• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hot Dickings! Jan 30th - 31st! 2010, STL MO. BONUS POT (1/24/10 with LIVESTREAM)

Legan

Smash Lord
well when theres state pride on the line, usually its best to opt for the better players. Ive got nothing against David and crews should never be taken personally when you dont make it, QTP just has way better experience playing under pressure and hes been in regional crew battles. I also stated, that well have to see if his game is still up to par before we make a decision.

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, saying St. Louis players should have priority is wrong considering it is the MO crew.

Also, what tournaments has QTP won and what crew has he been on? Did he play Melee or something?

Nicole

Smash Champion
Agree, the Missouri crew should be the best people in Missouri, not just STL - best being the people who place best at tournaments and have ample tourney experience.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
So Ill gladly accepts future.
What is going on here? So ILL hasn't voted on this!

edit- I vote we should take him. Motion carried. We may want to consider combining St. Louis and Southern IL though, depending on what other crews are coming. St. Louis + So ILL would be surprisingly stacked.

edit 2- Active So ILL crew members consist of: Me, Rob Gambino, and Future (recently added). Just encase you were wondering.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I don't think Future is officially lost yet-- he's on vacation and can't even post... and like I said... I'm really not cool with just randomly booting him for a guy who none of us but Legan knows anything about. I'm not dissing on QTP, I don't even know him or if he is good... but that's my whole point.

Besides, even if we talk about pure skill, Future is ****, you guys are crazy if you think otherwise. He plays several characters on or close to a level that a lot of you only play one.

The fact that so many of you want to drop him just because of a random and untested Diddy main is astounding to me...

Nicole

Smash Champion
I don't think that anyone has said that we 100% should drop David. I certainly need to see this Diddy guy before I can make a decision, and also I'd like to know how QTP has placed in the past at tournaments. Alll we are saying is that we would -consider- putting QTP on our crew IF he is worth putting on our crew. David has the least tourney experience and none of his placings have ever been outstanding. The only consistently decent placers in MO are Andrew and Kit, tbh.

I don't think we need to combine with S. Illinois, it would just make more drama as to who gets kicked off and who replaces them.

Edit - By stalking Wichita's social thread, I found their crew - Domo, Affinity, Holms, Zeton, Nynja, Ratman -
I didn't know Ratman travelled, but that's MK, MK, ???, Fox, Diddy, Snake/Marth.

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, all I said was QTP should maybe be on if he is actually really good, and I said I'm not sure who he would replace.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
nicole took the bait

that's not our real team, we just want to throw you guys off

the real team is this:

squirtle, charizard, lucario, mewtwo, wario, ganondorf

i have EV trained them all

MJG

Smash Hero
I don't think that anyone has said that we 100% should drop David. I certainly need to see this Diddy guy before I can make a decision, and also I'd like to know how QTP has placed in the past at tournaments. Alll we are saying is that we would -consider- putting QTP on our crew IF he is worth putting on our crew. David has the least tourney experience and none of his placings have ever been outstanding. The only consistently decent placers in MO are Andrew and Kit, tbh.

I don't think we need to combine with S. Illinois, it would just make more drama as to who gets kicked off and who replaces them.

Edit - By stalking Wichita's social thread, I found their crew - Domo, Affinity, Holms, Zeton, Nynja, Ratman -
I didn't know Ratman travelled, but that's MK, MK, ???, Fox, Diddy, Snake/Marth.
Lol its not confirmed buddy ;)

Cook

Smash Master
Wichita should def use Clel and MJG. I'm giving free advice, and I don't even want Wichita to win! Should anyone believe me? Probably!

Nicole

Smash Champion
nicole took the bait

that's not our real team, we just want to throw you guys off

the real team is this:

squirtle, charizard, lucario, mewtwo, wario, ganondorf

i have EV trained them all
Wow, you're super gay, going to the Toys R Us pokemon promo and getting that lv 50 Ganondorf since he can't be found in the wild, and even if he could, he couldn't be caught by anything, not even a Master Ball.

TP

Smash Master
I'm training my Ganondorf. Soon it will evolve into Ganon and learn Earthquake. Unfortunately, it won't save all of the matchups, since MK is flying type and Peach has levitate, but it's super effective against Pikachu.

:034:

Legan

Smash Lord
I don't think Future is officially lost yet-- he's on vacation and can't even post... and like I said... I'm really not cool with just randomly booting him for a guy who none of us but Legan knows anything about. I'm not dissing on QTP, I don't even know him or if he is good... but that's my whole point.

Besides, even if we talk about pure skill, Future is ****, you guys are crazy if you think otherwise. He plays several characters on or close to a level that a lot of you only play one.

The fact that so many of you want to drop him just because of a random and untested Diddy main is astounding to me...
I cant remember the last time Ive seen david finish a match, David usually just gives up if hes not winning or rage quits all together. Plus he doesnt have the experience that QTP has, Im not
going to cry if im not qualified for crews (because i havent been) and i wouldnt expect anyone else too. Its up for discussion but it's really not that big of a deal. We might just scratch crews all together if we cant reach a compromise.

QTP in crews, ill work on getting his tourney placings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jumHSIJaKWM

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Time paradox. Wouldn't we be earlier than your time, if you're so 3008 and we're 2008? Thus, that makes you 3000 and late. Get *****.

Top Bottom