• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Fine, if you guys want Future we'll take QTP. Our crew also needs more metaknights, maybe we should have cheesy mike and fae in our crew?

QTP

The "Sonic" of Diddy Kong
haha.

well, most of my videos are from late 2008.

here's the list of my tournament records: http://allisbrawl.com/history.aspx?id=252&gid=0&page=1
mostly from release to July 2009 at Genesis.

i'm still hella **** at this game and play it frequently.
i would love to be in MO crews, and if you guys decide to boot someone for me, i'd be glad to be in MO crews, respectively.

i know ALMOST every character match-up, and (IMO) i'm placing high in the bracket. :))

any questions that anyone would like to know about me or my tourney records??

edit: for the record, i HATE doubles and play kinda carelessly about them.

MJG

Smash Hero
haha.

well, most of my videos are from late 2008.

here's the list of my tournament records: http://allisbrawl.com/history.aspx?id=252&gid=0&page=1
mostly from release to July 2009 at Genesis.

i'm still hella **** at this game and play it frequently.
i would love to be in MO crews, and if you guys decide to boot someone for me, i'd be glad to be in MO crews, respectively.

i know ALMOST every character match-up, and (IMO) i'm placing high in the bracket. :))

any questions that anyone would like to know about me or my tourney records??

edit: for the record, i HATE doubles and play kinda carelessly about them.
Want to MM at this tourney? I need diddy experience

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
aren't I an honorary member of the st. louis crew?

Nicole

Smash Champion
lol sadly early 2008 QTP would probably **** all of MO 2010

especially that one black dude.
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I like that you're FROM Missouri and still hate on us.

Edit - Just watched the vid. It's no help since it's from '08 and everyone sucked then compared to now.

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, Nicole's Diddy is better than that video, but obviously QTP has surely improved since 2008. Just have to play him to see. Still don't know who he should replace, though. Might depend on how well everyone is doing that day.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Count in Tmacc! I'm from Cape Girardeau, have creeped on the boards for a very, vey long time but not posted, and attend St. Louis College of Pharmacy. I will for sure be there, can't wait!!! :D

Tomacawk

Smash Master
hope to see you there tmacc, don't be scared to get some melee games with me. hope you love the community as much as i do!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hmm... This makes things interesting. If he ends up backing down, tell him Mr. Doom's jab would be upset.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Not sure I can go to this anymore.

I've got an 8 hour class on Saturday and a 4 hour class on Sunday. I haven't looked very closely at my school schedule and never looked at it past the first week. Now that I finally looked ahead, the 30th - 31st are not days I can do anything on. I'll see what I can do about it, but I really can't drop any classes because I barely am taking enough as it is to graduate...I might be able to make things work out, but right now it seems unlikely.

Housing will have to be found for the people who were gonna stay with me, which is my primary concern. I really apologize to Rauleen, because this is gonna put alot of extra stress on her.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

I've got an 8 hour class on Saturday and a 4 hour class on Sunday. I haven't looked very closely at my school schedule and never looked at it past the first week. Now that I finally looked ahead, the 30th - 31st are not days I can do anything on. I'll see what I can do about it, but I really can't drop any classes because I barely am taking enough as it is to graduate...I might be able to make things work out, but right now it seems unlikely.

Housing will have to be found for the people who were gonna stay with me, which is my primary concern. I really apologize to Rauleen, because this is gonna put alot of extra stress on her.
D:
10 D:s

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Oh yeah! Ripple lives in southern IL! Is Chewy coming to this too? We would have 4 legit players so far.
:dizzy: Zoze, we're not "southern IL" unless in respect to Chicago. (See map of Illinois, Figure A)

Figure A:

[click for big version]

But it's not like central IL will have enough players, even with Ripple

Radium88

Smash Lord
Hahaha @ Oranos.

I would die too. Holy crap what are those classes??? It's more of a bummer because you POSSIBLY won't be there Nicole. You have probably already thought of this but I suggest you talk to your teacher ASAP and make any necessary arrangements, such as make up work, now. If need be, bring an apple. Teachers like those right? Maybe someone can take notes for you or give someone a tape recorder of some sort or something....well in any case, I'm assuming your class starts early? Maybe you can get here before pools start or I'll put you in pools but if you can't make it, then I can't seed you without results.

I hope you work things out and you can come. I have ideas for housing situation so no worries on that and a desperate last resort that you guys don't need to worry about because you are guaranteed housing. If you are worried, PM me and I can esplain it to yous :) Lawl, I am stressed out but I work better under pressure usually...

But WHATEVER IT TAKES TO MAKE THIS TOURNAMENT A SUCCESS! Even if it means whoring myself out!

....wait I already did that for a doubles partner.....**** it. I guess even if it means I got to choke a b!t<h.

Also, is that a no on set ups too? :confused:

About Crews (If time permits after tournament) I had fun with my first crew battle at my first competitive tournament in Kirksville, MO. I took a stock off Zeton....(he let me do it because he said something about me being a girl and couldn't kill me...No joke)

How about:

-$2 per person to enter crew battle
-5 person MAXIMUM per crew (1 is the minimum so if Joker wants to be a crew all by himself he can go ahead and do that)
-Each state(region)represented can have more than one crew but they are represented individually so think of a crew name. For those with less representatives, you can combine with other people.
-Maximum stock per crew is 15; so if you have 5 people, that will be 3 stock per person, if you have 1 then you have all 15. If it's an even number, debate who will take the extra stock.
-You will have your order of people written down on paper so there will be no changing in the line-up once the tournament starts
-Payout will be 60/40 (+$30 added as a bonus pot)
-Maybe....the crew winner gets to take home a trophy? And if there is another HD or some type of crew battle, the winner must bring it back to defend it. Their crew name or whatever will also be on the trophy and the trophy just keeps getting passed or kept (if it's the same crew/state/region that wins)

The crew battle I have been in only had 2 crews so that was easy to figure out. I haven't been a part of or witnessed any other crew battles, I don't know what happens if there are more than 2. Is it a round robin type? Or like, 2 crews battle out and the winner of that gets all their stock back and battles another crew? Anywho, whatchoo guys think? All this doesn't even need to be done; just thought it'd be fun.

