame

Smash Lord
NNID
jamlosingthegame
i need to work on my internet sarcasm...
Tell me when you become a pro at it, because it is really hard to make something sarcastic through text.

I have so much free time before next week. I find myself playing MW2, but get bored so easily since my friends are barely on as well. I should seriously spend more time on improving my Ike for the PR. I really need a new game to keep me company.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Metroid Gaiden.
I've been hearing a lot of negative things about it so far. lol
Critiques like Xplay gave it a 2/5.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I've had the game for a while, but I won't be able to get to actually play until later in the week.

I like how people even mention G4 only when it gives a bad review, when no one even considered them credible. I follow video game sales/news very closely.

I haven't heard anything negative that I know that I will enjoy, btw. Controls I know I will probably love, and the gameplay has universal praise.

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Eh, I don't really believe in video game critiques but I just happened to stumble upon the review today. lol
So far I heard it plays like Ninja Gaiden. And most people love how that game plays. (which is why I call it Metroid Gaiden)

I probably won't be playing it since I'm not too interested in the Metroid series.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Play Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Fusion, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime (or better yet, Metroid Prime Trilogy) AT LEAST please =D

Some of the best 2D (and even 3D) gameplay IMO.

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion are the ONLY new ones, lol, barring the prime series which are amazing in their own right. Can't wait for the next 2D metroid (handheld)

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Newer ones to me=Prime series.
1st person action-adventure isn't my thing.
I don't necessarily like Ninja Gaiden either. lol
I like the platformers though.

I'm currently having trouble connecting on Brawl wifi. ;[

san.

NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I might be having troubling connecting to brawl wifi, too. Haven't hooked up brawl in a few weeks though.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
I think the funniest thing about the game yet is how you replenish missiles. Point wii mote up and hold A. I mean I know we're not out for realism...but um really? Whatever happen to beating bad guys and picking up items?

Anyways, after watching the G4 Review...well she seems to be on the same track as me, but a lower score.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i've yet to paly a single metroid game, and to be honest im all for keeping it that way, the games look good but idont like shooters in the slightest

as for a DS, there are two reasons to buy it
pokemon
mario kart

Top Bottom