• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

bassem6

Smash Lord
"InvaderZim playing KEEENEN *sniffs loudly*"

"YERICK!"

Guy must have a cold or something. I don't think he needs to announce who's playing what when it's listed. These guy's gotta get like... unbored. At least his co-caster does.

Jesus, this stream... I appreciate every other caster more now than I ever did before.
lmao I was just about to post about his pronunciation of "keenan."

Edit: i need to learn how to post pictures on swf :\

Fragger

Smash Journeyman
Yea, EV dominating. As usual. The pronunciations are really funny, at least for that one guy as well as pretty boring commentary. No hype at all.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I mean, did they really have nobody else to cast this game? It still has nearly 500 viewers. They couldn't get like... someone who has legit game knowledge? Xypherous is a developer sure, but the guy can't exactly bounce ideas back and forth with him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Was a roll, hard to be excited about that, lol. Also they barely seem to know what they're talking about/follow gameplay wise or have any knowledge of the decision making that goes on.

@Vyke - they are like New Mexico player or something. Isaccard is the Nolan that you always see in Zac's status :p

Vyke

Smash Champion
The guy hardly talking is Xypherous, so I'm pretty sure he can give insight into champion's abilities and how they syngergize... but the guy he's casting with is trying so hard with so little insight that it's painful, and it sounds like Xyph knows this.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Oh, nevermind. Apparently it's some douche named SypherZ and not Xypherous. What a letdown.

Stomp'em Zac, STOMP'EM!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
"You don't pick karthus unless you are ready to revenge face curb stomp somebody!"

I'm starting to like this commentator now.

EDIT:

"I was expecting udyr jungle and maokai top"

Confirmed, #1 commentator all time.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If you have ever disconnected during a game, then watch this 2min clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=170v7zmLlZU
I love you. Marry me Zac.

Watching your game.

Is Riot gonna revamp the old 450 champs or will they be stuck being generally bad so the 6300s look better to buy?
Just to reiterate what people said before, ip cost =/= power.

There are plenty of strong picks at all ip points, and 450 definitely has a viable selection for AP carry, AD carry, and support.

If you can free champs, you have 2 AD carries and a jungler as well.

When you upgrade to 1350 you really could viably fill out pretty much any team. 6300s are flashier though.

John the only champions that you listed that were OP upon release is Xin, Vlad and Sona. Leblanc was actually a very weak champion upon release and all patch fixes for her since her release has been buffs. Even with numerous buffs she's still a relatively weak pick. Anyways to your response about newly released champions being "OP" is far from true. Voli, Fiora, Ziggs, Sej, Viktor, Hecarim, and LuLu are champions I wouldn't consider "OP".
Not to restart any drama, but he seems to be saying that riot is more attempting to release characters that are not OP but definitely strong competitive picks. That I can agree with, though they're not necessarily being perfectly successful but in both directions.

As far as his other point, that newer champs tend to be more mobile then older champs. I tend to agree but it's not really a new thing imo.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
unholy grail... looks like a core Anivia item.. or anyone who runs out of mana. Even gives CDR, AP, and MR. Nice that we can choose between this and abyssal now.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Galio nerf was a mistake, being reverted

Athene's seems like it'll be pretty nice on a lot of supports, definitely going to replacing Morello's in my Soraka build. I can see it being viable on a lot of AP mids, though I think I'd only get if it's a tough matchup or I'm behind. If I'm ahead, I'll probably just get more AP to burst people harder.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I think Veigar's is far more spammable though, and really good 1v1 and even better in teamfights.

Speaking of those ults, has anyone ever seen a (presumably) gimmicky teamcomp composer of massive AoE/ults? For example, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Gangplank, and Kennen or whatever?
Was this intentional :glare:

1Down2Jared3Money

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
New: Master Yi leaps across the battlefield striking up to 4 enemies, dealing 100/150/200/250/300 (+1) magic damage to every target. If the first target is a minion, it will be dealt 200/250/300/350/400 magic damage, and every additional minion target has a 20/30/40/50/60% chance to be dealt 200/250/300/350/400 .

Holy ****.

Master Yi probably just became the fastest jungler.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/20189-unofficial-patch-notes-from-newest-beta-realm

If this actually gets implemented, I'll hold a candlelight vigil for everyone who uses Shen.
my gog master yi buffs

OH NO HAVE ANYONE SEEN AN AOE COMP BEFORE, like I don't think anyone thought of an press "r" and win team comp before. Asdioh I think you're onto something.
While we're at it, we should also purchase double wota.
You try too hard. It's obviously been thought of and tried many times, but does anyone actually do it/is it viable at a competitive level?

does minion include jungle creeps?
since it currently works on jungle creeps, I would imagine so.

Bullet Time ratio changed from 65/95/125 (+0.2) magic damage per bullet to 65/95/125 (+0.2) physical damage per bullet.
Will this be significant?

Top Bottom