This is geared towards both Brawl and Melee.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I guess Iowa is sleeping in the car. :laugh: Its all good Nicole. Understandable, but it sucks you can't show up to the Tourney. :(

MJG

Smash Hero
2 dollars? Lol

YES! Renegade and I **** on wifi (lol @ wifi)

Can't wait to meet that sexy Ike main <3

EDIT: I saw that some of the people that attended M.A.S. did "One hit crew" battles with Random characters on.

I wouldn't personally want to do it but it looked interesting.

darkatma

Smash Hero
About Crews (If time permits after tournament) I had fun with my first crew battle at my first competitive tournament in Kirksville, MO. I took a stock off Zeton....(he let me do it because he said something about me being a girl and couldn't kill me...No joke)

How about:

-$2 per person to enter crew battle
-5 person MAXIMUM per crew (1 is the minimum so if Joker wants to be a crew all by himself he can go ahead and do that)
-Each state(region)represented can have more than one crew but they are represented individually so think of a crew name. For those with less representatives, you can combine with other people.
-Maximum stock per crew is 15; so if you have 5 people, that will be 3 stock per person, if you have 1 then you have all 15. If it's an even number, debate who will take the extra stock.
-You will have your order of people written down on paper so there will be no changing in the line-up once the tournament starts
-Payout will be 60/40 (+$30 added as a bonus pot)
-Maybe....the crew winner gets to take home a trophy? And if there is another HD or some type of crew battle, the winner must bring it back to defend it. Their crew name or whatever will also be on the trophy and the trophy just keeps getting passed or kept (if it's the same crew/state/region that wins)

The crew battle I have been in only had 2 crews so that was easy to figure out. I haven't been a part of or witnessed any other crew battles, I don't know what happens if there are more than 2. Is it a round robin type? Or like, 2 crews battle out and the winner of that gets all their stock back and battles another crew? Anywho, whatchoo guys think? All this doesn't even need to be done; just thought it'd be fun.

This is geared towards both Brawl and Melee.
about your ruleset: I see a few problems with it

1. having a different amount of people per team really messes up matches. I noticed in melee even 4 stocks to 5 stocks made a big difference. The fairest and closest matches are always from crews with the same number of people. If joker is the best brawler here and he goes in with all 15 stocks, he would win. Same with Kels or Tinky in melee.

2. the trophy idea: while it sounds cool, it's probably unlikely. for ex: if nebraska wins the crews and bring the trophy home, and don't come next tourney because they have stuff to do, then the trophy doesn't come back.

I think it would be best to just keep it to a set number of players per crew, that way stage counterpicks, hype, and ****talking can be at their best :p

ALSO: WTF nicole 8 hours of class on saturday.... WTF?

Radium88

Smash Lord
about your ruleset: I see a few problems with it

1. having a different amount of people per team really messes up matches. I noticed in melee even 4 stocks to 5 stocks made a big difference. The fairest and closest matches are always from crews with the same number of people. If joker is the best brawler here and he goes in with all 15 stocks, he would win. Same with Kels or Tinky in melee.

2. the trophy idea: while it sounds cool, it's probably unlikely. for ex: if nebraska wins the crews and bring the trophy home, and don't come next tourney because they have stuff to do, then the trophy doesn't come back.

I think it would be best to just keep it to a set number of players per crew, that way stage counterpicks, hype, and ****talking can be at their best :p

ALSO: WTF nicole 8 hours of class on saturday.... WTF?
True true. Okay 5 person team and that's that. Sorry Joker. :p

I've thought about that and my solution which I forgot about the post is, another trophy. Haha, it's not going to be some expensive trophy that needs to be brought back or anything but it'd be a cool idea if it did.

Cook

Smash Master
There will be a way. She's gonna try to switch classes, and I have the feeling it will work out. But it may not... either way, I'll still bring at least one setup, Rauleen.

Why 5 man max on crews? I like 6. :( Also, counterpicking should be allowed, otherwise your order could really bone you over.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
:dizzy: Zoze, we're not "southern IL" unless in respect to Chicago. (See map of Illinois, Figure A)

Figure A:

[click for big version]
Nice picture lol

South of Chicago is southern IL according the the rest of the world. Makes me mad :(. There was a thread up recently that said "tournament in southern IL!!!". I got really excited! Then when I clicked on it the tournament was in Peoria LOL.

But yeah, we should all crew together. We would have 5 maybe. You, Chewy, Ripple, Zoze, Rob G.

Radium88

Smash Lord
There will be a way. She's gonna try to switch classes, and I have the feeling it will work out. But it may not... either way, I'll still bring at least one setup, Rauleen.

Why 5 man max on crews? I like 6. :( Also, counterpicking should be allowed, otherwise your order could really bone you over.
That was the challenge but I'll reconsider because that would be a really b!t<hy thing. Heh...

Also, sweet on that set up. Full set up right? Wif a Teevee?

6 seems like overstretch for many regions, because they haven't brought that many players.

I also agree with the counterpicking
That's why I limited it to 5 because some regions aren't bringing that many so the really smaller ones could combine or something.

About counterpicking....how about you get 2 chances to change the order because I want to see some good strategery happening.

Nuris

Smash Lord
yes. if you are only doing brawl, you only need to show up on saturday.

Top Bottom