• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Ike Boards Bi-Weeklies Thread ~ Come in and discuss ideas! ~

Would you like to see the bi-weeklies start up again?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
Ehh, you won't be getting any of them for a moment... I did something stupid on Deviant and now I have to ask my friend for the contact again... When they get on Skype. :urg:

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm... I think I'll sign up, should be able to actually make it this time. I just played an AIB Ike tournament last week which was cool but frustrating at times when I almost lost to people a lot worse than me because of delay, but I actually learned some stuff so I'll give it a shot again.

IkeFiend

Smash Ace
No, the other Ike looks dorky. His eyes are too wide, his hair is too fsihadfs, his face is so discombobulated, he stands so stupidly.... Is it time for me to rant about him? Dx

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
@Watkins

Johning is not cool at the biweekly. We already all know Ike dittos are silly and don't make the better player plus its WIFI too. This is mainly to have fun.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Johning is an integral part of any ditto match-up.

No matter how much you convince yourself that dittos mean nothing, realizing that the Ike at the victory screen isn't yours is annoying.

Only solution is to just not lose.

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
Oh I wasn't johning, I won the tournament after all, but I can see how you might think I was. I was merely saying wifi Ike dittos can be frustrating because things like charging smashes and run off aerials are so much more effective whereas they are significantly less so offline.

Sometimes though they're great because they allow you to see tricks other Ike players have come up with, or know how to shine spotlights on your weaknesses when you might not know them yourself. For example, this good AIB Ike Blazeleaf almost beat me because he kept reading my jumps and smacking me with Fair when I didn't realize I was being so predictable which is a lesson I can take offline too.

So for lessons like that I give wifi tournaments a shot. Dying to lame nonsense is not fun, but learning stuff is, to me at least.

Edit: I agree with Light too lol

-RedX-

Smash Lord
Johning is an integral part of any ditto match-up.

No matter how much you convince yourself that dittos mean nothing, realizing that the Ike at the victory screen isn't yours is annoying.

Only solution is to just not lose.
This is so true.....lmao.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I don't get to play any engaging offline Ike dittos cause the only people who play Ike around here do so in friendlies and can't use him for crap. When I went to my second local bi-weekly tournament last year I had a friendly Ike ditto set with a guy who used to second him (he wanted to 'test' me, hadn't seen me play before)... 3-stocked him on BF then FD and that was the end of anyone playing me in the ditto offline.

Needless to say I love Ike dittos. I don't even mind losing as long as it's not due to some especially ridiculous WiFi nonsense, I just really enjoy fighting other Ikes.

:034:

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
I like PoR Ike better than RD Ike. :p

And I like Ike dittos since you can usually learn some things from the other person.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Ike dittos remind me why Ike is so gay to play against =p

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i don't really like dittos, i suck at them, honestly almost anyone can pick ike and beat me with him providing im also using ike which is utterly dribbly,
and to add to the wound, my lag is worse than most because of my global positioning, so yknow...

Heartstring

Smash Legend
yeah, someone pull america over here so it at least lags less, or so i can jsut swin a few miles to get to america

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
My uncle has an old tugboat he rarely uses anymore. I could commandeer it and see about that pulling America thing. Might take a few millennia and about two dozen massive earthquakes and natural continental shifts, but it would be worth the green connection. I'm just worried the wind will be against me for most of the voyage, that'll suck.

:034:

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
I may be signing up for this tournament but I have a question what happens if the connection is too laggy to play? My connection is really good but sometimes online it just lags to death

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
yeah, someone pull america over here so it at least lags less, or so i can jsut swin a few miles to get to america
Well, the matches we played a few weeks ago were pretty solid lag-wise. I attribute that to my recent purchase of the Wii LAN adapter, which I highly recommend to everyone.

I didn't know it was possible to meat ride an electrical appliance but I seem to be pulling it off. LAN 4 Life.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
ok turns out im in a caravan at a gypsy park on sunday (i sh*t you not) so i cant turn up, may the best ike win (wonder who that is...)

Heartstring

Smash Legend
oh my god america doesn't have gypsies? you lucky people you

basically theyre people that live in caravan's and have completely dropped out of society and every rule of it, they all stink horribly, lack any sort of public decency (would be ok if the women like any good but they are also all covered in warts and such) and feel the need to steal anything that looks slightly valuable in instant they see it
the other day i looked out the window to see gypsy's heaving our old boiler from beside the bin and putting it in their caravan, theiving bastadrs, we were gonna get money for that from the scrapyard too -__-
and a gypsy park is just a random plot of perfectly good land that they feel the need to swarm on a trample to oblivion before moving on to the next farmers land to destroy crops, honestly its like farmville's final boss battle

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Oh okay, so it was exactly what I was afraid of.

I haven't seen any in America but a few people here (on vacation) have told me horror stories about them. In one of the stories, a pregnant woman comes to a house and asks for a glass of water. The owner is like "Okay, sure." and then turns around, quickly grabs a glass and turns back. In this time interval, around 25 gypsies storm her house and just start swarming all over the place. After she manages to get all of them out she realizes that they took all of her silverware.

My only reaction to hearing this was "What the ****?"

Top Bottom